PDA

View Full Version : Philly Coke Stopping Mello Yello?

karks88
01-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Looking at Philly Coke's website, it appears they no longer produce Mello Yello:

http://www.phillycoke.com

Corey
01-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Haven't Produced it for some time now!!!

karks88
01-19-2004, 12:04 PM
I could have sworn it was on there the last time I looked at their site a few months back. Maybe I was thinking of another bottler!

fusion
01-19-2004, 11:20 PM
I don't think Philadelphia ever produced Mello Yello. I do remember talking to someone who used to work at the northern Delaware bottling company that was bought out by Philadelphia, and that bottler did produce Mello Yello.. But Philadelphia dumped it.

mello yello
02-24-2004, 07:13 PM
philly had it until about 1997-8 when it disappeared from many places nationwide. Thankfully it came back in many of those places starting in 2000 with the new logo. unfortunately philly was not one of those places, and philly coke says that it doesn't sell it because there is no market for it. so, in the philly coke area it only exists in a very few fountain accounts.

fusion
02-24-2004, 10:29 PM
About the same time that Surge came out. So that makes sense. I guess since they were burned on Surge, they didn't want to go back to Mello.

XLS_04
02-25-2004, 12:48 AM
thats the same thing here, i actually think mello yello was national until Surge came out.

however Surge is only in a handful of locations now and still some places have no Mello Yello.

ben
03-23-2004, 03:32 AM
I think that coca-cola SHOULD BRING SURGE BACK it taste alot different from fanta citrus and i think that coca-cola could sell both mello yello and SURGE (because if they took away mello yello all the mello yello fans would get mad)so i hope coca-cola brings SURGE back soon across the usa (not just in "select markets"