PDA

View Full Version : Passover Coke 2007

AzRocks
02-05-2007, 07:16 PM
For everyone who doesnt know what Passover Coke is- here is a quick rundown that I posted last year:

I am already getting excited for Passover Coke. If anyone doesn't know what it is, it is when Coke starts to produce Coke with REAL sugar instead of HFCS. They do this for the Jewish holiday of Passover, which you are not allowed to eat certain food items such as corn syrup, because of this Coke produces Coca-Cola and Sprite in 2L and sometimes in cans that have real sugar in it. You can tell Passover Coke from Regular Coke because it has yellow caps and has a KP on it or another kosher symbol with a P after it. Passover begins in the beginning of April and they usually start to produce these about 2 weeks before so we have a bout 2 months till you can stock up. They usually only produce them around cities with a fairly large Jewish population but most fairly big cities in the US (New York, Chicago, LA, Miami, etc.) have them.

Passover this year begins on April 3rd, start looking for it mid March

Zap
02-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Wooohoo!! I've had to ration the remaining cans from last year's stash, there are only about 9 left, and while they are better than HFCS Coke, they aren't nearly as bright in flavor as when they were new. It's too bad they don't make the stuff twice a year.

On that note, I am excited to try the Jones Cream Soda with PCS!! I have been out of the loop lately, and just found the press release about their switch.

Mr Zabe
02-05-2007, 09:27 PM
I would be so happy if I could find KP Pepsi in the Chicago area.
I couldn't find any last year,just Coke. :(

[ 02-05-2007, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Zap
02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
I would be so happy if I could find KP Pepsi in the Chicago area.
I couldn't find any last year,just Coke. :( You're kidding, right?? The Jewel that you told me to go to that had the motherload of KP Coke cans also had tons of 2L of KP Pepsi... that's where I got all of mine. Did you not get to that store, or did you go too late in the season?

Mr Zabe
02-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Gee, I may have spaced out the 2ltr Pepsi KP. I remember finding a huge display of Coke KP cans and 2 ltrs btls. I did not check the shelf in the soda pop isle. Granted I was at the store at 3am. My eyes may of been a wee bit sleepy.

I will as I'm sure you will keep posting our KP soda pop findings for the up coming KP season. If I find Pepsi KP I will be oh so happy. smile.gif

[ 02-07-2007, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

popologist
02-07-2007, 11:20 PM
i'm determined to find some this year!!! i must learn what all the hype is about...

Mr Zabe
02-07-2007, 11:37 PM
The hype is that Kosher for Passover "KP" by dietary law is sweetened with sugar cain. So once a year for 5 or 6 weeks you can buy Coke and Pepsi products made with sugar cain. For those of us who are not able to find sugar cain soda pop affordable or easily, we get all excited.

Last year I was able to buy 2 case of Coke KP for
$2.25 a six pack 12 oz cans. smile.gif Not all stores have KP soda pop. The cans and bottles are marked with KP and usually are located in a display. I usally ask the store manager or look for the Passover section. Last year I called 9 or 10 stores before I found some.

[ 02-07-2007, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
02-08-2007, 12:19 AM
It is usually a targeted product, not all stores will carry it (unless it's post-Passover, and the warehouses are looking to clear out the KP stuff).

2 liter Coke will have a yellow cap with Hebrew writing on it. Cans will have KP on the bottom with the production code.

You'll have more success if you look in areas with a higher Jewish population, since that is who this product it targeted towards. I know we sold a bunch of it when I worked in northern NJ.

NoVA Alex
02-25-2007, 03:10 PM
^ some board members who are more in the know can prolly tell us exactly which bottling plants are packaging it and in what sizes.

DGibb
02-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I am in Belleville, MI (just between Detroit and Ann Arbor). Is there anyone relatively in the area who could suggest a place for me to look for the Passover pop? Either Pepsi or Coke would be good. I really want to try this, it has quite a buzz around it!

Mr Zabe
02-26-2007, 04:51 PM
I would look on line or in the yellow pages for conservative and or orthodox Jewish temple/shuels. Call a few and ask them where you might find some KP soda pop. You could also do a Google search for Jewish grocery stores in your area. Finally you could contact the chain grocery stores and pick their brains.

Good Luck

glassbottlesrule
02-26-2007, 05:49 PM
I am in Belleville, MI (just between Detroit and Ann Arbor). Is there anyone relatively in the area who could suggest a place for me to look for the Passover pop? Either Pepsi or Coke would be good. I really want to try this, it has quite a buzz around it!

Head towards West Bloomfield and you can usually find it at most groceries. I used to get it at the Farmer Jacks on Orchard Lake and Maple but they closed that store.

fusion
02-26-2007, 07:45 PM
^ some board members who are more in the know can prolly tell us exactly which bottling plants are packaging it and in what sizes.

The plant right by you produces 2 liters for distribution in a wide area.

orangehole
02-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Any idea on when the Passover sodas will be on the shelves? It looks like Passover is early April. How far in advance does Coke/Pepsi start production? In the past all I have been able to find is 2liter but would love to find some 12 oz cans

NoVA Alex
02-28-2007, 10:02 PM
The plant right by you produces 2 liters for distribution in a wide area.

yep, the plant in ALX ... and I'm a very lucky guy! :)

fusion
03-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Start looking for it, guys.. It's in our warehouse now.

Mr Zabe
03-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Do you just have 2lts or do you also have 6pk cans?

fusion
03-01-2007, 07:50 PM
We've only ever had 2 liters in this area.

I remember the 6 pack cans, as well as Seagram's Ale/Seltzer 2L when I worked in northern NJ.

We have Kosher Coke and Diet Coke 2L.

rackitup
03-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I made an in inquiry to the local CCE bottler (Portland OR.) and they were nice enough to return my call concerning Passover Coke.

2 Ltr's bottled to be produced in LA on/about 03/10/07,
to be sipped to OR. on/about 03/15/07.

I called PBG (Portland OR.) they have never had Passover Coke (joke),,,, ERR Pepsi.

Jason Perlow
03-13-2007, 09:26 AM
I just spoke to the representative at the Chicago Rabbinical Council, and apparently the Chicago Kosher Coke run was started yesterday.

Be advised the caps say "cRc P-06" with last years markings -- Coca Cola didnt re-do the stamp for 2007, but its legit.

I havent seen Kosher Coke in Jersey yet.

Mr Zabe
03-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the heads up.
I would have seen those 06 caps and freaked out.

Zap
03-13-2007, 11:52 AM
I would have freaked out too, but then checked the date codes. The band around the top of the bottle, or on the bottom of the cans should have a expiration date somewhere into Dec 2007.

Good to know the status, so I expect that they should be in stores within the next week or two. Thanks for checking!

Jason Perlow
03-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Got my two cases of 2Liters KFP Coke at Shop Rite in Englewood NJ today... $1.60 a bottle. Kosher Aisle manager told me they literally just got them in today.

No cans of KFP Coke, but found KFP Dr. Browns. YES!

BetterWithCoke
03-15-2007, 12:54 AM
I got my supply this week. 2L only, so far.

