PDA

View Full Version : Sunkist Cherry Limeade

shadowlp06
06-06-2006, 04:52 AM
I know it doesn't compare, and nothing will compare to Sonic's Cherry Limeade, but I was at a local supermarket and came across Sunkist Cherry Limeade. I had never seen it before and the packaging didn't say it was a new item, but I tried it. It actually was quite good. I went home and got it nice and cold by putting it in the freezer then the fridge, and I have to say I was impressed. Nothing like Sonic, but a great tasting beverage I thought...Anyone seen this in your area...are there any other Sunkist flavors out there besides Orange?

fusion
06-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Orange, Diet Orange and Fruit Punch here, and around Atlanta they carry practically every flavor. Orange, Diet Orange, Grape, Fruit Punch, Pineapple, Peach, and Strawberry. Pepsi has Sunkist there.

I have also seen some of the flavors in pockets of NC from the Pepsi guys.

[ 06-06-2006, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Cheer-wined
06-07-2006, 11:04 PM
http://home.triad.rr.com/coolmoon/Sunkist.jpg
there are 8 different Sunkist flavors and 2 diets.
Pictured above are:
lemonade, diet lemonade canned by ABC, Northlake, IL
fruit punch, pineapple, grape - PBG Valdosta, GA
orange, strawberry, peach - Buffalo Rock
diet orange - PBV Garner, NC
cherry limeade - DPSUBG Texas

Notice that orange is the only one that doesn't have the flavor printed on the can.

[ 09-11-2006, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]

Mr Zabe
06-07-2006, 11:40 PM
What a appetizing picture. I would love to have these flavors in Chi Town. All we have is orange. :(

jstylzz78
06-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Here in Salt Lake, I've only run across Orange (regular and diet) and Cherry Limeade.

PepsiBlue
06-09-2006, 12:51 AM
All I see in philly, is orange, diet orange, and sometimes fruit punch

The King
06-09-2006, 07:05 AM
I remember back in the late 80's that Sunkist had a GREAT lemon soda. Sadly it seems to have faded into obscurity, so much so that I can't even find info on it anywhere. I don't know if the Lemondade is carbonated, but if it is, that might just be what they used to have out here. I loved that stuff...

Out here in So Cal we only have Regular and Diet Orange and Regular Cherry Limeade.

thechamp76
06-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Sunkist lemonade is carbonated. We have both lemonade and diet lemonade, as well as orange and diet orange in Iowa. Wish we had the other flavors too!!

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-12-2006, 11:41 PM
i was gonna say, i picked up the diet lemonade in fridge packs from ABC in ames, iowa

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-13-2006, 12:04 AM
here i can get lemonade, diet lemonade, grape, orange, diet orange.

Cheer-wined
06-13-2006, 10:39 PM
In Raleigh NC today I saw orange, diet orange, strawberry, grape, cherry limeade. The cherry limeade came to PBV by way of the indy Pepsi bottler in Florence, SC (code AV... they were bought out by Carolina Canners last year).

[ 06-14-2006, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]

Free Man
11-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Anyone seen Sunkist Lemonade in the Atlanta area and if so at what store(s)? I go through Atlanta and thoght it would be nice to pick some up if I can find it.

jerr2429
11-05-2006, 07:26 PM
can you get cherry limeadein northern va

Blue Efficacy
11-06-2006, 04:49 AM
Is there anywhere all flavors of sunkist are availible? And furthermore, do they all have caffeine?

Mr Zabe
11-06-2006, 06:15 AM
Sunkist Lemonade has caffeine as does Sunkist Orange. I'm not sure about the other flavors.

jdavidb
11-06-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm pretty sure I checked the Cherry Limeade and it did not have caffeine, or I'd be drinking it. But I might have been wrong.

Mr Zabe
11-06-2006, 12:13 PM
I checked the Sunkist Website, all the Sunkist Soda Pop's contain caffeine. Here is a consumer reports article about foods with caffeine.

Consumer Reports Caffeine Article (http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/babies-kids/caffeinated-kids-703/caffeine-where-is-it-hiding/index.htm)

[ 11-06-2006, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

rackitup
11-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
I checked the Sunkist Website, all the Sunkist Soda Pop's contain caffeine. Here is a consumer reports article about foods with caffien[/URL] The ingredientslisted on my can of Sunkist Cherry Limeade R, Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Natural and artificial flavors, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate,(preservative),Red 40, Yellow 5.
7 Up/RC Bottling Co. of So Cal Inc.

Cheer-wined
11-16-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm not aware of a single market where all flavors are available. PBG around Atlanta has everything except the lemonades, which are produced by ABC in the midwest. If you live in an area where a Pepsi bottler has the Sunkist franchise then you'll stand a better chance of finding more flavors - in the south C-S bottlers usually push other brands like Welch's (grape, strawberry), Nehi (peach) and even Big Pineapple in front of the Sunkist equivalents.

CornflakeGirl
10-01-2007, 10:47 AM
I emailed the company through their website and I received the following response:

October 1, 2007
Dear CornflakeGirl:

Thank you for contacting us about Sunkist Cherry Limeade. Your comments and inquiries are appreciated because they provide valuable feedback about our brands.

In response to your inquiry, Sunkist limeade has 41 mg of caffeine.

We appreciate you contacting us and hope you will continue to enjoy our brands.

For additional information about our brands, please visit our web site at Customer Contact Form (http://www.brandspeoplelove.com).

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations

010000288A

rsg
04-09-2008, 01:32 AM
My wife has been drinking Sunkist Cherry Limeade (thinking it is caffeine-free), so when I went searching on the internet for info I was surprised to see Cornflake Girl's posting indicating that it had caffeine. I submitted my own question to Sunkist and got the following response:

April 8, 2008
Dear Mr. Giordano:

Thank you for contacting us about Sunkist Cherry Limeade. Your comments and inquiries are appreciated because they provide valuable feedback about our brands.

The following is a list of our products and their caffeine amounts:

The following is a list of our caffeine-free soft drink brands:

7 UP (all flavors)
A&W Root Beer
Canada Dry (all flavors)
Country Time Lemonade
Crush (all flavors)
Diet Rite (all flavors)
Dr Pepper Caffeine Free
Hawaiian Punch (all flavors)
Hires (Regular and Diet)
RC Caffeine Free
Schweppes (all flavors)
Squirt (Regular and Diet)
Sundrop Caffeine Free
Sunkist Strawberry

Sunkist Cherry Limeade

Sunkist Grape
Sunkist Pineapple
Sunkist Fruit Punch
Sunkist Peach
Tahitian Treat
Vernors (Regular and Diet)
Welch's (all flavors)

Wink

We appreciate you contacting us and hope you will continue to enjoy our brands.

For additional information about our brands, please visit our web site at Customer Contact Form (http://www.brandspeoplelove.com).

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations

010137442A

jcourcha
10-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Just to clarify...

October 17, 2008
Dear Mr. C:

We would like to advise you that the Sunkist Cherry Limeade product does not contain any caffeine in it.

Our Company has been making great brands that make a splash for more than 100 years. We are proud of our family of products and are committed to providing a wide range of choices for all individuals.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We hope that you will continue to purchase and enjoy our products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations

010292385A