PDA

View Full Version : New Sonic Limeades

shadowlp06
05-20-2006, 03:14 AM
Has anyone tried the new Sonic Limeade flavors? In Salt Lake they are advertising Apple and Cranberry Limeade. Just wondering if anyone has tried those yet? Nothing beats a double cherry limeade though!

Mr Zabe
05-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Please don't do this to me.LOLOLOLOLOL
Those new flavors sound beyond good and tasty.
The nearest Sonic's is about a 3hr drive. I'm not able to make the trip due to some personal reasons.

Man, I'm going nuts!!!!!! I love the way they make their drinks. I'm about 99.99% sure that I would flip out and loose my mind while enjoying one after another of their drinks.

Gosh,I better grab an A-List bevy and calm down. LOL

[ 05-20-2006, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
05-20-2006, 10:15 PM
We now have a Sonic within an hour or so of me, in Ephrata PA. Anyone who's in eastern PA should consider taking a roadtrip! It's right off 222 south of Reading PA.

ChrisPC
05-27-2006, 01:25 AM
The apple limeade is pretty good, actually. I think apple and cranberry are flavor options nationwide now; all they do is put Minute Maid juice concentrate into other drinks. You can also buy the juice at regular strength.

BTW, Sonic franchises don't go very far north, since they can't do much business in the winter. With a lot of snow and ice, they'd be effectively closed for months. They're actually open much later during the summer to help make up for it.

[ 05-27-2006, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: ChrisPC ]

the saint
05-27-2006, 11:30 AM
MMMM sonic. I might just have to WALK to the corner of my street and buy something cold to drink. LOL

Why do you say Sonic cannot do much business in the winter??? Do you not have Mcdonalds or burger kings?? They have drive thrus. Do the places with drive thrus just close down for the winter as well? I would venture to say that less than half if not a third of the customers at sonic do not stay there to consume their food, they take it home or elsewhere to eat it.
Do the c-stores up north take out their icee-slushy machines in the winter and only use them in the summer? How about the ice cream restaurants, do they close for the winter as well?? I am just curious as to this line of thinking.

Mr Zabe
05-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Here in Chicago,the Buger King restaurants have frozen cokes/other flavors year round. The Dairy Queen is open year round. Their drive through window gets around 70% of their business.

If the food and drink is good being open year round is the norm. I know of a outstanding hot dog joint that does such an incredible spring/summer/fall business that they close down for the winter months. Their food and shakes are far and beyond the best quality around. The resturant does not have much indoor seating but there is always a line well out the door. They cook everything at the point of order.

[ 05-27-2006, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

popologist
05-27-2006, 04:40 PM
is sonic a fastfood chain? i don't think i've ever seen one in NYC.

in ohio, there's a drive-up burger place called "swensons"--the burgers are AWESOME (i believe that mix a little sugar in the meat)... and their homemade shakes are good too.

pretty much, every time i'm visiting my family, i make it a point to get a burger there.

Irishpepsi04
06-15-2006, 02:04 AM
Just learned Sonic Drive-In opened in Spokane, Wash at Ruby St. and in Central Point, Oregon, near Medford. Maybe someday I'll visit and try that cherry limeade!