PDA

View Full Version : Canada Dry Flavors

Dr. Cherry
01-03-2004, 01:51 AM
Hello, I am new to this board and I look forward to discussing soda with everybody. I've been a fanatic since the early 90's when I began noticing that all the flavors I enjoyed as a kid were disappearing here in Central California. I've been up and down this state with not a whole lot of luck. NoCal has been ok at times but Central and SoCal have not turned up anything unusual. I made a trip to Phoenix a few years ago and was floored upon seeing their selection. Many Slice flavors, Mug Creme Soda, 4 or 5 flavors of Minute Maid and 5 Crush flavors including Strawberry, Orange, Grape, Pineapple, and an abundance of Peach Crush. Also a brand called Big K that had some great flavors. Anyway, my 1st question is regarding Canada Dry. When I was a kid my grandmother always had many flavors of it in her fridge. For many years now all I've seen is Ginger Ale. Does anyone know if Canada Dry still makes flavored drinks or are they gone?

Thanks,

"Doc" Cherry

drpep
01-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Peach and Cranberry are 2. I believe there are more.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-03-2004, 10:23 PM
i do believe Fusion said that a honickman pepsi franchise was making them on the east coast, in new jersey i think.

fusion
01-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Yes, Honickman's Pepsi/Canada Dry Pennsauken New Jersey franchise makes the C-D flavors.

Island Lime
Peach (new)
Pineapple
Vanilla Cream
Wild Cherry
Black Cherry Wishniak

They all used to have their own unique labels (pictures of cherries on the wild cherry, pineapple slices on the pineapple, etc) but when Cadbury shifted all their soda flavors to DPSU, and realigned the UPC codes to the 78000 family, the whole C-D ginger ale and flavor line got a makeover. They all now have that boring crest logo on the front, but the backgrounds are different colors.

Apparently some of the flavors are also made in Canada under the C-Plus moniker.

[ 01-03-2004, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

fusion
01-03-2004, 11:31 PM
There was also a lemon ginger ale, but they stopped making that about four years ago. Now all I see is reg/diet/cranberry/diet cranberry.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-04-2004, 12:04 AM
never seen diet cranberry...

so c-plus isn't minute maid like i suspected, it's canada dry?

Cheer-wined
01-04-2004, 03:10 AM
These were the Canada Dry products that we could get locally in the 1970's (ignore the Cactus Cooler it came from Texas)
http://home.triad.rr.com/coolmoon/Canada_Dry.jpg
Now the only former CD products to be found are regular/diet/cranberry ginger ale, tahitian treat and the mixers (tonic, soda, wink in 1L/2L.)

golee1
01-04-2004, 03:27 AM
Jamaica cola???What was that supposed to taste like?

"Now the only former CD products to be found are regular/diet/cranberry ginger ale, tahitian treat and the mixers (tonic, soda, wink in 1L/2L.)"

Same here, except I don't think we have the cranberry ginger ale, could be mistaken though.

golee1
01-04-2004, 03:29 AM
and Wink and the mixers are only available in 1 liter

PhillySteve
01-04-2004, 08:03 AM
The Lemon Ginger Ale was sooooo good. Luckily, it's something that is pretty easy to recreate with regular ginger ale and lemon juice.

Also, I saw a 20oz Peach with the "old" label a month or so ago in Edgemont, PA.

Cheer-wined
01-04-2004, 12:20 PM
my recollection of the jamaica cola was that it tasted closer to an RC than to Coke or Pepsi. There used to be a c-store chain Ma-jik Market that carried lots of CD products, that's where these came from.

Sea bass
01-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Here in Canada, in the early 90's there was Canada Dry Cream Soda!! It was really good!! I sure miss Tahiti Treat!!

fusion
01-05-2004, 09:59 PM
Wink is available in 2 liter form in some parts of the Carolinas. I saw it here and there a few years back. Maybe southern Virginia, too.

Tahiti treat still exists, according to what I read.. though now it's a c-plus flavor. In the US, it's called Tahitian Treat.

Hacksaw
01-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Cactus Cooler is in Southern Calif. through their Coca Cola bottler. I also remember a short lived CD soda "Sport", a low caffeine cola.

Cheer-wined
01-10-2004, 01:05 AM
Do they make cactus cooler in fridgepacks in SoCal?
Another Canada Dry product they had in the midwest was an orange crush knockoff, called "orange spot", the graphics looked just like oc's.

[ 01-10-2004, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]

ben
03-23-2004, 03:27 AM
in canada they have canada dry gingeral and canada dry cranberry gingeral

Terry K
03-23-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Cheer-wined:
Do they make cactus cooler in fridgepacks in SoCal?
Another Canada Dry product they had in the midwest was an orange crush knockoff, called "orange spot", the graphics looked just like oc's. Fridge Packs are due here within the month. Pibb Xtra is already available in FP, and we're waiting on the rest of them.

bigworld
01-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Jamaica Cola was a bit like Pepsi's "Holiday Spice," if I remember correctly. Hearty, maybe a little nutmeg flavor. Wish it was still available.

Irishpepsi04
01-21-2005, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Hacksaw:
Cactus Cooler is in Southern Calif. through their Coca Cola bottler. I also remember a short lived CD soda "Sport", a low caffeine cola. Cactus Cooler is also available through Swire Cola-Cola in SW Washington state as well areas that Swire Coke serves. I spotted it in Kennewick, WA last September. Brian

ithastabeshasta
01-21-2005, 07:40 PM
I purchase Cactus Cooler in Fridge packs in Elk City Oklahoma last year.

mjb1124
01-21-2005, 07:43 PM
I remember the lemon flavor...I'm surprised they don't make it anymore.

I tried Tahitian Treat when I was in upstate NY last summer - wasn't really to my liking.

fusion
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
I finally got around to taking a picture of all the 20oz Canada Dry flavors. They still have the same lineup and packaging. I also put the picture on the wikipedia page.

If anyone's traveling on I-95 through Delaware and wants to pick them up, I took the picture at Malin's Deli in Newark. Take exit #1 (may also be 1B) to 896 North. Make a right at the jughandle for W Chestnut Hill Rd, and then make a left to get back on 896, going south (if you miss that turn, you can make a U-Turn at the next light). Malin's will be on your right, between 2 gas stations. They have a ton of loose bottles of warm soda in addition to coolers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/cdry-flavor20oz.jpg

XLS_04
10-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Thats alot of flavors! Thanks for posting.

The lemon flavor is still made in Canada last time I went there in 2006. Was it discontinued there as well, or just in the USA?

fusion
10-10-2009, 04:11 AM
Looks like Lemon is gone from Canada as well - the website looks recently updated with the new graphics.

http://canadadry.ca/products.html

drpep
10-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Peach can be found along Route 15 between Lewisburg and Harrisburg, PA