It's nice to travel outside the U.S. to sucrose markets (such as China). Gotta love knowing every can you consume is the way Pemberton intended (okay.. not completely). The peel-tab cans are great, also!

rackitup
03-15-2007, 02:46 AM
I found Passover Coke @ Albertsons in OR. today for 10 FOR $10.00.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/145/421877475_af098df23e_m.jpg

Lepke
03-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Ok, just got back from my local Shoprite supermarket, in a very orthodox town.
I was hoping to find my KP Pepsi, but alas they didn’t have any. They did however have KP Coke for $1.69. So I only got one. I’m sure they will have the Pepsi next week.
The Coke lists sucrose on the label. It does not say “and/or”, just sucrose.

Zap
03-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Last year's supply of KP Coke also only listed Sucrose on the ingredient label. I know that the Chicago cans did, as I still have stock of them (just a few left). I believe the bottles did too, but the Pepsi did not. The label laws have changed, so this year the Pepsi may have to label as only sucrose as well. At this point last year or before all the normal Coke materials only listed HFCS.

Mr Zabe
03-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Zap,
Did you find any KP Pepsi in Chicago or near Kenosha?
I have yet to find any KP Pepsi. If doable I would drive an hour
or so to get some. TKS

NoVA Alex
03-18-2007, 07:28 PM
picked up a bottle at my nearby Shoppers. Looks like they had maybe 12-15 cases of 2L.

Giant has Coke 2Ls on sale this week so I'll do my buying there. :)

Zap
03-19-2007, 01:10 PM
I actually haven't made the trip down to Chicago yet, but I haven't seen anything around Milwaukee either (though its been a while since I've been to the store, so maybe things are changing). I may be going down to Chicago this weekend, depending on a few things.

I suspect that the Jewel-Osco will have it again this year. Have you found KP Coke yet? If they have the Coke, the Pepsi can't be too far behind! I would like to make the trip this week, so I hope there will be stock. If the KP Coke run was started around the 13th, it should be making it to stores soon if it hasn't already.

Mr Zabe
03-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Zap,
As of last Saturday I did not see any KP Coke at my local Jewel Osco.
Granted this store had a very poor KP food section. I'm guessing that this week the "high Jewish population stores" will have KP Coke. As for KP Pepsi,I do not think the Chicago North Shore Jewels will have it. :(

SuzyB
03-19-2007, 02:20 PM
I actually haven't made the trip down to Chicago yet, but I haven't seen anything around Milwaukee either (though its been a while since I've been to the store, so maybe things are changing). I may be going down to Chicago this weekend, depending on a few things.

I suspect that the Jewel-Osco will have it again this year. Have you found KP Coke yet?

Have you _ever_ found Kosher Coke in Milwaukee in the past? Or should we also just make plans to go to Chicago?

I've done the Google searches for kosher coke / jewish grocery stores in milwaukee, which brought us nothing. We did drive by this place: Kosher Meat Klub Supermarket - 4731 W Burleigh (so says Yahoo) - but it was closed at the time, being a Saturday, and there is no way to tell if they also have soda.

I never thought of Jewel as an option! We have a Jewel nearby - though it might be one of the ones that's been sold - but I won't get too hopeful. I don't actually know what our population consists of right here, but it's probably mostly German/Polish.

So where in Chicago do you generally go to find it?

Mr Zabe
03-19-2007, 03:03 PM
SuzyB
I would call that store that you drove by last Saturday.
I have a gut feeling (LOL) that this store will have KP Coke and or
know where to steer year to a few stores.

If you take a road trip to Chicago, visit the following area's
Jewel and Dominicks:

Deer Field
Buffalo Grove
Northbrook
Highland Park

Good Luck

Zap
03-19-2007, 05:17 PM
SuzyB,

I actually moved to Milwaukee this past fall, so I haven't looked in the city before. When I lived in Cincinnati, OH and Columbus, OH I always was able to find some. Don't forget about KP Dr. Brown's Cream and Black Cherry - so good!

The major draw to Chicago is that CRC produces the KP Coke in CANS which last most of the year vs the bottles that like to go flat quickly and have 3 mo shelf life. Being so close here in Milwaukee, I would not be surprised if they "import" KP soda from Chicago, and possibly even cans. A Kosher grocery in Cincinnati actually got some products all the way from NYC (including soda in cans)! I paid about $4-5 per 6 pack of cans for Coke and 7up there.

Last year during my trips through Chicago (family and friends here in MKE so we go back and forth through Chicago often) I got the 6 packs for $2.25 each, a steal for what they are. At any rate, I'd check that Kosher market (I may as well!) Do report back what you find out. I actually am finishing the last few cans from last year's stash... oh what the heck, here it is for old time's sake, LOL. Some of the 2005 7up was still around. And yes, EVERYTHING pictured is cane sugar (most of it KP soda)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/CarillonAmericana/Soda%20Stuff/AllCaneAlltheTime.jpg

Mr Zabe
03-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Now that's a pretty KP pin up picture. :)

drpep
03-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Mondays NY Post has an article on page 3 about Passover Coke.
Today's New York News, Page Six, and the Best Sports in Town - New York Post Online Edition Home (http://www.nypost.com) may have the article.

drpep
03-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Wow, I type in www.ny****.com (****=post) and that link line shows up.

fusion
03-19-2007, 07:38 PM
KOSHER COKE A BIG HIT By RITA DELFINER - Regionalnews - New York Post Online Edition (http://www.nypost.com/seven/03192007/news/regionalnews/kosher__coke_a_big_hit_regionalnews_rita_delfiner. htm)

Bigjon9981
03-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the picture. Just curious what stores did you find the passover coke in cincinnati and columbus. I discovered Jungle Jims for the Mexican coke but have yet to come across any of the passover cans and 2liters. Thanks.

SuzyB,

I actually moved to Milwaukee this past fall, so I haven't looked in the city before. When I lived in Cincinnati, OH and Columbus, OH I always was able to find some. Don't forget about KP Dr. Brown's Cream and Black Cherry - so good!

The major draw to Chicago is that CRC produces the KP Coke in CANS which last most of the year vs the bottles that like to go flat quickly and have 3 mo shelf life. Being so close here in Milwaukee, I would not be surprised if they "import" KP soda from Chicago, and possibly even cans. A Kosher grocery in Cincinnati actually got some products all the way from NYC (including soda in cans)! I paid about $4-5 per 6 pack of cans for Coke and 7up there.

Last year during my trips through Chicago (family and friends here in MKE so we go back and forth through Chicago often) I got the 6 packs for $2.25 each, a steal for what they are. At any rate, I'd check that Kosher market (I may as well!) Do report back what you find out. I actually am finishing the last few cans from last year's stash... oh what the heck, here it is for old time's sake, LOL. Some of the 2005 7up was still around. And yes, EVERYTHING pictured is cane sugar (most of it KP soda)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/CarillonAmericana/Soda%20Stuff/AllCaneAlltheTime.jpg

SuzyB
03-19-2007, 08:35 PM
I would call that store that you drove by last Saturday.

