PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite long gone soda is here.

drpep
01-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Check out www.sodafavorites.com (http://www.sodafavorites.com) You want a 2 liter bottle of Crystal Pepsi? Yours for only $150.09. How about a can of Coke II? Got $31.97?
12 pack of Storm Light? No problem if $400.00 is burning a hole in your pocket.

Shatter
01-22-2004, 01:56 AM
Looks like the site is down right now. Crap. I could go for a nice, cold, decade-old Crystal Pepsi.

drpep
01-22-2004, 11:50 AM
I followed a link from the front page of savesurge.org.
Try http://store.sodafavorites.com

PhillySteve
01-22-2004, 12:35 PM
They have some nice stuff although it's a little too rich for my blood. Some questions though:

When and what was Pepsi Boom? and

Mello Yello Afterglow was made in cans?

karks88
01-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah I was wondering what Pepsi Boom was too. Must have been a test market.

I've had some e-mail conversations with the owner of the site. It looks like he's got a nice selection!

XLS_04
01-22-2004, 02:35 PM
nice selection but alot of the products are outdated and you cant drink them, so what is the point?

i can go on ebay and find the same thing cheaper.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-22-2004, 03:10 PM
if i were a moron, then maybe i'd pay 500 bucks for a 20oz of some expired stuff.

i think, with these prices, you just gotta stop collecting and let people like him win. my god, this is insane.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-22-2004, 03:13 PM
pepsi boom seems to be a high caffeine cola, like RC Edge.

Cheer-wined
01-22-2004, 06:40 PM
INSANE is right. Almost $1 for a can of regular Coke or Pepsi? Wooo-hooo!

Hacksaw
01-23-2004, 05:38 PM
WOW. It IS a little pricey, especially for products I can go down the street & buy off the shelf! $3.99 for a 2 liter of Fanta Grape!?!?!? :rolleyes:

It DOES give a picture of some flavors not found around here, though.

teamtitan512
01-25-2004, 08:47 PM
I gotta admit, I don't see that much rare stuff, the only things I see that you can't get anywhere anymore are Surge, and Mr. Green. I think some places still have Pepsi Blue. Prices are insane. Who in their right mind is stupid enough to order Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, and other stuff always sold in area markets. I don't see how that could be profitable, considering no one would buy the stuff.

golee1
01-25-2004, 09:00 PM
I saw some Pepsi Blue at a Deno's FootMart today. IT went out of date in October 2003.

golee1
01-25-2004, 09:05 PM
Anyone else notice they've got Josta listed in the Coke section?

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-25-2004, 09:08 PM
yeah i noticed that. what abunch of winners.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-25-2004, 09:08 PM
i have a josta cooler sticker. i just found it.

drpep
01-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
I gotta admit, I don't see that much rare stuff, the only things I see that you can't get anywhere anymore are Surge, and Mr. Green.
What about Storm and Storm Light?

MISTICman
02-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Hey guys, thinnk of it this way...
For some of those unfortunate enough to live down here in central NC, we don't have a large selection of sodas. I have to go to Danville VA to get Big Red. Barq's is not available in bottles or cans here. In Danville, Berry Fanta was gone after one month! I would give anything to get Barq's or Fantaberry. For me, $6.99 for a 12-pk does not sound unreasonable for me (as long as it's in date). S&H might cost me, but even though I hate to order food by mail, I'm actually tempted to get the Berry Fanta. That was GOOD stuff!

Cheer-wined
02-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by MISTICman:
For some of those unfortunate enough to live down here in central NC, we don't have a large selection of sodas. Well, I live in central NC and I disagree with that. I think we have some of the best variety that I've seen, anywhere. In addition to strong Coke and Pepsi bottlers (CCBCC is #2 for Coke and PBV is #3 for Pepsi) the third tier is very strong with Sundrop and Cheerwine bottlers, and there's even a respectable 4th tier. Consider all the variety that you can find just within a 50-60 mile radius of the Triad: Fanta 5 flavors, Sunkist 5 flavors, Nehi 3 flavors, all varieties of Sundrop and Cheerwine, NuGrape, Red Rock, Hires, MY Afterglow, 10+ kinds of glass longnecks from West Jefferson, Boylans, etc. ... the list goes on. Coke, Pepsi and DPSU all have pretty complete lineups, except for Barq's (never understood that one) and Squirt (Independent uses Wink instead.) If I remember correctly, some VA counties further to the west of Danville (Grayson/Carroll/Wythe) carry Barq's in FPs from CCBCC Roanoke. I know I've seen it somewhere along I-77 in VA but don't remember exactly where.
Just my 10ยข deposit's worth. smile.gif

