PDA

View Full Version : 79cent Sierra Mist Free 20 oz

Tone
05-25-2006, 12:14 PM
i was at a Hess Gas sation gettin gas and decided to get something to drink. And i noticed all 20 Oz Sierra Mist Frees were 79 cents. So I bought a bunch. Maybe its like this everywhere but i havent seen it and i thought that was a pretty good deal. It acctually says Suggested retail price 79cents on the bottle. Another thing was that all pepsi 20oz products were 99cents other then Sierra Mist Free.

SURGE
05-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Dew has been MSRP 99c here for months now to combat the VAULT expansion. Mist is 99c in most stores as well though we havent seen a drop to 79c yet- though it wouldnt surprise me with how much money they continiously pump into that brand and with the Sprite re-vamp.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-25-2006, 03:17 PM
here, they have the price at woodmans at 50 cents for both free and regular

Mr Zabe
05-25-2006, 03:25 PM
LOL
Not even if Woodman's gave Sierra Mist 20oz both regular and free out for nothing, I would not take any. IMO I will not drink D List beverages if I can avoid them. LOL

BATBL18
05-25-2006, 04:21 PM
D list MR Z? I would probably have it on my C list. You should post your lists of your rankings of drinks for us all to see. That would be cool to see.

Mr Zabe
05-25-2006, 04:33 PM
I will do that in the near future. LOL

Ok I'll put Sierra Mist on my C-List but on probation.LOL

DJ HawaiianShirt
05-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Zabe, don't give in! You're the true anti-Sierra Mist zealot of this board!

And I'm your lowly squire apprentice.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-25-2006, 04:47 PM
yeh, i tried one of the regular, because i never had one before and it was only 50 cents, so as i was walking out of the store, i opened it and took a sip, spit it out, threw the bottle in the trash bin, and turned around and walked in and grabbed a 50 cent vault to wash the unplesantness out of my mouth...

BATBL18
05-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Well to be honest it's a Sprite clone although not as good, but its drinkable. I'm anti Sierra Mist because i'd rather have lemon lime Slice or even Storm, but I don't understand how it's so terrible. I just can't taste enough difference to justify hating Sierra Mist so much. I have no problem telling differences between other drinks, but between Sprite and Sierra Mist I give the edge to Sprite although I find Sierra Mist isn't that much worse.

Tone
05-25-2006, 07:16 PM
i cant stomach diet sprite, but i find sierra mist free to be pretty tasty, ill go either way on the non diet versions.

Mr Zabe
05-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Ok. Old Formula 7up and Sprite drinkers love these beverages because they have some "back bone". Speaking for myself, they have strong lemon lime flavor notes. I can taste a strong tasting soda pop that has it's sweetness balanced with a strong start and strong finish.

Sierra Mist has IMO a week mouth feel. The lemon lime flavor reminds me of when my Great Aunt used to give me a wet slimy kiss on the cheek. YECK!!!
It has a light taste that seems more like a souped up lemon lime sparkling water than a lemon lime sweet soda pop.

For us old school OS 7up and Sprite drinkers, drinking S.M. is not the least bit what we recall what a lemon lime soda pop should taste like. :(

David J.
05-25-2006, 07:54 PM
I hate Sprite and Sierra Mist. Just awful, IMO.