PDA

View Full Version : Mid Calorie Colas

XLS_04
01-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Pepsi and Coke are both considering this sometime this year.

Pepsi LS is one name there thinking of LS (low sugar) or (low sodium). They tried this about 10 years ago and called it Pepsi XL and it failed.

I have no idea what Coke's mid calorie will be called, or even taste like, hopefully it will have a seperate taste from diet coke or regular coke.

Pepsi One is one that is getting hard to find, I read somewhere that if Pepsi does come out with this mid calorie cola they will discontinue Pepsi One.

These are only things I read online.

SamC
01-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Do you really think there are people out there saying "gee, I wish there was a cola that was 1/2 diet and 1/2 regular".

And couldn't such a person just mix the two at the fountain anyway? Or just pour 2 cans in a 24 oz cup?

I don't see it. Diet people will go for the zero calorie version, and regular people will go for the full flavor.

The only hope I could see is if Coke semi-diet is a duplicate of Coke (diet Coke is NOT really a diet version of Coke like diet everything else is a diet version of everything else, it contains a different formula). And that is limited to a few hard core Coke loyalists.

Energydude
01-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Yeah, but then again who thought bottled water would cost 10 times more than a gallon of gas!!!

fusion
01-25-2004, 12:30 AM
According to Beverage Digest, Coke has tested a mid-calorie drink under the "code name" of Ultra -- though that name will not be used when the drink is released.

http://www.beverage-digest.com/images/040123_Coke_midcal.jpg

Terry K
01-25-2004, 07:52 PM
As I understand it, Coke is actively testing this online with a particular market research firm (I can't mention the name for legal reasons), and they were the same folks who tested out Vanilla Coke (and Diet Vanilla) and once word leaked to the media...

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-25-2004, 09:12 PM
i just got word of a miller beer (MX Lite) with ELECTROYLTES. through the same deal, a marketing research firm. wonder if we'll see it....

the saint
01-25-2004, 09:56 PM
I need to find out where you buy gas energydude. mid calorie are testing in parts of the US as far as Pepsi is concerned also.

Energydude
01-25-2004, 10:04 PM
My point Saint is you can buy a bottled water at a convenience store for up to 1.29 for 12oz. That makes it nearly 10 times more expensive than gas.... crazy! Coke and Pepsi need to do something this sugared water for kids is going to come to a slow down over the next few years. Too many calories and too much sugar for kids. ;)

the saint
01-25-2004, 10:14 PM
but I am sure your drink is better for them right? if people don't want their kids to get fat like them or have rotten teeth then maybe they shouldn't buy soda for the kids. it is all the same people wnt to blame others for the fact that they sit in front of the computer or the tv and eat friggin twinkies and drink soda all night with the only exercise they get is going to the bathroom. then one day they look in the mirror and go "how did I get so fat?" "it must be so and so's fault. It can't possibly be the fact that I don't do anything but sit around on my kiester." Then some leech or umm lawyer says to them "lets sue X (fill in the name) of course it is X's fault that this happened to you. more times than most know the lawsuit is settled out of court for a fraction and X keeps its good name and moomoo gets more money to buy guess what a bigger tv and a faster computer. Probably more twinkies and hohos too.

the saint
01-25-2004, 10:18 PM
forgot to add. I see your point on the bottled water when I first read it I didnt break it down to oz. only buck and a half a bottle vs. buck and a half (here anyway) a gallon of gas.

golee1
01-25-2004, 10:27 PM
Saint, I like that reply. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Energydude
01-26-2004, 12:07 AM
I agree Saint but I don't think many parents know how harmful 3 or 4 cokes a day can be to a child.

the saint
01-27-2004, 12:18 PM
well I am sure one day some lawyers will get a huge class action sarted and they will target many companies on the healthfulness of their products. I mean look how long that it took for the lawyers/ govt to stick it to the tobacco industry. not that the two are related but the outcome will more than likely end up the same, alot of lawyers getting richer.

drpep
01-27-2004, 12:48 PM
A mid calorie Dr Pepper is in the rumor mill.