You're right, it couldn't hurt; and maybe we can even manage to get down there during the week. Oh, for a Teleport No-Error!

Thanks for the store locations!

As for you, Sir Zap, that picture is the most stunning thing I've seen to date. I want.

Zap
03-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Bigjon9981,

If you go to Bilker's in Cincinnati, they will have the KP Coke, possibly in cans and 7up in cans in addition to Coke 2L. That was Passover 2004 & 2005 I got stuff there.

In Columbus, the Kroger in Bexley has the largest selection of passover food. They had tons of 2L and Dr. Browns 6 packs. Apparently Dr. Brown's only makes Black Cherry and Cream Soda KP. The Dr. Brown's will have a K-P below the Hebrew letter with the K in the middle. Without it, you're looking at standard HFCS.

Also in Columbus, the Giant Eagle stores have a good selection. The ones in Dublin (Perimeter Loop Road) and Upper Arlington (Tremont? or Kingsdale) carry the 2L of KP Coke. More may have it as well. You may be able to find it at a Kroger in Dayton that is in a Jewish area, if there is one (not sure where that would be).

Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati at least used to carry all sorts of cane sugar soda. All of the West Jefferson glass bottles use sucrose (Dr Pepper, Mt. Dew, A&W, RC Cola, etc). They had Dutch Coke, Dutch 7up, Limca, Thums Up, Mexican Coke, Pepsi, 7up, Sprite, and Jarritos (always sugar).

That picture was taken circa Passover 2006. There were a total of 16 bottles of KP coke at one point. That picture includes 9 six packs of KP coke, 4 bottles of KP Pepsi, 2 six packs of Dr Browns Black Cherry, and some leftover JJ's bottles (including Afri-Cola!) and 2005 7up.

There may be a few Afri Cola and about two cans of KP Coke and two Dr. Brown's KP BC left. The rest is all history. I plan on restocking for the following year :)

sucrose
03-22-2007, 02:26 PM
I bought 20 2-liters yesterday, which left several pallets still on sale of Kosher for Passover Coke at Giant Eagle in Squirrel Hill, PA (pittsburgh area). Ingredients say only Sucrose. They had signs on the pallets saying their Kosher for Passover Coke & Diet have white caps instead of yellow this year. A store across the street, Murray Ave Kosher, sells many other varieties of Kosher for Passover items (at inflated prices), including cans from other bottling regions. It was nice to buy some Canada Dry cans last year (but at $3.99 or $4.49 a 6pk--ouch), those tasted excellent with real sugar! Last weekend I bought some 2-Liters Kosher for Passover w/Yellow Caps in San Diego at Ralph's downtown.

This weekend I plan on making my yearly trek to Heinens in the Cleveland Ohio area, because they get in 6pks of Kosher for Passover coke. As others have mentioned, the 2L have a 90day shelf life, and the cans have a 9month shelf life. Last year I bought enough cans to keep them in my vending machine at work (with their own slot & higher price of course) all year. My coworkers are now hooked.

So from my own experience, Pittsburgh Coca Cola distributes 2L to select stores, and Cleveland Coca Cola distributes cans to select stores.

On a side note, Coca Cola is apparently discrimiating against the Jewish by not providing Coke Rewards on the Kosher for Passover 2 liter bottles or the 6pks of cans :(

xjosh
03-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the picture. Just curious what stores did you find the passover coke in cincinnati and columbus. I discovered Jungle Jims for the Mexican coke but have yet to come across any of the passover cans and 2liters. Thanks.

I'm looking in Cincinnati, too.

Last year I bought 15 cases, 4 2-litres, 2 sixers of 7-up, and 2 sixers of Dr. Brown's cream soda, all KFP, from Bilker's on Kenwood road. Unfortunately, Bilkers closed their doors a few months ago. I called Irv's, another Kosher market in the same area, but they aren't carrying it. I've got a call into the local bottler to see what they can tell me, but I'm not expecting much. If it comes down to it, I'm road-tripping to Chicago with the van.

As for Mexican, you can also get it at Party Source in Bellevue KY. They also have Dr. Pepper in bottles, made with sugar there. It's a night-and-day comparison with the HFCS crap.

Josh

fusion
03-22-2007, 03:58 PM
On a side note, Coca Cola is apparently discrimiating against the Jewish by not providing Coke Rewards on the Kosher for Passover 2 liter bottles or the 6pks of cans :(

No mycokerewards on 6 packs anywhere. And the codes are only under red caps, which they aren't using for KFP Coke. Then they would look just like all the regular ones.

Mr Zabe
03-22-2007, 04:36 PM

Last year I bought 15 cases, 4 2-litres, 2 sixers of 7-up, and 2 sixers of Dr. Brown's cream soda, all KFP, from Bilker's on Kenwood road. Unfortunately, Bilkers closed their doors a few months ago. I called Irv's, another Kosher market in the same area, but they aren't carrying it. I've got a call into the local bottler to see what they can tell me, but I'm not expecting much. If it comes down to it, I'm road-tripping to Chicago with the van.

As for Mexican, you can also get it at Party Source in Bellevue KY. They also have Dr. Pepper in bottles, made with sugar there. It's a night-and-day comparison with the HFCS crap.

Josh

Here is a very useful guide for Kosher Stores that are not of the regular grocery kind. Good Luck

Kosher Chicago (http://www.jewishchicago.com/directories/kosher.html)

Bash125
03-22-2007, 07:34 PM
I checked Jungle Jims they had none as of Thursday at 6 pm. (they had it in 2006)
Bigg's in Mason had it in 2005 not sure about 2006 but they did not have it as of 9 am this morning.

If you want to drive to Columbus
Bexley Kosher Market & Deli says they will have it by Friday Mar 23

(614) 231-3653

3012 E Broad St
Columbus, OH 43209

Zap
03-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Score One for Milwaukee! Kosher Meat Klub Supermarket has stock of KP Dr. Brown's and Coke. The cans were $4 per 6 pack, the bottles $1.60 each. Dr. Brown's 1L $.79 each. We got a few Cream and one Black Cherry (last one we saw!), and a few 2L. I'm probably going to wait until I go to Chicago to snag the cans since I got them last year for $2.25 each 6 pack. (Considering I had very many six packs last year, that is a considerable savings!)

No KP Pepsi or Dr. Brown's cans there, so that is a bit more reason to hit Chicago. Anyone found cans or KP Pepsi in Chicago yet?

Mr Zabe
03-23-2007, 04:29 AM
Zap,
$4 for a 6pk of KP Coke, WOW !!!!!!
I have not gone out looking for KP soda pop as of yet.
I'm just about sure you could save a lot of money by
my parts.

Bash125
03-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Are the caps yellow as in previous years?

