PDA

View Full Version : legal contract wanted

Energy life
05-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Where can i get a legal contract to seal off my county territories?

greg
05-24-2006, 12:42 PM
If you don't want to have an attorney draw them up then go to Office Depot. They have an aisle that has "basic" legal documents. You can then amend them as you see fit. However, I would still pay an attorney for an hour of their time to double check the legalities of your finished document.

Mr Zabe
05-24-2006, 12:47 PM
I agree. The cost of an attorney is money well spent. smile.gif

-VV-
05-24-2006, 01:54 PM
What are you trying to lock down exactly? Are you distributing, vending...? If your rights aren't granted to you via the manufacturer of the product, I'm not sure how you can claim exclusivity in a certain area unless you have a legal agreement with the product manufacturer. And I'm not sure what their incentive to do that would be unless you had alot of bargaining power in the form of existing accounts and aggressive growth. If you ARE the product manufacturer, have you thought about the potential downside to offering someone the sole right to distribute in an area? What if their growth targets are not in line with yours? What if they are unsuccesful in growing that territory? In my opinion, it's better to introduce at least SOME competition for accounts. The benefits are numerous.

And of course, I agree with the comments about a lawyer. It is MUCH cheaper to consult with a lawyer before something occurs than it is to ask them to tidy up a situation after the fact.

[ 05-24-2006, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

Energy life
05-24-2006, 03:16 PM
I am a distributor for products from the manufacturer.
The manufacturer sends me the products at net 30 terms and i have no contract thus far with them.
I have 80 accounts onboard and want to secure those accounts and the 4 surrounding counties.

Lepke
05-24-2006, 03:54 PM
The manufacturer most likely has a contract they use. Tell them to send you a contract then take it to your lawyer and let him look it over.

It will probably be very much in their favor but you can change some things and send it back for their approval. This may take some negotiation and in the end the contract will be worthless anyway.

Maybe not completely worthless, at least they will know you are serious about their brand.

DO NOT MAKE A MOVE IN BUSINESS WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY !!!!!!!

-VV-
05-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Lepke:

DO NOT MAKE A MOVE IN BUSINESS WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY !!!!!!! If there is a 10 commandments of doing business, this would definitely be #1 or #2.

I couldn't agree more.

POP
05-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Veruca Vending:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lepke:

DO NOT MAKE A MOVE IN BUSINESS WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY !!!!!!! If there is a 10 commandments of doing business, this would definitely be #1 or #2.

I couldn't agree more. </font>[/QUOTE]+1,000,000