PDA

View Full Version : New Tropicana Twister Flavor

pepsidew
06-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Citrus

supposed to be like squirt

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-01-2006, 10:40 PM
If this flavor arrives to the places where Fanta Citrus is not available... sure it will be an absolute competitive advantage...

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Is Tropicana Twister not being pulled out of stores slowly? That's what it seems like where I've been.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-01-2006, 11:19 PM
will this be national or just regional like the grape and strawberry? cuz here all we got is orange and diet

the saint
06-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Supposed to be national. Should begin to hit the shelves as early as next week.
Here in OKC we have both orange (reg and diet) and strawberry.

popologist
06-02-2006, 12:23 AM
i thought the tropicana sodas were being discontinued and replaced with slice.

CStoreCatMan
06-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Guys..how many times do we need to say...SLICE IS NOT COMING BACK!!! Any rumors you've heard can be dispelled now...I work for Pepsi and there has not been even ONE word about Slice.

On a side note, the new Trop Twister Citrus is pretty good. It has a nice grapefruit bite and a good level of carbonation. I just wish the packaging was a little nicer.

Mr Zabe
06-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Just curious.
How sweet is it and dose the grapefruit flavor seem to taste artificial or more natural? Tks

[ 06-02-2006, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

CStoreCatMan
06-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Just imagine drinking a Squirt with a little more of a bite from the carbonation...that's the best way I can think to describe it.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-02-2006, 02:20 PM
hmmm, i dont really enjoy squirt... i will have to see how this one is... i do on the other hand love citra/fanta citrus...

BATBL18
06-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Awesome news! We have no grapefruit soda in CT, besides the diet soda Fresca. We lost Fanta Citrus a year or two ago, and have no Squirt. I look at this as good news. If Pepsi releases Trop Twister Citrus everywhere than Coca Cola will more than likely make Fanta Citrus national too. Also I loved Citra/Fanta Citrus and would love to try another grapefruit soda. Maybe this one is better!

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-02-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure I've ever had a grapefruit soda that wasn't diet.

Mr Zabe
06-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Next time your in the Chicago area, try Canfield's 50/50. It's a grapefruit and lime soda pop that is sweetened with HFCS but has a real nice citrus taste that I find to be very satisfying. It's on my A List.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-02-2006, 11:13 PM
oh yes, 50/50... i havent had that in years! and to think i just got back from woodmans...

fusion
06-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Fanta Citrus aka Citra isn't diet.
Mexican Fresca isn't diet.
Squirt isn't diet.
Safeway Select grapefruit isn't diet.

[ 06-03-2006, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Look In The Tunk
06-03-2006, 01:27 AM
Great Valu (wal mart)'s grapefruit soda isn't diet.

pepsidew
06-03-2006, 09:52 AM
sorry for the bad picture, took it with my isight camera in my imac - i will try to get a better picture later with my digital camera (charging the batteries right now)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/nredman/twister.jpg

[ 06-03-2006, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: pepsidew ]

Mr Zabe
06-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Looks good to me. smile.gif
The back round sort of looks like it's from one of the older Sprit cans????

[ 06-03-2006, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jblaviback
06-03-2006, 01:50 PM
That can reminds me of the Sweet Valley Lemon lime can. Sweet Valley is a store brand sold at Aldi grocery stores.

Mr Zabe
06-03-2006, 02:23 PM
LOL
I still once a while stop at Aldi's and buy Sweet Valley soda pop. May be a few time a year. smile.gif

BATBL18
06-04-2006, 02:50 AM
(OT) How is that Sweet Valley brand? I just saw it at an Aldi and was wondering about it? Soda and other products? Anything?

Mr Zabe
06-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Sweet Vally soda pop IMO is slightly better on average or a touch better than other store brands. The Cola and Lemon soda pops lime are drinkable but nothing all that special. I do enjoy their Grape soda pop. It is tastes pretty good.

