PDA

View Full Version : Cool Packs have hit Southern California (NOT Coke/Pepsi)

Terry K
01-22-2004, 06:57 PM
You read this right, Coke and Pepsi haven't launched Fridge Packaging yet, but DPSUBG has.

7up of Southern California just launched Cool Packs as of today.

I've seen RC, Diet Rite, 7up, dnL, A&W, and so on all in this new packaging.

http://www.salutetosoda.com/rcctp.jpg
http://www.salutetosoda.com/displaycp.jpg

[ 01-22-2004, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Terry K ]

Ron Swedelson
01-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Nor. Cal has Coke fridge packs, few months now.

teamtitan512
01-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Terry, what market is that in the picture? I'm a retail fanatic (For those that don't know I own the Yahoo! group Remembering Retail).

Looks like in the picture 7Up is in conventional boxes still, and that the dnL might be as well. Should be seeing these through all DPSUBG bottlers, meaning ABC and DP of Texas should roll these out sometime soon, I'd think.

Terry K
01-23-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
Terry, what market is that in the picture? I'm a retail fanatic (For those that don't know I own the Yahoo! group Remembering Retail).

Looks like in the picture 7Up is in conventional boxes still, and that the dnL might be as well. Should be seeing these through all DPSUBG bottlers, meaning ABC and DP of Texas should roll these out sometime soon, I'd think. I took the picture at a FoodsCo (known as Food 4 Less south of here, owned by Kroger) in Bakersfield this afternoon. Note that 7up (look toward the top around the price of 2.98) is in C12 packs, as well as regular 12 pks. I've seen the other flavours in other places in C12, (the dnL was spotted at Smart & Final, where the RC was found)

Note: Sprint PCS camera phones rock for this kind of stuff.

Ron
01-23-2004, 05:31 PM
They suck! i just bought myself some kitchen floor shelving that ws just the right size for holding 2 12 packs each. The fridge packs stick out too far to use!
I also had a fridge pack break open on me when I tried to put in in the car trunk, spewing cans all over and under other cars.