DJ Brian
02-06-2004, 10:53 PM
I love travelling to NC to buy soda, it's got such diversity. MISTICman just needs to rent a car and go a couple miles smile.gif

DPDude
02-07-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by MISTICman:
Hey guys, thinnk of it this way...
For some of those unfortunate enough to live down here in central NC, we don't have a large selection of sodas. I have to go to Danville VA to get Big Red. Barq's is not available in bottles or cans here. In Danville, Berry Fanta was gone after one month! I would give anything to get Barq's or Fantaberry. For me, $6.99 for a 12-pk does not sound unreasonable for me (as long as it's in date). S&H might cost me, but even though I hate to order food by mail, I'm actually tempted to get the Berry Fanta. That was GOOD stuff! Have you ever tried the other Big Red flavor Big Peach?

chrisok
02-07-2004, 03:52 AM
Big Peach is fantastic. It's easily my favorite peach soda.

Cheer-wined
02-07-2004, 09:29 AM
The local distributor who carries Big Red has Big Peach too, and I agree that it's a very good soda. I still like Nehi Peach better, but Big Peach is a close second. I've read that there's a Big Punch too but never tried that one.

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-08-2004, 06:55 PM
there is a big punch. to my recollection, it is not good.

Hacksaw
02-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Hey, if you store some 2 liter products that become discontinued maybe you can sell them for a lot of $$$, like Crystal Pepsi here!! ;)

Now, that's REALLY investing in soda futures!

boilermaker
02-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
if i were a moron, then maybe i'd pay 500 bucks for a 20oz of some expired stuff.
Just go to the store and find some Jones languishing around - much cheaper.

aschamen
10-04-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Hacksaw:
Hey, if you store some 2 liter products that become discontinued maybe you can sell them for a lot of $$$, like Crystal Pepsi here!! ;)

Now, that's REALLY investing in soda futures! Yeah. Good idea. Mountain Dew Pitch Black (http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/mountain_dew_pitch_black/) comes to mind. Boy, how I wish I stocked up on Josta way back when. At $20 a CAN, imagine the profits.

Hacksaw
10-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Still no Fanta Red Cream listed. :(

But what is Sapaya? Or Pomelo? Yes, Fanta Chili is there under special orders. And for those of you who miss Fanta Squash Punch there's Fanta Cucumber Melon.

And they do have Fruitopia Grape Beoyond.

ilovetab
10-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Well, Tab is not available anywhere near me, so I am glad that they sell it smile.gif

[ 10-05-2004, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: ilovetab ]

chrisok
10-05-2004, 09:33 PM
I bet pwclub.com sells Tab. Odds are, it's probably cheaper too.

ilovetab
10-06-2004, 12:21 AM
thanks for the suggestion, ... i found one item that *might* be Tab, and i am contacting pwclub to confirm! smile.gif

arg.... they have no email address on their site! i guess i will call them tomorrow (of course, they have no 1-800 number).

[ 10-05-2004, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: ilovetab ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-06-2004, 02:43 PM
where do they not sell TAB?

Coke04
10-06-2004, 05:30 PM
A lot of places. In case you haven't noticed, it isn't exactly the best-selling diet pop anymore.

ilovetab
10-06-2004, 05:31 PM
PW Club doesn't answer their phones!!!!!!

They don't sell Tab anywhere in the Bay Area, NY city, Kansas, anywhere in Canada, getting hard to find in parts of LA and San Diego (part of a bottling strike), parts of North Carolina, parts of upstate NY, etc. Plus, in every other market, there is not ENOUGH Tab--Tab buyers constantly have to deal with empty shelves, having to wait and/or come back for Tab to be restocked, etc. We are so "stingy" with our Tab, that though we want to recruit new drinkers, we are also very afraid since all of our supplies are so dear to us.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-06-2004, 05:45 PM
maybe fusion would know this, but would coke simply sell to a personal customer?

ilovetab
10-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Coke only makes the syrups and concentrates, and they have contracts with bottlers... the bottlers then decide which products to produce and carry. unfortunately coke will not deal directly with customers (and so far i haven't been able to find a bottler that will deal directly with a customer either).