Zap
03-23-2007, 10:29 AM
This is what we have in Milwaukee / Chicago.. Someone in PA also indicated that they have white caps out there as well, so this may be nationwide save for the CRC certification? Of course the Coke lists ONLY Sucrose on the Ingredients label, too.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/CarillonAmericana/Soda%20Stuff/KP_07.jpg

bigrich
03-23-2007, 12:38 PM
It has arrived in Indianapolis. 2L bottles with the yellow cap from facility (KE) Elmsford, NY. I just purchased 60 bottles of the stuff. The display had them in cardboard boxes with handles. The supermarket had them 10/$10. Anyone in the Chicagoland area please post where CRC cans are when they are spotted as I want to make a trip just for cans to outlast the 2L's. The last couple of years the Kosher stuff has been coming from (AX) Alexandra, VA. Before that we used to get cans from Herbco from (MD) Chicago, IL with CRC on them. I would rather have cans.

sucrose
03-23-2007, 03:04 PM
zap, thanks for posting the pic of the white bottle cap. I checked and mine are the same cap with the CRC P-06 logo. The CRC site (linked in this thread I think) said that they were accidentally made with the 06 cap stamping instead of 07.

So Pittsburgh got their 2L stock from MD-Chicago Main Depot. Since I didn't look, I am now curious where the the bottle with the Yellow cap I bought in San Diego last weekend was produced.

Bigjon9981
03-24-2007, 08:29 AM

Josh

Hey thanks for the updates on those stores glad I didnt make the trek over there. I actually live right in between Cincy and Columbus in Dayton. I have called places around here and they said they were going to get them in but couldnt give me a date. I will keep you posted if I find any so you wont have to drive 4 hours to chicago just 45 mins to dayton. I completly agree with you on how much better sugar cane is and healthier too. Even though it is hard to be healthy and enjoy coke so much now that I have found jungle jims my goal is too never drink HFCS coke again. Ill see how long that lasts.

xjosh
03-24-2007, 01:41 PM
More info..

I got a call back from a gentleman who works for the Cincinnati Coca-Cola bottler. He did some research and let me know that they did produce 2L bottles for the Cincinnati market with green caps. He said that his inside information source indicates that they were/are sold through Meijer and Biggs stores in the Cincinnati area, but couldn't give specifics. He told me that there was no more to be produce this year though, so if a store is out, don't expect more.

Josh

Wally1912
03-24-2007, 08:26 PM
For anyone in the Boston area, there is a great deal on Coca-Cola at Shaw's this weekend. It's only 88 cents (plus deposit) for 2 liter bottles, so I went to the store on Commonwealth Ave in Boston and stocked up on Passover Coke.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/188/432987644_37ae7a3aa6_o.jpg

I finally opened and drank my last bottle of 2006 KP Coke this week. The best before date was June 12, 2006, but it was still pretty fizzy 9 months later.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/432988906_6076da2472.jpg

sucrose
03-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Folks I have big news to report, and I'm reporting this with a sugar high.
Apparently Cleveland Ohio Coca Cola Bottling switched over all their production to Sucrose/Cane Sugar a few months ago. These are not labeled Kosher for Passover--they are all made by plant "CD".

I drove to Cleveland today to pick up Kosher cans from Heinens in Pepper Pike. On the way there I stopped at Costco and I was just checking a case of their cans to see where they were produced. Low and behold I glanced at the ingredients and it contains sucrose, NOT HFCS. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I then went to another store, Giant Eagle in Mayfield Heights, and none of their 12oz cans or 2L bottles of Coke/Cherry Coke contain HFCS. (they also had 12oz 6pks Coke/Diet in the Kosher for Passover Section)

I went to Heinens and after loading some Kosher 12oz coke (And 2L Kosher Pepsi for a friend), I bought a couple six packs of 10oz Coke GLASS bottles with Sucrose. Yippee.

Sensing a trend, I checked a walmart in Mayfield Heights on the way home.
They had fridge packs, 2L, and 16.9oz bottles all with Sucrose only. I bought a can out of their machine, and--Sucrose!

I only saw this on Coke and Cherry Coke. The clear products (Canada Dry/Sprite) still list HFCS, despite being made in the same facility (CD).

01GTB
03-24-2007, 11:52 PM
Anyone catch SNL tonight? Weekend Update had a reference to KFP Coca-Cola.

Zap
03-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Update: Trip to Chicago was a SUCCESS :D

This year's stash:
12 - 6 Pack Coke KP Cans
9 - Coke 2L KP Bottles
5 - Pepsi 2L KP Bottles
4 - Dr Brown's 1L KP (3 Cream, 1 BC)

Picture forthcoming shortly ;)

Locations with stock:
Coke 6 packs (limited, on KP endcap across from main KP area)
also 2L Coke, 2L Pepsi NOTE: Pepsi now ONLY says Sugar in addition to Coke's only Sucrose
Jewel-Osco
2775 PFINGSTEN ROAD
Glenview, IL, 60025

Coke 6 packs, Dr Brown's 1L & 6 packs
Jewel-Osco (24 Hours)
2502 NORTH WAUKEGAN ROAD
Glenview, IL, 60025

sucrose: HOLY $#%@#^!!!! That is UNREAL! :) You know where CD distributes to across Ohio? I have family and friends in Columbus and Toledo, wondering if they might be able to get the real thing.

Mr Zabe
03-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Nice haul.
You hit the stores on my list.
I live within 10 to 15 minutes of those stores.

Zap
03-25-2007, 11:03 PM
The Pepsi bottle, in all its glory:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/CarillonAmericana/Soda%20Stuff/DSC_0015.jpg

And the 2007 KP Stash!
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/CarillonAmericana/Soda%20Stuff/DSC_0017.jpg

Jason Perlow
03-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Anyone catch SNL this last weekend?

SNL Jumps on KFP Coke Cluetrain « Off The Broiler (http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/2007/03/26/snl-jumps-on-kfp-coke-cluetrain/)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/435248677_aa0c9f88a4.jpg

Zap
03-26-2007, 01:40 PM
OK, so does anyone have a clip of this madness? If this has hit SNL, it has to be huge!

Bigjon9981
03-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Lucked out today and found Passover Coke at Dorothy Lane Market, here is the address: 2710 Far Hills Ave. Dayton, Ohio 45419. But I bought 8 2 liters and there were only a few left. There are other DLM locations that may have more. Right now they are 4 for 5 with a DLM member card (free). Anyone find passover coke cans in the dayton area??

01GTB
03-26-2007, 07:46 PM
OK, so does anyone have a clip of this madness? If this has hit SNL, it has to be huge!

You'll be lucky to find a clip of it. Most SNL clips get removed from Google/Youtube pretty quickly. This show will probably be on again within a month. Look in the tv listings in a few weeks for SNL with Peyton Manning as the host

After Amy does the 15 second or so story on KFP, she holds up a can of Dr Pepper and says something like "but I found myself a doctor, " with a poorly done NY, Jewish accent. Not that exact phrase, but something like that. I don't think she mentions what is different about the formula, just about it being Kosher for Passover.

avari Deli & Bistro
03-27-2007, 11:50 AM
AVARI DELI AND BISTRO LOCATED IN BLUE ASH OHIO HAS kOSHER FOR PASSOVER COKE AND DIET COKE. YOU MAY WANT TO CALL BEFORE THEY RUN OUT. 984- 9804. THEY ALSO HAVE PREPARED FOODS AND DELI MEAT AVAILABLE FOR PASSOVER 2007.

