PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Product Launches

spyhunter
06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Everyone knows the story behind the Red Bull launch and how it is one of the greatest beverage launches and marketing stories in history. I recently read the Jagermeister / Sidney Frank story as well (another great one). Does anyone have any other great product launch success stories?

TaB
06-22-2005, 12:26 AM
New Coke? LMFAO!

spyhunter
06-22-2005, 12:28 AM
I guess I'm new to this thing and don't understand all the terms. What is LMFAO?

Mr Zabe
06-22-2005, 04:45 AM
LMFAO = Laugh My Frigin Ass Off

LOL = Laugh Out Lould

PIMP = Pissed In My Pants

IMO = In My Opinion

Welcome to cyber space message board short hand. The above are just a few basic ones.

spyhunter
06-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the lingo. I appreciate the help from another Chicagoan

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

LOL = Laugh Out Lould

IMO = In My Opinion

Welcome to cyber space message board short hand. The above are just a few basic ones. in case you haven't noticed, no one but YOU uses these. and as you type LOL, think, are you laughing that much?

what about gatorade, or glaceau? even izze's had banging success in only two years

Mr Zabe
06-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Well, it's a habit that I developed a long time ago. When I use LOL, it means at that moment I'm enjoying myself. I guess each one of us has different styles.

My grip is posters like yourself who do not capitalize the first letter of the first word of a sentence. Some posters use poor sentence structure ect.

I do not care...it just makes it harder to understand that's all. When I post a message I try my best to use good proper English so that my board mates can understand my thoughts.

Like I said, thats my style, my way of expression. I will respect you and I hope you will respect me. LOL

riot
06-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Diet Coke was probably the biggest launch of the last 50 years. I mean, in one year, it became #3, and is approaching #2. That's pretty impressive.

Obviously, "new" Coke was the biggest mistake.

riot
06-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

LOL = Laugh Out Lould

IMO = In My Opinion

Welcome to cyber space message board short hand. The above are just a few basic ones. in case you haven't noticed, no one but YOU uses these. and as you type LOL, think, are you laughing that much?

what about gatorade, or glaceau? even izze's had banging success in only two years </font>[/QUOTE]Everyone uses those acronyms. They're standard internet terms.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Some people are nerdier than others.

And while a beverage forum IS pretty nerdy, you gotta remember that many of the people in this forum or either casual beverage enthusiasts or industry professionals.

So they may not know much internet slang.

Hacksaw
06-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Well, there was Crystal Pepsi, then Tab Clear to counter that. Both gone now.

ithastabeshasta
06-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by riot:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

LOL = Laugh Out Lould

IMO = In My Opinion

what about gatorade, or glaceau? even izze's had banging success in only two years </font>[/QUOTE]Everyone uses those acronyms. They're standard internet terms. </font>[/QUOTE]I never have nor will I ever use them!

boodoo
06-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Hands down it was the launch of Diet Coke back in the early 80's. There has never been a more anticipated brand than that.

I worked for a Coke distributor back then and retailers were begging for us to build massive can displays in their stores. Some were well in excess of 1000 cases!

spyhunter
06-25-2005, 09:33 PM
What was behind that launch that made it so anticipated? Does anyone know the marketing approach that coke used to launch diet coke or the story about the launch? Was it standard advertising (print, radio, tv, etc.) or where there any new marketing methods used?

In case you haven't noticed by now, I'm trying to get some info and ideas to launch a new product and would appreciate anyones suggestions (being that many of you are in the beverage industry or big fans of it)

Mr Zabe
06-25-2005, 09:43 PM
With all due respect,have you done a nexus search?
Have you tried searching the cyber highway for Coca Cola specific message boards? Surely there must be a board where Coke lovers could field a question such as yours.

Your asking a rather detailed question that apparently has not been answered by this board.
That's ok as this board IMO has the best soda pop freaks in cyber space, maybe just not the most informed Coke lovers.

spyhunter
06-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Not regarding diet coke (yet), but I have checked out others. Jaegermeister, Red Bull, Grey Goose, and even Rock star have great stories and ideas but I'm always looking for more info. I didn't realize that Diet Coke was such a big product launch. Just figured the people that did know about it and/or work for the company might know, and like to talk about, how they did it.

I'll also do a search regarding the topic......thanks for the tip.

Look In The Tunk
06-25-2005, 10:26 PM
I know everybody made a huge deal out of Vanilla Coke coming out in 2002. Heck, it was even a news story! I remember Daily Show making fun of the news coverage of it.