PDA

View Full Version : Has Red Bull made a fatal mistake?

KCBevGuy
05-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Hello all, I have been in the beverage industry for only six years with a GREAT beverage distributor.

As I evaluate the on premise channel and the world of energy drinks I have found that the industry leader Redbulls approach is often considered abrasive and non competative.

If you have a moment to share thoughts with me on Red Bull’s approach to the local market it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to preference these questions by stating that we are not a red bull distributor.

A. For those of you who distribute Red Bull: How do you rate the support of RBNA as a partner in your brand portfolio?

B. Has anyone heard of successful local marketing that Red Bull sales teams, distributors or others have implemented with this brand that drives sales.

C. With the brand equity that Red Bull has, does anyone see a collapse of the current pricing umbrella with this product to allow for volume growth.

Any information that the members could provide on RBNA and its approach to Distributors, local marketing, sales force or other would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and input!

KcBevGuy

popologist
05-25-2006, 11:08 PM
all i know is that a few years ago, the clubs i went to would sell redbull and its competitors, but for the last few years, just redbull... the others were squeezed out of the market. which kind of sucks because i don't like redbull.

David J.
05-26-2006, 12:07 AM
A one trick pony won't last forever. :(

KCBevGuy
05-26-2006, 10:28 AM
THANKS for the response. POP & DAVID

DrPepperYummy
05-27-2006, 07:15 PM
I guess I am trying to figure out what this "fatal mistake" is... you're not really saying anything to go along with your topic here, other than ask how redbull seems to work?

I don't sell redbull either I'm just another competitor, but their only mistake seems to be... I'll let you know when I figure this one out!

KCBevGuy
05-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Sorry Dr. Pepper, The topic description was to try and gain attention, so that I may get insight on the questions posed.

Thanks
KCbevguy

fusion
05-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Well, that's pretty lousy. Not to mention that this topic would have been more appropriate in the energy forum.

KCBevGuy
05-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Fusion,

I apologize. I am new to the board within the last week and made a mistake. I posted it in the energy forum and the professional forum.

I am sure that this is not the only mistake I will make however no one is perfect.

Thank you for your imput. I have learned a lot about this forum from great people with your experience.

Thanks again

KcBevGuy