Terry K
03-27-2007, 03:09 PM
You'll be lucky to find a clip of it. Most SNL clips get removed from Google/Youtube pretty quickly. This show will probably be on again within a month. Look in the tv listings in a few weeks for SNL with Peyton Manning as the host

After Amy does the 15 second or so story on KFP, she holds up a can of Dr Pepper and says something like "but I found myself a doctor, " with a poorly done NY, Jewish accent. Not that exact phrase, but something like that. I don't think she mentions what is different about the formula, just about it being Kosher for Passover.

Which is funny in and of itself since Coke in Missouri has real sugar DP now :-D

jodoco
03-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Hey! Can you save a few cans for us down-staters? I can't get to Chicago before the weekend. From the pics that are getting posted, it looks like all the sugar will be gone. :( I'll be searching for the Mexican market just to get my fix.

Bash125
03-28-2007, 02:16 PM
The Dorthy Lane Market in Centerville still had about 20 bottles left as of 1:00 (on an isle end cap with other passover items not in the soda isle). The Dorthy Lane in Springboro had none. I would assume for an earlier post the one in Oakwood has none. The Avari Deli in Blue Ash is pretty much close for passover except for a few select pickup times.

Anyone Know if Jungle Jims ever had/got any?

Zap
03-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Just a friendly FYI for those in Milwaukee - Sendik's (at least the one in Wauwatosa) has/had 2L ($1.49) and cans ($2.99). I am gathering other locations will have them as well. Only remaining cans (that were out anyway) were the diet. We decided to snag a few more bottles.

In the past few years that I have known and hunted for this stuff, each year it becomes easier and easier to find (and not just because I know the sources). I see more of it at regular stores every year, and people must know something as the regular always outsells the diet. Some stores are learning that the demand is much greater for the sugar stuff, as in the most recent past they have a much greater stock of it.

Couple this with CS testing Dr Pepper with Cane Sugar and the recent Jones switch, and the future is looking quite bright for those of us that love real soda. I must say that I will miss the craziness of the KP hunt every year once the sugar becomes more mainstream again, but it will make a good story someday. :)

01GTB
03-31-2007, 01:33 AM
I had my doubts about being able to find any this year. But I walked into a Walgreens yesterday afternoon and two yellow caps in a sea of Diet Cokes jumped out at me. That was kind of encouraging. That must mean the local bottler probably has some regular KFP Coke floating around. I left there and went to a local Publix. The one I found 10 two-liters at last year mixed in with regular stock. I've been looking pretty regularly but had not found any so far. I got the items I went in for and as I walked along the back of the store I caught a bright yellow spot out of the corner of my eye. Only three, but if that's all I find this year, I'm happy :)

Lepke
03-31-2007, 12:40 PM
I had my doubts about being able to find any this year. But I walked into a Walgreens yesterday afternoon and two yellow caps in a sea of Diet Cokes jumped out at me. That was kind of encouraging. That must mean the local bottler probably has some regular KFP Coke floating around. I left there and went to a local Publix. The one I found 10 two-liters at last year mixed in with regular stock. I've been looking pretty regularly but had not found any so far. I got the items I went in for and as I walked along the back of the store I caught a bright yellow spot out of the corner of my eye. Only three, but if that's all I find this year, I'm happy :)
Why not let your fingers do the walking?
Call all the supermarkets and ask, “Do you have kosher for Passover coke?” call the coke distributor and ask what stores are getting it.
A supermarket will order it for you, they order special foods all the time.

sucrose
03-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Why not let your fingers do the walking?
Call all the supermarkets and ask, “Do you have kosher for Passover coke?” call the coke distributor and ask what stores are getting it.
A supermarket will order it for you, they order special foods all the time.

I agree on your first point, the coke distributor knows who is getting Kosher product or has already gotten a delivery. 2 years ago I called and I could hear the lady at the distributor talking to a few of their coke reps who maintain the grocery displays on the radio, and the drivers told her how many cases each of the stores had as of that minute.

I don't think you'll have much success with special orders. Unlike regular grocery items, most stores get deliveries from coke & pepsi. There are distribution agreements in place. Also, most importantly here, the kosher product is only available for a few weeks out of the year. I worked with my local coca cola distributor 6 months before Passover and still couldn't get any Kosher product. They told me to keep waiting for the SKUs to appear in their sales system, and when they did appear they were not orderable because the product was already all made for the year and distributed.

There are a few recent ebay auctions posted, without a huge price gouge, although shipping cost is a factor. That's how I bought my first few 2 liters (actually a member of another forum shipped it and I reimbursed him).

Lepke
03-31-2007, 03:55 PM
It’s a little late now but supermarkets special order kosher foods all the time.
I used to live in a very rural area with few Jews (never mind observant Jews) and special ordering kosher meat and other products was the norm.
If you hurry and get to your local market they may be able to get it in before Passover is over. This should have been done two weeks ago to ensure you have your product by Passover.
The supermarket and Coke will be happy to accommodate you. They do not want to be accused of being anti-Semitic.

The supermarkets in my area have no shortage of KP Coke. It would seem that of the 4 markets I patronize their entire stock of 2 liter Coke is KP. The Pepsi on the other hand seems a little harder to find.

Mr Zabe
03-31-2007, 04:09 PM
My arm chair guess is that KP soda pop has completed production for the 2007 Passover season. Like has been said by a few board mates, get what you can now as the supply of KP soda pop will not be replenished.

01GTB
03-31-2007, 11:26 PM
5 more :) These were mixed in with regular stock at a local Winn-Dixie.

SuzyB
04-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Yay! We found out that the Pick'n'Save in Shorewood had cans of Kosher coke - and the Pick'n'Save in Bayview - which we just now got back from - has the 2L bottles!

Now I don't know how many are left at either store, but we're definitely going back next year. We managed to get quite a few 6-packs of the cans and 3 of the 2L bottles. The 2Ls were out on their own in the middle of the aisle and had white caps and the "CRC" on them as well as "original formula", but with no HFCS in sight on the label, we figured they were the right ones. And I can see from this thread that they were.

Pick'n'Save Shorewood: 4145 N. Oakland Ave
Also has a big kosher section, either all the time or in honor of the holiday, not sure which.

Pick'n'Save Bayview: 250 W. Holt Avenue

realthing
04-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Can anyone tell me if Atlanta is one of the usual market areas for the Kosher Coca Cola? If it's not, anyone willing to acquire and ship to me a few cans or six pack?

Lepke
04-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Can anyone tell me if Atlanta is one of the usual market areas for the Kosher Coca Cola? If it's not, anyone willing to acquire and ship to me a few cans or six pack?
Are there Jews in Atlanta? ….. YES
Are there orthodox Jews in Atlanta?……..YES
Is there a Jewish community in Atlanta? ….YES
Is there kosher for Passover Coke in Atlanta?

Mr Zabe
04-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Ditto

A word of friendly advice to board newbies, read the threads on the topics of interest. We have been posting about locating KP soda pop for a good two months.

