PDA

View Full Version : Soda Finds In Norfolk, VA (aka 'them fancy mall sodas!')

Look In The Tunk
06-18-2005, 09:00 PM
For an early birthday celebration, I went to MacArthur Center in Norfolk, VA, and I knew if I went into Harry & David that I'd find some fancy gourmet sodas. (Harry & David is this fancy gourmet snack store) And I did! I found several varities of Tommyknocker Soda (I only bought the Key Lime Creme and the Orange Creme), and several Boylans varities (I bought the cane cola and the black cherry)

I also found Pineapple Fanta in 20 oz bottles at a Chinese food court eatery inside the Waterside complex. I bet if I had gone into a grocery store in Norfolk, I would have found fridgepacks of pineapple fantas, but we didn't know where any grocery stores were at.

Mr Zabe
06-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Sounds like you had a nice soda pop road trip.
How did the pineapple Fanta taste? I bet it was very enjoyable. You lucky dog!!!!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Look In The Tunk
06-18-2005, 09:51 PM
How did the pineapple Fanta taste?I just put it in the pantry when I got home. I'll enjoy it later, I have too much 'backlog' in my kitchen right now (all the diet coke with lemons, the coke with limes, the nestea peach freezers, etc, etc, etc!

I did have the Tommyknocker Key Lime Creme. It tasted like Stewart's Key Lime soda. Until a 'computer friend' told me about Tommyknockers, I just thought they just made beer (because the grocery store where I used to work at sold their beer).

Mr Zabe
06-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Cool:)
I understand having a back log.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-19-2005, 08:04 AM
Don't expect much from American Fanta, especially the Pineapple...

I actually work a block away from McArthur. If I had known they had Boylan's, I would have checked it out...

Look In The Tunk
06-19-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm having the Cane Cola right now, and I don't think I'd drink it on a regular basis. I'll probably be pleased with the Black Cherry though (its in backlog).

If you look hard enough in the little stores here, you an find pineapple fanta in the 2 liters, and I liked it, too bad I had to water it down with ice since I couldn't fit the 2 liter in my fridge.

Hacksaw
06-19-2005, 05:37 PM
I like Fanta Pineapple, Strawberry, & Cherry. Their European Orange is real good, too.

I'm not that big on Tommyknocker's line, but Boylan's has some excellant flavors. I really wired up the diabetic admin woman where I used to work the day I gave her a bottle of Boylan's Diet Cane Cola.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-20-2005, 09:21 AM
I declare at this moment right now...

...that if Coke of America started to import their European Fantas and started to sell them here...

...that they would be better than 85% or more of ANY soda in this country.

That is all.

Mr Zabe
06-20-2005, 10:42 AM
SEV
I declare you should be working for Coke as a drinker's taste consultant because your Fanta wisdom is right on target.

IMO...the US soda pop market is so ripe for some good old knock your socks off fruit flavored soda pops. I do not care what name is
used,Fanta,Crush,Slice; just give us some good old
school soda pop. The real deal that when drunken cold out of the glass bottle used give our lips a 360 degree pop hickey. LOL

Gosh just keep it simple and we will buy these old school soda pops often. (Some of these new flavors are no better than flavored Drano. LOL)

[ 06-20-2005, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

The Interpreter
06-20-2005, 10:32 PM
So when did you taste Flavored Drano? What flavor was it? Where did you buy it? Iced or straight from the can/bottle?

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Trust me, Zabe is a truly *seasoned* beverage taster.

This is includes Drano and sweetened radiator fluid.