PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else here crazy about Boylan's Sodas

richcapo
05-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Sugar Cane Cola is just about the most delicious thing I have ever tasted. Boylan's Creamy Red Birch Beer and Ginger Ale rock, too.

I tried China Cola per Bevnet's endorsement as the best cola ever and found it very wanting -- I was disappointed. It's better than, say, Coca Cola or Pepsi, but it's nowhere near as good as Boylan's, imo, to which Bev gave a lower score.

OT: Anyone here ever had Afri-Cola? I heard it's great.

Thanks.

_Rich

[ 05-28-2006, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: richcapo ]

Zap
05-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Boylan's makes an excellent product. I really like the Cane Cola, Black Cherry is very good, and the Grape is to die for (best grape I've had yet).

I do think Afri-Cola has an excellent flavor, and the proportions are well done. Does anyone know if it is still available here in the states? Maybe I should hang onto the last two bottles I have....

richcapo
05-28-2006, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the response. I haven't been able to find Afri anywhere on the Net. Their site isn't in English and the company has never responded to my email queries. I'd love to find some.

BTW, can you compare its taste to anything out there?

_Rich

DJ HawaiianShirt
05-28-2006, 02:39 AM
As a huge cola fan, I have to say in terms of complexity and enjoyability, Sugar Cane Cola is the best.

But it's freakin' impossible to find it anywhere! Even at the local gourmet market, I can only find Boylan's Natural Cane Cola, which is not as good.

reset man
05-28-2006, 07:41 AM
Love Boylan's also. BJ's has a 15 btl. variety pack with 5 Root Beer, 5 Orange Cream and 5 Black Cherry. All great flavors, the retail is $8.49. I can't find the Cane Cola around and might have to empty my pockets for shipping on the web. I did contact Afri Cola at one time about selling their 12oz. glass. I was told they no longer sell in the U.S. and don't plan on it any time soon. I've never tried Afri Cola but I've read nothing but good things about it.

Dr. Galaga
05-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Their Creamy Red Birch Beer is excellent. :D
But, their Cane Cola isn't too hot in my book. :(

Hacksaw
05-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Their Orange and Root Beer are top notch. I'm not so big on Boylan's Creamy Red Birch Beer. But they seem to have the best overall lineup of sodas.