PDA

View Full Version : TaB in 20oz. Bottles?

Thelonious Monkey
01-18-2004, 07:50 PM
I've read in other posts that people have seen TaB in 20oz. bottles (if not recently). Does anyone have a picture of one of these? Or at least a description of what the bottle looked like? Thanks.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-18-2004, 08:06 PM
as fusion reported, it was produced by mac of mid atlantic cce, but not anymore.

teamtitan512
01-19-2004, 12:50 AM
MAC and Mid Atlantic CCE are separate entities. Mid-Atlantic CCE had Tab in 20 oz.

Shatter
01-19-2004, 02:56 AM
Yikes. Tab was bottled in 20 oz. sizes? Who in the world needed a twenty ounce serving of carcinogen cola?

Thelonious Monkey
01-19-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Shatter:
Yikes. Tab was bottled in 20 oz. sizes? Who in the world needed a twenty ounce serving of carcinogen cola? Nobody has ever established a link between saccharin and cancer in human beings, that's why the FDA ban never went through and why it had the warining labels removed.

Now back on topic: what did the product look like. I've never seen a TaB in a plastic 20oz. bottle before. I thought it had been pushed to cans only shortly after the diet Coke/NutraSweet craze of the 80's. Any pictures, or at least a description, would be greatly appreciated.

karks88
01-19-2004, 10:04 AM
I only saw a 20oz. of Tab once, that was last year. If I remember correctly, it had a white cap. It also had the standard maroon-ish label and logo.

Oh, and the bottle was clear.

Fusion has probably seen a bunch, he'd know more than me.

[ 01-19-2004, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: karks88 ]

golee1
01-19-2004, 12:24 PM
THe ones I saw came in a shrink wrapped six pack. Pretty neat looking.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-19-2004, 12:54 PM
i wonder if mid atlantic would have any outdates lying around the wharehouse. i know that with fridge packs, most of the "repacking" has been turned to cans and not plastic stuff.

coke here isn't allowed to repack stuff at stores anymore, probably due to the fragility of the fridge pack, but they say it's something about codes.

teamtitan512
01-19-2004, 09:42 PM
They had a red logo, like the TaB can, and it was on a bolt bottle w/a white cap.

The bolt bottle is Coke's bottle that is used on Mello Yello, Fanta, Minute Maid, and now Seagram's. It used to be used on Cherry Coke as well.

Thelonious Monkey
01-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Cool, that's all I wanted to know. I think they should have went with a clear Sprite bottle, which would've been most reminiscent of the old textured glass bottles (well, out of the bottles they currently use). Even the Dr Pepper Angle bottle would've looked better.

ben
03-23-2004, 03:12 AM
iv only seen TAB i a can and that was when i was in la i bought one and it tasted so bad i could barly finish it ( its never been in mami)

ilovetab
10-01-2004, 03:43 PM
I know this was an old thread, but I was searching for Tab related threads...

20oz Tabs I think are still made in the Washington, DC area. Here is a picture of one:

http://ilovetab.com/includes/packaging/20oztab.jpg

And to follow up Thelonious Monkey's post, saccharin has been "cleared" the original studies were greatly flawed.

http://ilovetab.com/meet/nutrition.html#3

Hope this helps!

Natalie aka Tabalie

Robot
10-02-2004, 02:12 PM
i can only find tab in 12 packs here in chicago, but it seems to be selling better... i know i love the stuff, its a great diet cola, better than diet coke/diet pepsi, and second only to pepsi one.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-02-2004, 04:20 PM
according to a member on this board, he said they didn't make the 20oz anymore... all we have in michigan is 12pk cans, but it is everywhere

fusion
10-02-2004, 10:23 PM
I think Natalie may be correct -- I did hear it is still sold in the DC market. I haven't been down that way in a very long time, so I can't comment.

I do know that when Silver Spring (SS) production stoped producing shinkwrapped 20oz 6packs, after CCE rolled out 24oz 6pks, we started getting Tab in 6pk cans. But we never got the loose 20oz.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-03-2004, 12:07 AM
we only have it in fridgepacks i believe. when they went fridge, they stopped 6pk cans because they could get fridgies in more places. anywhere that still wants sixpacks can ring em up themselves