PDA

View Full Version : No more Surge??

Folinma
12-20-2000, 07:21 PM
Today I went in to my neighborhood convienence store to get a surge and guess what ? there was none. Instead lines and lines of Mello Yello was all I saw. Lately I noticed Surge was declining and many places have been replacing it with Mello Yello. Two weeks ago there was one 12 pack of Surge left and i bought it. Since then there is no Surge in my area,Just Mello Yello ...Is Surge being dropped for good?

sodasommelier
12-20-2000, 09:55 PM
Hmmm... no Surge; no loss! Well, probably they'll drop it in most markets but keep it somewhere just to maintain the worthless trademark. Stock up if you like it! [or wait til it's at the Canned Foods Warehouse for 99ยข per 12pk]

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

boodoo
12-21-2000, 08:40 AM
Sludge is dead. As I always say about Coke: They do COKE extremely well! Nuf said?

sodasommelier
12-21-2000, 11:15 PM
Yeah, if you can find it in the glass bottle instead of merely seeing an image of it on their aluminum can or plasticoke label! The 6.5oz returnable bottle of Coke was always the best! I'll give them credit for that! Now why don't they sell it at my local store?

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

SURGE
02-06-2002, 09:35 PM
Well if you want it in glass go to Norway and buy some URGE :D
If you love SURGE gett of your butt and make it happen!

-Avery

sodasommelier
02-07-2002, 01:05 AM
Hey if you can get me a bottle cap from URGE that would be cool! I'll try most anything in glass; it's amazing what proper packaging can do for the quality and appearance and aesthesticity of a beverage.

JACK
02-07-2002, 09:03 AM
Pull the plug on the respirator...Surge is dead.

Another clone that CCNA could not force down the consumers' throat. I have still seen it on fountains but just to take up space.

The only survival of Pibb is based on Coke's exclusivity tactics.

mogrady1
02-07-2002, 02:31 PM
The bottler that i work for told me they can only sell either Surge or Mello Yello. Obviously Mello Yello has more sales and has been around longer so we went with that.

USF SPAMMER 3
07-06-2005, 12:19 AM
It is not dead!