PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Limeade

PhillyCoke
06-06-2002, 10:22 PM
I was at Wally World and picked up a six pack of IBC Cherry Limeade. I have heard that flavor mentioned on the board before.. But who else makes it? It's got a pretty good taste, in my book.

sodasommelier
06-07-2002, 03:48 AM
Yeah but the fact that they sent it straight to Wal Mart instead of at least giving their true distributors a fair chance at launching it shows that they just don't have any respect for the people who actually have built their brand; i.e. those who made Wally even aware of its existence.

I say that we should all enjoy a Frostie Cherry Limeade (the original) to show them what we think of their blind loyalty to Wally World!

Shatter
06-07-2002, 08:46 AM
IBC makes a cherry limeade? Cool! I hope it's good. I've always liked their Root Beer and Cream Soda, but their Cherry Cola was pretty weak, and i've never much liked their Black Cherry, either. I hate to go into Wallyworld, so it might be a while before I get to try one.

I know there's a drink called Old Tyme's Cherry Lime Rickey out there. It's pretty good. It has caffeine in it for absolutely no reason. A Super Target/Archer Market store nearby used to carry it until recently. They've condensed their non-alcoholic drinks area lately, getting rid of some of their slower movers. It's too bad, I liked Cherry Lime Rickey.

I know that 7-11 has recently put Sunkist Cherry Limeade into their soda fountains. Haven't seen it in any other form, though. Just fountains.

boodoo
06-07-2002, 08:50 AM
Go directly to Sonic and order a "Route 44" Cherry Limeade! Made with real limes and cherries right in your cup!

JACK
06-07-2002, 11:19 AM
Cherry LimeAdes outsell Coke at Sonic and Braums. 7-Eleven in OKC also sells in on fountain and I have seen that Sunkist has one too.

chrisok
06-07-2002, 01:57 PM
The cherry limeaid in the OKC 7-11s is pretty good too. I have also seen Slice Cherry Limeaid in fountains around OKC as well.

shawn2
06-07-2002, 08:58 PM
try Old Tyme, Frostie and Whooppee. Cherry Limeade rocks!

sodasommelier
06-07-2002, 11:06 PM
Yeah, and the Stephans Raspberry Lime Rickey is pretty good as well!

PhillyCoke
06-09-2002, 01:38 AM
I'm in the mid-atlantic, no Sonic here.

But speaking of 7-11, they had signs up for the new frozen Blue Dew.. but they didn't have it in the machine (just regular Dew).

[ 06-09-2002, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: PhillyCoke ]

SURGE
06-11-2002, 06:10 PM
They have a blue Dew? I thought it was blue Pepsi?

-Avery

PhillyCoke
06-11-2002, 10:03 PM
blue Dew is just a Slurpee flavor. smile.gif

Shatter
06-12-2002, 10:10 AM
I bought some of IBC's new Cherry Limeade, and I have to say it's pretty good! It's a little heavier on the cherry and lighter on the lime than my usual Frosty's Cherry Limeade. IBC really did well with this one.

Speaking of IBC, why isn't their line reviewed at BevNet? If they'll review Surge and Josta, why not IBC?

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-30-2002, 06:34 PM
where can the IBC version of this be found?

Tom

Shatter
07-01-2002, 07:37 AM
I've only seen it at Wal-Mart stores. Haven't ever seen it anywhere else yet.

BottleBoss
07-01-2002, 07:59 AM
I have not seen it anywhere yet. I can't wait to try it though. It sounds like it is good.

sodasommelier
07-02-2002, 12:26 AM
Yeah, well.. wait til it's available elsewhere other than WALMART. You really don't want to support them; they only even carry something like that because competition still exists. If WALMART bankrupts everyone out there they'll just have a generic plastic bottle with a label that says "soda" and it'll be that or no soda for you. Of course this is just my opinion. They may surprise us all and actually offer a constantly vast variety of innovative drinks. But I'm not willing to gamble that this is the case...

boodoo
07-02-2002, 07:31 AM
Yeah but at least we get to drink "soda" while we get our tires rotated and balanced!

sodasommelier
07-03-2002, 12:44 AM
Oh yeah... forgot to mention... once they get rid of all of the automotive service competition they won't probably balance or rotate for free anymore and you won't even be able to afford that 'soda'; although at that point the 'soda' they offer probably won't be worth spending money on anyway!!

boodoo
07-03-2002, 07:17 AM
Great, now you go and ruin the only good reason to visit Wally World. Thanks SS!

sodasommelier
07-03-2002, 09:37 AM
Hey boodoo... it goes one step further. Once they're the only gig in town they can have 'shortages' whenever they want because hey, where else can you go if they don't have something. So you'd be in line dying of thirst waiting for tires and happy to bribe them to charge you to install and/or balance or rotate them before the hundreds in front of you!

In the Soviet Union, windshield wiper blades were so scarce and expensive that people had to remove them from their wipers whenever they parked, kind of like some people take their stereo out with them here; for fear that passersby would otherwise steal them. Go Wally!

boodoo
07-03-2002, 03:49 PM
That kind of reminds me of a trip I took to New York a few years ago. All along the street I saw parked cars with passenger side window stickers that said "no stereo, please don't break glass". I thought it was very sweet for the folks in New York to be so polite to would-be thieves!

When the evil corporate giants buy up all the great innovative brands and I have to find another job I think I will be greeter at Wally World. "Need a buggy"

PhillyCoke
07-07-2002, 08:33 PM
Wally is now hawking IBC's Tangerine Cream. I haven't had a chance to try it, though I did grab a six pack the other day.

sodasommelier
07-07-2002, 10:35 PM
Yeah, they got that and the cherry limeade. All of us distributors just had to look at the pallets at the bottlers and not be able to buy them. This is a major incentive to push other brands; if I worked for Cadbury I'd only allow Wally World to buy it in cans or plastic.

fusion
05-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Just bringing an old topic to the top.

Coke/Minute Maid is now producing Cherry Limeade in refrigerated 64oz cartons. It's not too bad, actually.

I added some Sprite to a glass of it for a slightly different taste, too.