PDA

View Full Version : new Vanilla Coke cans (salutetosoda forums wrong)

Robot
01-11-2004, 06:20 PM
the cans posted at salute to soda's forums are not the new Vanilla Coke cans for USA.

a friend of mine is one of the "consumer research" people, and got a picture of the new vanilla coke can,.. apparently it will also feature hidden messages on the can, that will appear when you hold it.. no joke.. not sure what the messages will be, but thats what it said.

however, the weird thing about the can, is that on the card, it looked like an 8 oz can.. the energy drink size, but it just oculd have been a stretched rendering or something... it also didnt say vanilla coke, just was shiny red with the vanilla "V" in the middle..

i guess its going to be some promotion in the summer or something, if anyone else has this or could get a scan of it, please post it.

XLS_04
01-11-2004, 08:02 PM
didnt they have those out last summer?

i would like to see pics of what your mentioning also.

Terry K
01-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Coke doesn't call its product Coca-Cola Vanilla in the US.

I'm working on confirming if they're going to redo the graphics for V Coke again, but I stand by that those are for the UK and not the US.

Coke went through several designs for the Vanilla Coke before they came up with what they have now.

Monolithic Fishmonger-X
01-12-2004, 01:08 AM
Ive heard that the coca-cola is supposed to be a guy sniffing coke. If you turn the can so the coca cola is going vertical, the C in coca is his hand going up to his nose and oca is his body. the - is his neck and tho o is his nose. the rest his is face and ear and hat. I have no idea what the secret message is tho.

Robot
01-12-2004, 01:22 AM
ill try to scan the card my friend got in the mail..

it clearly said it was for a special promotion this summer with vanilla coke, and showed a hand holding, what honestly looked like an 8oz energy drink sized can of Vanilla coke, that was royal red with the V in the center, not much different than those old V 20oz logos.. and it said "go to blahblahblah tremor website (the marketing firm) to be part of the secret messages on the can!"

karks88
01-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Terry K:
Coke went through several designs for the Vanilla Coke before they came up with what they have now. And that was the best they could do?? smile.gif I like Vanilla Coke but I really thought the packaging could have been better. I remember a lot of people having trouble distinguishing it from CC Classic. I guess that's why they're re-vamping.

[ 01-12-2004, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: karks88 ]

XLS_04
01-12-2004, 10:51 AM
the special packaging there talking about is promotional, not permanent.

Cokeologist
01-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Can you post a scan of the card showing the new design?

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-15-2004, 01:58 PM
it's the red V and the black cherry coke with the little red cherry, it was promotional for summer and was only found on 20oz bottles.

alot of the time, coke and pepsi will use long necks or ****ing packaging just to catch the consumers eye in commercials or advertisements, but you will never see that package.

i have a end of the year report for coke from like 1998 and they had a pile (on ice) of cherry coke 8oz bottles with the old black and red logo. you'll never see those, ever.

XLS_04
01-15-2004, 02:13 PM
that previous logo was the worst logo cherry coke ever had. i was glad when they finally updated it.

Robot
01-15-2004, 02:28 PM
this can i saw is either a promotional version of Vanilla Coke, or the new can, i dont remember what it said.. but this was done through a marketing company to one of its "consumer test" people... or whatever they are called..

apparently the can design was done, outside of the secret messages that would appear when you held it.

SURGE
01-26-2004, 12:47 AM
I orginially like the V-Coke logo becouse at the time almost all of Coke's products logos were really bad. But after seeing the Mexican/European version of V-Coke I have to admit the US one is really in need of an update.

Cokeologist
03-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Whatever happened to posting a pic of the card showing the new V-Coke design?

fusion
03-15-2004, 04:36 PM
Tremor is a marketing firm owned by Proctor and Gamble. I went to the site to see if they had anything, but you need to be a member to check stuff out. Since I'm not a teenager, I can't join.

Welcome to Tremor! (http://www.tremor.com/)

fusion
03-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Here's the new Coca-Cola Light Vanilla from Singapore:

http://www.coca-cola.com.sg/media/image/news/local/20040503_clv02.jpg

http://www.coca-cola.com.sg/media/image/news/local/20040503_clv03.gif

http://www.coca-cola.com.sg/media/image/news/local/20040503_clv01.gif

ben
03-23-2004, 02:19 AM
i like vanilla coke's graphis