PDA

View Full Version : OK SODA

Tons O' Fun
02-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Never heard of this you?

OK Soda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OK_Soda)

popologist
02-07-2007, 11:19 PM
yeah. i remember it. we had a thread about this last year sometime.

some people liked it; some people didn't.

it was aimed at gen-Xers back in the day.

Mr Zabe
02-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah I remeber that thread too. smile.gif

Splashofdew
02-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Hell yeah I remember this! It was in the vending machines when I was in high school in the 90's. My boyfriend at the time liked it. I had it once and thought it was just ok. I'm not surprised it didn't stick around.I don't remember if anybody liked it or not.It tasted like a bunch of different flavors at each sip.It was an aquired taste.

popologist
02-08-2007, 12:16 PM
yeah. supposedly it was a mix of all of coca-cola's brands mixed together.

SURGE
02-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Terrible and yes it did taste like a mix of all the the flavors in the fountain. One of the worst mainstream products I have ever tried.

upinarms
02-17-2007, 12:29 PM
The taste was alright but it was the totally weird and off beat marketing of it that made me really love it.

Of coarse mainstream America never picked up on it, it was one of the few products out there that didn't rely on a bunch of silly hype to back it up. It was really abstract, and the general public doesn't seem to like products that actually make them think.

Blue Efficacy
02-17-2007, 04:05 PM
I thought OK tasted, well, OK. I remember buying it as a kid for the packaging, and sometimes feeling a a responsibility to actually drink it.

I LOVED the 1-800-I-FEEL-OK line. I called that often.

I felt great sadness the day I called and it was no longer up.

wonkapete
02-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I just came across these two cans tonight. It's a bad pic because of the flash on the silver can. It was a weird packaged soda. I remember I brought some to drink at our local Coke club when it first came out. The older people in the club told me to not bring anymore. They didn't like it because of the sayings and pictures on the cans and bottles. They just didn't make sense!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l33/wonkapete/151.jpg