Zap
04-02-2007, 10:25 AM
I just scored a whole bunch more... the local store down the street has tons of stock from Chicago. The 2L are $1.00 now! And 6 packs of cans are not bad at $3.00, though I paid less in Chicago.

Mr Zabe & Lepke - Get your hands on the KP Pepsi yet? :)

Lepke
04-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I just scored a whole bunch more... the local store down the street has tons of stock from Chicago. The 2L are $1.00 now! And 6 packs of cans are not bad at $3.00, though I paid less in Chicago.

Mr Zabe & Lepke - Get your hands on the KP Pepsi yet? :)
Yes, I’ve found a reasonable supply of KP Pepsi. Too bad I’m not a coke drinker because there is no shortage of KP Coke. You would be hard pressed to find regular 2 liter Coke in my area this year. It’s all KP as far as the eye can see. I have not seen any KP cans.

Mr Zabe
04-02-2007, 08:05 PM
On the eve of Passover.......

May we meet next year in Jerusalem,
for our bounty of KP soda pop.

Happy Passover :)

realthing
04-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Ditto

A word of friendly advice to board newbies, read the threads on the topics of interest. We have been posting about locating KP soda pop for a good two months.

Well.......I DID read the threads. This newbie DID do a search before starting a NEW thread. AND after reading the threads, saw that no one posting was in the Atlanta area. Yet there are ALL OF THESE multiple posts about Chicago, NY, PA, etc., and that's fine. Yes I know that there are Jews in Atlanta, etc.etc, but I live about an hour north of Atlanta, so I am not going to be calling a ton of places. IN TIME, I could fine a place or two, but my reasoning was maybe an Atlanta member might just have seen the post, and could have saved me A LOT of time. Just because the post has been going on for a couple of months doesn't mean a new question can't be asked, does it??? Like I said, there already is a lot of repetition that hasn't been challenged. And just a few posts doesn't necessarily make me a newbie, I just read a lot more.

Mr Zabe
04-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Sorry for any stress you are going through. I do understand your frustration. It takes a short while to get the "vibe" of this board. LOL

Ok...in short call ahead to any business that caters to the Jewish Community.
Get in your car and drive to a thriving Jewish community and start asking around for leads. You best bet is to find Ma Pa Jewish grocery stores for KP soda pop.

Good Luck

Lepke
04-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Well.......I DID read the threads. This newbie DID do a search before starting a NEW thread. AND after reading the threads, saw that no one posting was in the Atlanta area. Yet there are ALL OF THESE multiple posts about Chicago, NY, PA, etc., and that's fine. Yes I know that there are Jews in Atlanta, etc.etc, but I live about an hour north of Atlanta, so I am not going to be calling a ton of places. IN TIME, I could fine a place or two, but my reasoning was maybe an Atlanta member might just have seen the post, and could have saved me A LOT of time. Just because the post has been going on for a couple of months doesn't mean a new question can't be asked, does it??? Like I said, there already is a lot of repetition that hasn't been challenged. And just a few posts doesn't necessarily make me a newbie, I just read a lot more.
A quick Google search yielded this. Kosher Eating In Atlanta (http://www.starkman.com/natan/kosher_eating_in_atlanta.html#butchergrocery)

Four Kroger and one Publix. Call the stores before traveling there to be sure they have it.

realthing
04-02-2007, 09:37 PM
I'll say this one last thing, and it's dropped on my part. I'm not stressed, and only frustrated at too much being read into my post on some parts and not enough on others.

I appreciate the info, but I can do computer searches. And I figured out, by reading the threads, what areas to contact. But that still results in phone calls that I, again, didn't want to do right off the bat. My only hopes in the post, again, was in hopes of hearing from an Atlanta area member who might have already found sources. That's it, that's all. Thanks!

Lepke
04-02-2007, 09:42 PM
The above is what you asked.

grayfox
04-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Anyone know the availability in California? I've yet to try it but I would love to actually experience a soft drink actually sweetened with sugar instead of HFCS. I did a super market crawl in my town (Chico) and was unable to find any yellow bottle caps. :(

sucrose
04-04-2007, 01:13 AM
come on folks, this is spelled out for you in the forum.

call the 800# for coca cola, printed on almost every package. ask them where you can get kosher for passover in your area. they will give you your local bottler/distributor's contact #. call that phone # and bingo they will give you a list of stores where they shipped it to and tell you if it was in 2L or cans. it'll be up to you to drive to that store to purchase the product or to call the store to make sure they still have it.

if you rely only on the sightings in this forum, you might find yourself missing a much closer source that coca cola would have been able to tell you about

01GTB
04-04-2007, 05:18 AM
With all the media attention it got this year, who thinks there are going to be shortages of KFP Coke in the next few years? If there is not a widespread rollout of Coke with sugar, I think they are going to have ramp up production of KFP every year from now on.

fusion
04-04-2007, 12:23 PM
call that phone # and bingo they will give you a list of stores where they shipped it to and tell you if it was in 2L or cans. it'll be up to you to drive to that store to purchase the product or to call the store to make sure they still have it.

The people who answer the phones are not always the ones who can access exactly what items are on specific deliveries. They may know what stores got deliveries that day, but not what is on them.

Hands down, the best way to find anything is to just go look for it, when it comes to beverages.

Also, post-Passover, warehouses ship out KFP Coke under the regular Coke item number, so it ends up in other stores - that's how I got some last year, and I gave another board member info on how to get it as well.

grayfox
04-04-2007, 03:59 PM
With all the media attention it got this year, who thinks there are going to be shortages of KFP Coke in the next few years? If there is not a widespread rollout of Coke with sugar, I think they are going to have ramp up production of KFP every year from now on.
Its really too bad that internet petitions are basically junk because it would be nice to basically let Coke and other soft drink manufacturers know that there is a (large?) group of people out there who want real sugar as opposed to HFCS, I know I would be willing to be a premium for it.

Mr Zabe
04-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Just my two cents.:)
Call the 800 phone numbers for Coke and Pepsi,
just like a Chicago election "Vote early and vote often".
Companies pay attention to the data collected from
these phone calls.

Mr Zabe
04-04-2007, 06:35 PM
My family still shops at this store.:)

Cola fans know Passover brings out 'real' Coke (http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/food/324776,FOO-News-doctor04.article)

apjung
04-05-2007, 02:21 AM
I got eight 2 liter KP Cokes to start. I didn't want to get too many because I paid $1.39 each at Dorignac's in Metairie, LA (New Orleans metro area) and maybe I could find them cheaper elsewhere.

I was so excited that I forgot to check if they had KP Pepsi.

Drefanie
04-06-2007, 12:47 AM
OMG....thank you thank you thank you Zap!! I just returned from dragging my boyfriend out at 11pm to snag 12 2L's of Kosher Pepsi from one of the Glenview stores!!! They are selling 8 for $10...while they last...

Zap
04-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Glad I could help!! Enjoy your stash of real Pepsi. Hope you got yours too, Mr Zabe!

Android
04-07-2007, 10:00 PM
With all the media attention it got this year, who thinks there are going to be shortages of KFP Coke in the next few years?

