PDA

View Full Version : New Sprite Graphics?

pepsiguy
01-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Just curious if anyone knows when the new sprite graphics are coming out, or what they will look like?

fusion
01-17-2004, 06:40 PM
They're already out.

The Sprite logo is a bit larger, and the background is darker. In the foreground are many small drawings of people participating in various sports.

I don't really care for them.

They're on cans, 1L and 20oz bottles. 2 liters and boxes should change over this summer.

They did change the caps back to blue (from white), so that is one good thing. I thought the white was too boring and like the others.

PhillySteve
01-17-2004, 07:52 PM
I bet Abarta will still use white. That's all they seem to use. Minute Maid from Philly has black caps but here it's white along with pretty much everything else.

XLS_04
01-18-2004, 02:42 PM
I seen those in 20oz. bottles. Is this a promotional thing? The font is still exactley the same.

It just doesnt make sense to have a bunch of little graphics of people playing sports on the background. It isn't Gatorade after all.

fusion
01-18-2004, 07:36 PM
These are the new graphics we've been hearing about for over a year now.

Sprite is heavily tied in with the NBA, so they are somewhat sport-related.

XLS_04
01-19-2004, 01:28 PM
well the graphics are nothing special.

i thought it was going to look like the sprite graphics in most other countries.

and example is www.sprite.de (http://www.sprite.de) if they used those graphics it would have made more sense.

SURGE
01-26-2004, 12:26 AM
Well I didn't think it was possible, but the new ones suck more than the old ones. Sprite right now is a brand that is in danger and yet Coke still wont give it a respectible logo. Every other country it seems has a far better Sprite logo. If they wanna win against Mist they are gonna have to drop the 80's look and get something fresh.

golee1
01-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Do you really think Sierra Mist is a viable competitor to Sprite?

PhillySteve
01-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Does anyone have a pic they could post. Here in Abarta territory we're a little slow getting new products. We don't even have blue caps on our Sprite now. :rolleyes:

Robot
01-26-2004, 05:09 PM
it barely is noticeably different, i imagine it wont effect the sales of sprite whatsoever.. the blue cap is cool though.

XLS_04
01-26-2004, 05:49 PM
they had the same graphics for 10 years, i would think they would give us something more modern.

i agree you can barely notice the difference, the blue cap has been on the sprite bottles here for about 3 years now.

all thats diff. is the background and the word caffeine free now has no color in it and it says no caffeine instead.

caffeine free sounded better. no caffeine sounds like bad english.

[ 01-26-2004, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

bigrich
01-26-2004, 06:21 PM
The graphics look like a kindergardner did them. I hate to say it but I would buy Mist just because of the ugly Sprite graphics.

Robot
01-26-2004, 06:22 PM
i dont buy much of the sprite/mist/7up catagory, but when I do, its never sprite..

i much prefer sierra mist of the 3, which is weird since everyone around here bashes it, but it tastes the best to me, and I prefer the "lighter" taste of 7up/mist to the heavier taste of sprite, if that makes any sense

SURGE
01-27-2004, 04:43 PM
I don't mean to say that Mist is a better brand. Simply that it sports a more attractive logo, which is sad becouse the SM logo is bad too. Only 7up really can claim to have much in the logo department. Anyways Mist will sell untill Pepsi forgets about, the uninformed masses will always buy whats cheap and on TV even if its the lowest quality me-too garbage. Sprite will remain number one but Coke ought to smarten up.

ben
03-23-2004, 03:09 AM
i love the new sprite graphics smile.gif

NLE Dan
03-23-2004, 04:44 AM
I like the Sprite Ice graphics, they should model the new sprites off of that