PDA

View Full Version : Has Coca-Cola already pulled the plug on Black Cherry Vanilla?

nWoAssassin94
05-25-2006, 06:21 AM
I am a not a fan of the drink by any means and it still makes me mad that Vanilla Coke was discontinued for that crap. However, I have noticed that the drink is becoming very scarce and I am starting to wonder if Coca-Cola has already discontinued it. I still see the Diet version every now and then, but the regular version is now quite hard to find. Is it like this in other areas as well?

Even if it has been discontinued already, I still doubt that Vanilla Coke will be brought back (even though I hope it is!).

popologist
05-25-2006, 01:44 PM
i tried the diet version once. it was okay... but still had that awful artificial vanilla taste.

i don't know why it's so hard to make a tasty vanilla cola.

jmyjunk
05-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Vanilla Coke was a tasty vanill cola. :cool:

cokepa
05-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Still have lots of it around here in central PA, in all package sizes.

AzRocks
05-25-2006, 08:55 PM
i saw for the 1st time today BCVC with mycokerewards on it

Skynet
05-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Hate to sound a lil mean here, or trying to put down anyone that does like it, but I don't mind if it fails if it means they are one step closer to bringing back vanilla coke, I miss it, I've been drinking vanilla pepsi instead but I think that's going to get the axe soon.

[ 05-30-2006, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Skynet ]

Doug
05-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Skynet:
Hate to sound a lil mean here, or trying to put down anyone that does like it, but I don't mind if it fails if it means they are one step closer to bringing back vanilla coke, I miss it, I've been drinking vanilla pepsi instead but I think that's going to get the axe soon. I thought they were starting to pull Vanilla Pepsi in certain markets?

Skynet
05-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Well it's still in stores around here, for awhile I couldn't find it but then it recently came back, I'm enjoying it while it lasts. smile.gif

CStoreCatMan
05-31-2006, 12:19 PM
We've pulled regular Vanilla Pepsi in my market. I think we only have 12pks left. As for BCVC...I don't think Coke will take that away just yet...you're probably just seeing some distribution/ordering opportunities.

nWoAssassin94
06-01-2006, 05:01 AM
To reply to my own topic, it seems that Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla is no longer sold in my area. However, I went to Statesville, NC this past weekend and they had tons of it. I guess that it hasn't sold very well where I live at, so our bottler must have pulled it.

popologist
06-01-2006, 01:46 PM
how can they pull a drink that's only been out for a couple months?!?

that's just ridiculous.

royrogerswb
06-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know if Vanilla Coke is still bottled in any region? I know it was announced quite some time ago that it was being phased out but have any bottlers still kept it?