Yeah, speaking of the media attention - I was surprised even to hear a story about USA Passover Coke on the BBC World Service just a few minutes ago this evening.
-Andy

vwestlife
04-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Here in central and northern NJ, there is an ample supply of real-sugar Passover Coke in 2L bottles, mixed in with the regular corn-syrup Coke. Stores in areas with high Jewish populations are likely to ONLY have Passover Coke on the shelf in 2L bottles and six-packs of cans, but all the fridgepacks of cans I've seen are corn-syrup.

This year is my first taste of real-sugar Passover Coke, and I definitely prefer it! However, I am even more pleasantly surprised by the taste of real-sugar Passover Sprite! It is amazing how much more distinct the lemon-lime flavor is, without the sticky corn-syrup coating in your mouth. Unfortunately it is more difficult to find -- look for the yellow cap, just like the 2L bottles of Coke.

I also tried Passover Pepsi (2L bottles with white cap, instead of blue), and now it seems like I can actually taste a difference between Coke and Pepsi, once that disgusting corn-syrup is out of the way! Pepsi is definitely more sweet than Coke, which is interesting because in regular corn-syrup form I could never tell any significant difference in taste between the two.

Also, I am disappointed by the lack of Passover Dr. Pepper. They already have one plant in Dublin, Texas making real-sugar Dr. Pepper all year round ("Dublin Dr. Pepper"), but distribution is limited to the local area unless you buy it online.

Mana211
04-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Dublin may have been the only source of cans of cane sugar dr pepper but there was also bottles in West Jeffereson, NC. Now we have some sightings from bottlers elsewhere in the US (see other threads for details).

Back to Kosher coke. I got a 2 liter of it last night. The store I went to had only a few yellow capped 2 liters (maybe 8 or 9) and hundreds of red capped corn sugar 2 liters. So if you didn't know what they were...

Both have the phrase "original formula" on them the only difference besides the cap color is the ingredients list saying "sucrose" on one and "high fructose corn syrup" on the other.

I didn't notice as "bright" a flavor as I expected so I'm assuming this was beet sugar or mixed sugar not pure cane sugar. Though maybe I'm wrong, maybe it is just because I bought my bottle after the passover season ended and it has been sitting too long?

Either way it's only been in the fridge less than a day so I'm going to have another tasting tonight. :)

Lepke
04-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Passover ended last evening at sundown, so it’s hardly past Passover season.
Not being a coke drinker it’s harder for me to taste the difference in coke but boy oh boy can I taste it in Pepsi. Pepsi lists sugar instead of sucrose. I don’t know if that makes a difference.

I don’t know how I will be able to go back to the HFCS Pepsi.

vwestlife
04-12-2007, 08:43 PM
How about Kosher For Passover (KFP) store-brand cola?

I just discovered today that Shop-Rite has it! The one I visited was all sold out of KFP Coke and KFP Pepsi (if they ever had it in the first place), but all of the store-brand cola they had on the shelf was yellow-cap KFP. It even rings up as "SR COLA KFP 2LT", so it must have a distinct UPC from the regular Shop-Rite cola.

The label lists it as being made with "invert sugar".

Lepke
04-12-2007, 10:33 PM
I haven’t noticed Shop Rite private label sodas being kosher for Passover but being a New York metro area supermarket I wouldn’t be surprised.

My local Shop Rite in Lakewood has a large kosher section. They have a brand of kosher sodas called Be’er Myim that is very good. If you come across it make sure it’s the KP stuff because the regular stuff has HFCS.

I’m seeing a ton of KP Dr. Browns in 1-liter bottles, they didn’t move as well being 1 liter instead of 2.

What ever you find just make sure it’s got that “P” on it. Under the kof K or beside the OU but look for that “P”.

My recommendation to you is to get out there hunting. Hit every supermarket around you. Last year I found KP Pepsi mixed in with the regular Pepsi at a small supermarket in Farmingdale as late as June and just the other day I found loads of KP Pepsi at the Big Lots in Brick, on sale for a buck a bottle to boot. Two kosher stores in Lakewood had KP Coke till mid summer.

So you never know. Good hunting. Post what you find, I’ll do the same.

Inverted sugar syrup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_sugar_syrup)

vwestlife
04-13-2007, 02:34 AM
There's a lot of non-KFP stuff out there which lists "high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar" in the ingredients, which is annoying. But at least all of the KFP soda I've seen specifically lists only sugar or only sucrose.

Android
04-13-2007, 07:00 AM
There's a lot of non-KFP stuff out there which lists "high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar" in the ingredients, which is annoying. But at least all of the KFP soda I've seen specifically lists only sugar or only sucrose.

That brings up a question I've wondered about, I recently noticed that Pepsi lists their ingredients as "...High Fructose Corn Syrup, Caramel Color, Sugar..." So if it apparantly has both in there, how much of it is sugar then?

zajacste
04-13-2007, 11:29 AM
That brings up a question I've wondered about, I recently noticed that Pepsi lists their ingredients as "...High Fructose Corn Syrup, Caramel Color, Sugar..." So if it apparantly has both in there, how much of it is sugar then?

They always list ingredients in order of how much of each is included, highest to lowest, so considering that there is more caramel color than sugar, i'd say not very much.

It must still have an effect though, because I can drink regular pepsi, while I can't stand corn syrup coke. I also don't notice much of a difference going from regular pepsi to kosher/mexican pepsi. The difference between cokes on the other hand is significant.

SPLASTiK
04-15-2007, 02:38 PM
I scored two bottles at Target at Southcenter in Seattle this weekend. First time I've tried it and I have to say it's really good.

One thing I noticed off the bat though, the head when you pour it is HUGE! Not sure if this is normal, but I was impressed at how big it was compared to a normal HFCS 2L.

Mr Zabe
04-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Here is a proven way to reduce the "head" and increase the carbonation of your favorite soda pops. I posted this message a while back.

"OK...Brother Lepke shared with us a trick of rinsing ice to maintain the soda pop's full carbonation when poured into a cup/glass. As well this rinsing of the ice also removes any residual odors that can change the taste of the soda pop.

All you need to do is load up your glass with ice. Pour cold water and fill the glass the as soon as it is filled, rinse out the water. Place your fingers over the top of the glass and tip the glass to clear the water out of the glass.

The ice remaining now has been primed for your soda pleasure. How does this work, you may ask. The surface tension of the ice is what makes poured soda pop fizz up. By reducing the surface tension (rinsing the ice) the poured soda pop will for the most part not fizz up. You get a stronger carbonation and no soda pop is wasted.

As for the odor of the ice. That's hard to prove other than it sounds scientific. LOL

Just tilt you glass and pour your soda pop over the rinsed ice. The rest is oh so good.

Let use know how it worked for you and if you noticed a difference.

Zabe"

Lepke
04-15-2007, 06:46 PM
And start with cold soda. Warm or room temperature just will not do.

Travis
04-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi all

Here's the story:

I live in Israel and trying to buy KFP coke for my friend who lives in Philadelphia.