Aldi has some great buys. The quality and price make Aldi's a real life saver to people who like all of us need to stretch their money. For a good 3 years Aldi's was my main store for buying my food. The only weak area of Aldi's is their produce.

I can shop there with $30 and get enough food for a week(one person). The Aldi salsa and white corn chips are awesome. smile.gif

[ 06-04-2006, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

pepsidew
06-06-2006, 03:55 PM
so after a few cans i'd say i like it better then squirt, i find it to be smoother. i like it...i dont know how much i would buy it but i think it will do well if people try it - they should have called it tropicana squirter or something smile.gif

CStoreCatMan
06-06-2006, 05:08 PM
I totally agree pepsidew. I like it better than Squirt myself...however, I fear the packaging and the simple "citrus" name won't do the product justice. We're going to start adding it to accounts...we'll see how it goes.

[ 06-06-2006, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

Mr Nethead
06-12-2006, 07:31 PM
I found this stuff today when I went on a soda run. It's quite good. Although it's going to be compared to Squirt by pretty much everyone, this stuff is actually a little sweeter. I noticed it has orange juice concentrate when I checked the ingredients.

http://www.mr-nethead.com/images/citrus2.jpg

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-12-2006, 08:21 PM
whered you find it at? i want to get my hands on some! also, whats the bottler code?

[ 06-12-2006, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Rob The SURGE Drinker ]

royrogerswb
06-12-2006, 09:00 PM
I saw 20 oz bottles and 12 pack cans at Hess gas station in Cranston, RI

Mr Nethead
06-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Food Pride in Beaver Dam, WI.

The code is 1416BG051764.

I imagine it will be all over Wisconsin soon, if it isn't already.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-12-2006, 11:54 PM
hmmm, it was made in munster, IN. i dont like how all the stores in our city only have orange, and not anything else. i will proally have to go to beloit or something.

Cherry7Up
06-13-2006, 12:03 AM
We've only got Orange and Grape in my area, haven't checked for the Citrus. My mom buys the Orange and Grape for my nephew and I've been known to sneak a few sips. They taste fine, I just can't get past the 'Tropicana' label. Maybe because I associate juice with Tropicana, not soda.

I'll have to try the citrus though.

[ 06-12-2006, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Cherry7Up ]

hbg
06-13-2006, 08:42 PM
just got it in giant stores yesterday here in PA. 2 litre color is toatally different. like squirt

SURGE
06-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Solid soda- nice "bite" to it but I fear it will be DOA because of the packagining and Tropicana Twister association. Would have a better chance if it was just a whole new product. I do hope it sticks around though.

XLS_04
06-19-2006, 02:48 AM
I tried Trpicana Twister Citrus over the weekend and I really like the taste of it! Hopefully they will keep this flavor around for awhile.

CStoreCatMan
06-19-2006, 04:22 PM
I agree with Surge...this time! :D Great soda, good flavor...poor packaging. I also hope it sticks around...good stuff.

mjb1124
06-20-2006, 02:51 PM
I tried it last week - and yeah, it's a lot like Squirt. Maybe it's a little sweeter, but it's still too bitter for my liking. Give me Fresca or Citra/Fanta Citrus any day. Of course, this *is* the only non-diet grapefruit soda available in my area right now.

[ 06-20-2006, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: mikibacsi1124 ]

iluvsurge220
06-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
i thought the tropicana sodas were being discontinued and replaced with slice. Yeah I had heard it was being discontinued too. I dont care cause i never liked the stuff but the citrus might be worth trying.

iluvsurge220
06-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Why is it caffeine free?? Do they have another version with caffeine?

bigrich
06-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Around Indianapolis Pepsi Americas has totally discontinued Twisters. I was in Kokomo a couple a days ago and they have no Twisters from WIS-PAK. I have tried many retailers and have not been able to find any.

BATBL18
06-26-2006, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
Why is it caffeine free?? Do they have another version with caffeine? Well as you probably already know, the fruit line brand of sodas from Coke which is Fanta, is made up of all caffeine free drinks. Same philosophy for the Tropicana Twister brand sodas. Just like most of the Slice flavors were caffeine free I believe.

