PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Coke Advertising Boom

shadowlp06
02-11-2007, 11:47 PM
I was driving along I-15 in Utah and happened to notice about every 4 miles or so a billboard for Cherry Coke with the slogan if I remember right, "Add some cherry to your life...". I have never seen all this advertising for Cherry Coke. Is there a new formula for Cherry Coke, or just trying to boost sales? I counted about 8 billboards going south on the interstate.

XLS_04
02-12-2007, 04:22 AM
They are trying to promote Coca-Cola cherry zero and the fact that it has the same formula as cherry Coke but with no calories.

It all comes down to Coke pushing Coca-Cola zero's sales and popularity. If there was no "zero" version of this flavor, Coca-Cola would not be advertising cherry Coke this much.

[ 02-12-2007, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

Mr Zabe
02-12-2007, 06:12 AM
Ok, I can see that "us" soda pop freaks are making that connection between Coke Cherry and Coke Cherry Zero. But is the general public?
I mean advertizing Coke Cherry and not including any mention of Coke Cherry Zero in that advertizing appears to be a stretch.

IMO...a good add campaign is much like smash mouth football. Blunt and to the point.

[ 02-12-2007, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]