PDA

View Full Version : 18 hrs driving....finally home....with Cheerwine!

upinarms
05-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Everytime I'm in North Carolina visiting family I never forget to bring home Cheerwine. The crappy thing is that I always fly or take a train and I barely have the space to bring any back.

This time the wife and I took the beemer down, I actually wish I brought my truck because I could have fit so much more.

So this time driving our own car down, 50+ hours, 1500+ miles later we are back home with a dozen or so 12 packs of Cheerwine. Yum!

Too bad I can't find anyone in New England,I'd be buying this stuff all the time for myself, but it probably would take a bit to catch on. I'm surprised its not distributed nationwide.

Mr Zabe
05-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Outstanding haul of your beloved Cheerwine. How many cans/bottles did you drink while visiting? LOL....I bet you were doing one serving per hour.LOL:)

[ 05-29-2006, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

upinarms
05-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Wow, honestly for our 6 day trip, probably two 12 packs. Thats 4/day, and to some that not much, but for me thats way more soda than I usually average.

drpep
05-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Cheerwine can be found in western Pennsylvania below Erie and north of Pittsburgh, along I-79. I have also seen it in Warren, Pa. Maybe an evening of research on the internet can get you a source in Pa that is a closer to home.

DJ HawaiianShirt
05-29-2006, 11:24 PM
I dunno what size BMW you have, but taking your truck would have been extremely expensive for gas at that distance.

What we do for Cheerwine...

upinarms
05-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Its a 5 series, but for the most part the milage is merely ok. Friends who have owned multiple ones have always told me the milage is never that great as they were never really designed to be super fuel efficent. However, the truck would have been way worse.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw gas was $2.63 in Virginia! We are almost $3/gallon back at home.