XLS_04
06-26-2006, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by bigrich:
Around Indianapolis Pepsi Americas has totally discontinued Twisters. I was in Kokomo a couple a days ago and they have no Twisters from WIS-PAK. I have tried many retailers and have not been able to find any. I highly doubt Pepsi would discontinue all their fruit flavored soda-pops and offer the consumers nothing as a replacement which would be forcing them to buy other brands. I would contact your local bottler and ask them.

SURGE
06-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by XLS_04:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bigrich:
Around Indianapolis Pepsi Americas has totally discontinued Twisters. I was in Kokomo a couple a days ago and they have no Twisters from WIS-PAK. I have tried many retailers and have not been able to find any. I highly doubt Pepsi would discontinue all their fruit flavored soda-pops and offer the consumers nothing as a replacement which would be forcing them to buy other brands. I would contact your local bottler and ask them. </font>[/QUOTE]I would be surprised if Indianapolis did but not Wis-Pak- they are pretty independent minded and willing to work their own agenda. Lets not forget that Fanta is not carried by all bottlers and until recently was unavailible in many areas. Problem with products like Fanta and esp. Twister is that there are so many flavors that require tons of space but few sell very quickly at all.

Mr Zabe
06-27-2006, 06:12 PM
IMO...If the products were greatly improved,space would not be an issue(I know I just stated the obvious). My point is for some reason,the powers that be at Coke and Pepsi have pretty much decided that these brands are not worth improving. Sad,I would love to buy a kick A$s Grape Fanta or Orange Fanta. As it is now, Fanta IMO rhymes with Crapa. LOL

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-28-2006, 12:48 AM
hmmm... we are normally serviced by WIS-PAK Watertown, WI, and they only carry orange and diet orange... Today, i went into a little family owned gas station, and they had 20's of orange and Citrus! i grabbed a couple of citruses, and i have to say, now with coke discontinuing Fanta citrus in my area, this stuff can satisify my cravings for it, even though it is not exactly the same, it seems like a mix between citra and squirt. i wondered if it was just that store that had it, so i went to another family owned store and they had it too, and then i went to a franchise BP, and all they had were the standard Orange... the production code was the same as the stuff nethead found

killjimmy
07-05-2006, 02:00 AM
i got some over the weekend in st louis and i like it a lot, way better than squirt...i probably still like fresca better but they aren't at all the very same.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-16-2006, 10:56 AM
I just tried the stuff yesterday, and to me it tastes like HFCS with yellow 5.

I mean it's not horrible, but it's really just a non-descript citrus soda. I would recommend any of the competitors (Dew, Vault, Sundrop, etc.) before this.

BTW you can't really compare this to Fresca or Squirt, because it's not a grapefruit soda.

pepsidew
07-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by bigrich:
Around Indianapolis Pepsi Americas has totally discontinued Twisters. I was in Kokomo a couple a days ago and they have no Twisters from WIS-PAK. I have tried many retailers and have not been able to find any. wispak still has twisters

bigrich
07-17-2006, 12:09 AM
I have recently spotted Twisters back in Indianapolis but they are not made here anymore and they are shipped in from PAS Austin, IN. I was in Kokomo a couple of days ago, and their Pepsi Company does not stock any Twisters at all. They get all their product from WIS-PAK, but 30 other bottlers do too. So I guess WIS-PAK bottles it and Logansport/Kokomo Pepsi choses not to sell it. I would like to try the new flavor but PAS does not have it here.

killjimmy
07-17-2006, 10:12 PM
BTW you can't really compare this to Fresca or Squirt, because it's not a grapefruit soda. BTW i can, because it tastes way more like either of those than mountain dew or vault.

jmyjunk
07-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Just bought a 2 litre of the the new Flavor. Not bad at all. I found it to have a high carbonation, and it was not too sweet. Very similar to Squirt.