If anyone knows a way I can buy some KFP coke online and have it delivered to Philly, please email me to:

mongols20@yahoo.com

Lots of thanks

Lepke
04-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi all

Here's the story:

I live in Israel and trying to buy KFP coke for my friend who lives in Philadelphia.

If anyone knows a way I can buy some KFP coke online and have it delivered to Philly, please email me to:

mongols20@yahoo.com

Lots of thanks
Just send him some Coke from Israel, it’s made with sugar there.

vwestlife
04-22-2007, 01:09 AM
Passover Coke, Pepsi, and Sprite has all but disappeared by now here in NJ... but just recently I stumbled across a HUGE display of KP Dr. Brown's Cream Soda and Black Cherry Soda, in 1L bottles, in the Kosher aisle of my local Shop-Rite!

The bottle says "sugar and/or high fructose corn syrup" in the ingredients, but the cap has the "K-P" logo, whereas other Dr. Brown's sodas I've seen just say "K" on the cap -- so I'm guessing this is the real thing, made with sugar.

The King
04-22-2007, 03:02 PM
I found a huge stash of KFP Coke down here in Orange County at a Vons in the city of Orange. I was surprised to see it since they didn't actually have it before passover. In fact, they had more of the KFP Coke than they did the normal stuff. Yellow caps and sucrose listed on the ingredients, along with a much better taste. I was impressed, and might have to go back and pick up a few more bottles, even though I don't drink much in the way of full calorie sodas.

This stuff is worth the occasional indulgence.

Terry K
04-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi all

Here's the story:

mongols20@yahoo.com

Lots of thanks

Actually, send hiim to Bethlehem PA. They have year round supplies of Coke with Sugar. (Also Cherry & Decaf Coke are made with sugar too!)

Lepke
04-24-2007, 10:44 PM
I was in a busy Pathmark supermarket today and they had an entire shelf of KP 2 liter Coke. Every bottle was yellow cap KP. They were $1.69 a bottle so I didn’t buy any. I’m not a Coke drinker anyway.

The store is in Howell New Jersey.

Here it is 2 weeks after Passover and the stuff is still around.

fusion
04-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Actually, send him to Bethlehem PA. They have year round supplies of Coke with Sugar. (Also Cherry & Decaf Coke are made with sugar too!)

He doesn't even have to go that far - just to Chester County.

Their Coke w/ Lime is also sucrose sweetened.

01GTB
04-29-2007, 12:06 AM
I believe that SNL with KFP Coke is on right now.

vwestlife
04-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Actually, send hiim to Bethlehem PA. They have year round supplies of Coke with Sugar. (Also Cherry & Decaf Coke are made with sugar too!)
It's true! Today I made a pilgrimage from NJ to a Wal-Mart and a Giant supermarket on Nazareth Pike in Bethlehem, PA, and both had sucrose Coke in stock -- but only in certain sizes. The 20 oz. and 2L bottles and 12 oz. cans of Coke and Cherry Coke are sucrose, but the .5L and 24 oz. bottles, midget cans, and retro glass bottles are all HFCS. :( Also, there is no sucrose Dr. Pepper or sucrose Sprite to be found -- it is strictly a Coke thing.

But these are not leftover Passover items -- the caps on the Bethlehem sucrose Coke bottles are regular red, not yellow, and they do have the "My Coke Rewards" promotion just like ordinary HCFS Coke bottles.

The expiration date code on the 20 oz. bottle I grabbed today is "JUN2507BHC", if that means anything to the experts here as to which plant it was bottled in.

fusion
04-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Abarta Coke doesn't produce their own 16.9oz, 24oz, 8oz glass, or 8oz cans. All are produced by other bottlers for them.

20oz, 2 liters, 12 packs, and 24 packs are what they produce.

A slightly closer source for you would be Phillipsburg NJ, that's Abarta territory as well.

vwestlife
04-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Apparently, Abarta has Coca-Cola bottling plants in Bedford Heights (Cleveland), OH, Pittsburgh, PA, Coatesville (Bethlehem), PA, and Tonawanda (Buffalo), NY.

And fans have been complaining that Abarta isn't bottling any Vault or Vault Zero -- but instead we get real sugar Coca-Cola all year round. :D

fusion
05-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Coatesville is just a distribution plant. Their product for the most part is produced in Bethlehem.

I was very disappointed today - I went into the southeastern part of their territory, and everything was HFCS. I dug through the shelf, and only found one fridgepack of Cherry and one of Black Cherry Vanilla that were sucrose.

Sadly, it looks as if Bethlehem has made the switch recently. all the fresh 2L and fridgepacks were HFCS. I couldn't get to the cooler to check it out.

vwestlife
05-09-2007, 08:24 PM
It's a strange world out there. Passover cola and Sprite has been gone for weeks, but just today I stumbled upon a large stock of Passover store-brand Orange soda at a Shop-Rite. It has the yellow cap and the ingredients list "invert sugar". They put it on the same shelf space formerly occupied by Passover store-brand cola.

mcmannors
05-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Coatesville is just a distribution plant. Their product for the most part is produced in Bethlehem.

I was very disappointed today - I went into the southeastern part of their territory, and everything was HFCS. I dug through the shelf, and only found one fridgepack of Cherry and one of Black Cherry Vanilla that were sucrose.

Sadly, it looks as if Bethlehem has made the switch recently. all the fresh 2L and fridgepacks were HFCS. I couldn't get to the cooler to check it out.

I was in the Lehigh Valley today (5/13), and everywhere I looked had the sucrose Coke. The Target in P'burg, as well as the Bethlehem locations of Sears Essentials, Wal*Mart, Giant, and Sheetz. IIRC, Giant had the 20 oz. bottles with HFCS, but all other sizes were sucrose.

mjb1124
05-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Since Bethlehem is only an hour away from me, I had been meaning to take a ride out there for a while, and I finally got to today. I stopped at a Giant Foods store, and yes, they were fully stocked with sucrose-sweetened Coke Classic, Caffeine Free Coke, and Cherry Coke.

I got a 20 oz. of Cherry and a 12-pack of Caffeine Free. Both really hit the spot. When I had the Cherry, it didn't taste that different to me at first, but as I kept drinking it, I noticed that the cherry flavor just seemed to stand out a lot more, and that's a good thing. Now I'm hoping that maybe next time I take a trip over there, they'll have sucrose-sweetened Vanilla Coke.

On another note, it appears that their Pepsi is sweetened with a blend of HFCS and sucrose. The 20 oz. and 2 liter bottles just had the default "and/or" listing, but looking at a pack of 24 oz. bottles, the ingredients label read "high fructose corn syrup, caramel color, sugar". Very curious.

fusion
05-21-2007, 09:42 PM
I had a can of BH-produced Cherry Coke the other day - it was very satisfying. The taste was very clean, not at all syrupy like the HFCS version.

sucrose
05-25-2007, 11:14 AM
http://http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070525/ap_on_bi_ge/coca_cola_vitaminwater

Check out the photo on the left, I noticed the yellow Kosher for Passover caps immediate. I was surprised when the article even mentioned they were Kosher for Passover.