PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Afri-Cola

The Alternative Crow
12-27-2003, 12:27 PM
For those of you that enjoy the taste of Afri-Cola, don't put vanilla extract or vanilla syrup in the mixture. It will become a disaster and when you drink it, you will look like this. :eek:

cph
12-29-2003, 02:02 PM
I didn't think Afri-Cola was sweet enough to do flavors like vanilla or cherry. (It's somewhat
less sweet than Coca-Cola)

The Alternative Crow
12-29-2003, 02:46 PM
It was a perfect waste of a great soda! Since Afri-Cola is my favorite cola, I put it in a proper place, the trash can!!! :( :( :( And you are right, Afri-Cola is very dry and not the sweetest thing in the market unlike Like Red Bull, who gets money from people who try it but as soon as everyone has tried it, they're market will probaly crash and come up with something like Red Cow and Red Sow. Hey don't get me wrong! They're sisters. But anyway, Afri-Cola is perfect the way it is. Dont ever put anything in it to change the flavor.

[ 12-29-2003, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: The Alternative Crow ]

cph
12-30-2003, 12:45 PM
It's a German cola, they tend to like drier, less sweet stuff in general. Or so I've been told.

(Lots of caffeine though, about as much as a Jolt?)

On the other hand, I had a German 7up once....lots of in-your-face lemon/lime flavor. American 7up is more like tonic water in comparison....

XLS2004
01-05-2004, 08:12 PM
I hope that there are not anymore beverage companies making Vanilla cola. It was okay when Coke did it, then other brands starded doing it :rolleyes:

Alot of lesser known brands already did vanilla colas and most of those were discontinued after awhile. When Coke did it then it seemed to be a big deal and other companies wanted to try selling vanilla flavored colas again.

Vanilla cola is okay, it gets sickening after awhile though. I still think cherry cola's taste better when choosing between the two.

cph
01-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Actually, I prefer Vanilla Pepsi to Vanilla Coke, although I usually prefer Coke to Pepsi. The sweeter taste of the Pepsi goes better with the vanilla.....

Also, V-Coke out of the fountain tastes better (more syrupy) than from the can. (I had a coworker who swore that fountain drinks *always* tasted better than cans or bottles, but that's another story....)

How about other coke flavors? Lemon is good if you squeeze a lemon into your coke, but the "Diet Coke with Lemon" tasted way too artificial.

Or you could try the syrups in the coffee shop (mint, cinnamon, ginger, etc) and see how that would go....

I'd even consider pepper coke (coke with a small amount of jalapeno pepper juice....)

XLS2004
01-06-2004, 12:23 PM
cinnamon cola actually sounds good. i have been wondering if that will be introduced for a few years now.

pepper coke, that kinda goes along the lines of spicey sprite "Sprite on fire" which is sold in Hong Kong. So thats not entirely a though that they would pass on.

fusion
01-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Well, there is Loco Soda. It's got a citrus/chili pepper taste.

cph
01-06-2004, 10:58 PM
cinnamon cola actually sounds good. i have been wondering if that will be introduced for a few years now.
Wait a minute....Hansen's Natural Cola had a *strong* cinnamon flavor....cinnamon was even in the list of ingredients! (I don't think they make it any more, though)

pepper coke, that kinda goes along the lines of spicey sprite "Sprite on fire" which is sold in Hong Kong. So thats not entirely a though that they would pass on. "Sprite On Fire" is ginger, which also sounds interesting.

http://chinesesoup.at.infoseek.co.jp/recipes.htm
(page in Japanese, but it does have a picture of a "Sprite On Fire" bottle and label)

Hacksaw
01-09-2004, 05:56 PM
Hansen's Cola is big on cinammon, but has no caffeine or phosphoric acid.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-13-2004, 02:40 PM
speaking of regular afri-cola, my cost plus world market isn't carrying it anymore, it replaced it with boylans cane cola, orange and ginger ale four packs.

i want my afri!

danny?!?!

The Alternative Crow
01-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Just buy Afri at pop the soda shop. It has it avalable there. BTW Jolt cola has 70mg of caffeine, Afri has 100mg. Good luck! Find it on google.

[ 01-17-2004, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: The Alternative Crow ]