PDA

View Full Version : coffee drinks - America's Best Brew

emptyfree
06-21-2005, 01:34 AM
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the board, and I've got a question about something I don't see anywhere on this forum: coffee drinks. Specifically, America's Best Brew coffee drinks.

Trader Joe had these delicious, huge (and cheap considering their size) coffee drinks for most of 2004 from a company called "America's Best Brew." When they started, they had bland packaging with flavors like "HAZELNUT." They later came out with more colorful 50s retro packaging and snappy names like "Milkman Mocha" and "Joey Capuccino."

A few months ago, they went off the shelves at Trader Joes. I asked a manager about it, and he looked into it, and said that TJ's decided to stop carrying the brand. He was surprised by this because he was selling "the hell out of them."

Maybe a month after that, Trader Joe's came out with their own brand of coffee drinks. These were more expensive and contained half or maybe even a third as much beverage as the ABB brands.

So, my question to the forum is this: Is this brand selling anywhere in your area? Anyone know the if/how/where about ordering this through a web site somewhere?

Thanks-
Rick

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Hey, welcome to the board.

Sorry, I can't answer your question. lol

If it were a perfect world, everyone would live near a Trader Joe's.

But it's not.

emptyfree
06-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Aha! Just received an e-mail from the Glaceau company that makes Vitamin Water & ABB that answers my question.

Apparently, Trader Joe's was the only organization distributing this brand. When they decided to stop distributing ABB (to hawk their own, inferior & more expensive iced coffee brand), that was pretty much it.

However! The coffee brand is still available in the New York City & Baltimore/DC area...

So, should my next step be to contact a distributor in the NYC/DC area? I'd imagine they deal mainly with retailers... you think they'd take the time to sell an individual case or two to an individual consumer?

Mr Zabe
06-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Trader Joe's plain and simple is awesome.
The quality and price of what ever they sell is mind blowing. I have never brought a product there that I have not enjoyed.

What a store.

USF SPAMMER 1
07-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Those coffees were way too ****ing sweet. The Starbucks bottled fraps are still the bees knees.