PDA

View Full Version : Sprite Or Die....LOL

Mr Zabe
02-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I ended up in the ER with a very sever nose bleed this morning. Long story short,after all the trauma of getting treated, I was thrusting for a Sprite.

I sent my dad to the nearest Coke vending machine for a Sprite. The machine was not loaded properly and he got a 7up new formula in stead of a can of Sprite. LOL I took one sip of the 7up. Even in my state of no smell and no taste, I had my dad dump it into the sink.LOL I hate the new formula 7up. LOL

I ended up getting Mountain Dew which was just fine. LOL My Dad thinks I'm mental.....LOL I know I am. LOL

Have any of you had a simular experience?

[ 02-11-2007, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

iWrestle
02-11-2007, 06:36 PM
VERY similar experience! I had just gotten a concussion and was totally out of it and do not remember any of this, but my Mom told me all I would say was, "get me a Dew!" It just goes to show how much a beverage you love can just get into your head!

Mr Zabe
02-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah....us soda pop freaks must have our A List comfort drinks. IMO Pepsi and MD are my liquid blankets.LOL

[ 02-11-2007, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jacksmom
02-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Mr. Zabe,
I hope you're feeling better! I, too, actually had a recent similar experience, but I was prepared. I had surgery last Monday to remove my gallbladder and I told my husband to make sure we had Sprite at home, as whenever I have any kind of procedure or hospitalization I desperately crave Sprite. Funny, though, I can't really stomach it any other time. smile.gif

Mr Zabe
02-12-2007, 12:29 PM
jacksmom,
Oh my...are you ok? Wow,you must be sore.
Yes, I was given 7up(old formula) or Sprite as a kid when ever I was sick. LOL I'm just like you,I have to have Sprite!!!!

Please heal fast. smile.gif
Zabe

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Get well soon, MrZ.!

The same happened to me, after my surgery what I wanted so much was a can of Coke... but I couldn't drink or eat anything for 24 hrs... ouch...

jacksmom
02-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks Mr. Zabe! I guess being sick does funny things to people, and I'm sore but doing great, by the way. It was kind of an emergency situation, but I'm mending quickly. I kind of have to, as I'm headed off to Disneyland on Thursday with my hubbie and four kids (great timing smile.gif for a week of fun! While my kids are busy mapping out the rides they'll go on first, I'm busy mapping out what sodas I'll be enjoying!!!

jblaviback
02-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Well, When I was younger I remember when I got really sick and was throwing up or something my mom would allways bring me saltines with a nice big cup of sprite with plenty of ice.

I allways feel sprite tastes best when you are sick like that, it just tastes so good. smile.gif

Splashofdew
02-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah,I understand and can relate to this.Never had an injury thank goodness but every dang time I get my teeth cleaned at the dentist afterwards I cannot think of anything else but having a Dew. I know,I know I get them cleaned then I wanna mess them up again.Lol. But I gotta get that taste out of my mouth and that's the only thing that helps.Lol. My boyfriend says I'm addicted to Dew and should have a straight IV in my arm attached to a bottle of it.Lol. I get cranky when I don't have it.Lol.It makes me feel better when i am sick though. Although that might be a mental thing.Lol.Right now drinking caffeine free Dew. It's good but not the same thing.Anybody else have a similar exspierience? tongue.gif

[ 02-12-2007, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Splashofdew ]

Splashofdew
02-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Yep,I used to get 7up when I was sick too. Although I can't really stand 7up anymore because it makes me think of being sick and vomiting it back up like I did once. Sorry I know that's gross but that's why when I get sick I drink Dew or Sprite.I love Sprite.Sierra Mist don't do it for me either. I hate that stuff.

Mr Zabe
02-12-2007, 09:53 PM
LOL...I'm get pretty much the same feeling when I drink an ice cold Pepsi. Even more so when it's been a few good hours since my last beverage. I do now know why but the over all rush and taste of it just blow my mind. LOL It feels sort of like a mild buzz.

Troy The Vault Drinker
02-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Sprite Is CRAP.. it has barely any taste and it just burns your throat when you drink it too fast

i hate it i hate it i hate it smile.gif

iluvsurge220
02-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Troy The Vault Drinker:
Sprite Is CRAP.. it has barely any taste and it just burns your throat when you drink it too fast

i hate it i hate it i hate it smile.gif I do too. The thing I hate most about it is that it makes your saliva all thick and sticky, and your mouth just feels yucky inside!! I can't stand that!! The only lemon-lime pop I like is Sierra Mist and I can't find that around here very often, so I never get to drink it.

Android
02-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Sorry, I'm with Zabe on this one - I've always liked Sprite. Although while currently I'm not drinking any sugar sodas, but when I do drink them, Sprite is one I drink often.
-Andy

iWrestle
02-13-2007, 11:20 PM
In my opinion, the best part is the burn on the way down. I love when sodas "bite".

Mr Zabe
02-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Well said!!!!
I love a good tung and throat burn. smile.gif
Like you said the "bite" from a cold soda pop is awesome.

[ 02-13-2007, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Blue Efficacy
02-14-2007, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Splashofdew:
Yeah,I understand and can relate to this.Never had an injury thank goodness but every dang time I get my teeth cleaned at the dentist afterwards I cannot think of anything else but having a Dew. I know,I know I get them cleaned then I wanna mess them up again.Lol. But I gotta get that taste out of my mouth and that's the only thing that helps.Lol. My boyfriend says I'm addicted to Dew and should have a straight IV in my arm attached to a bottle of it.Lol. I get cranky when I don't have it.Lol.It makes me feel better when i am sick though. Although that might be a mental thing.Lol.Right now drinking caffeine free Dew. It's good but not the same thing.Anybody else have a similar exspierience? tongue.gif You have an unhealty dependence on a poor product tongue.gif

SpaceGuy
02-14-2007, 05:48 PM
How's about Ginger Ale (Canada Dry) for a queasy stomach? Or is that just my people that do that? That and soft boiled eggs on toast (not until you can handle it, though),

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-15-2007, 01:46 AM
IMO Sprite is the best of the lemon-lime sodas...