PDA

View Full Version : Mnt Dew Baha Blast

Tone
06-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Alone this stuff is alright but compliented with a nice taco or burrito from Taco Bell and its quite delicious. If you dont know you can only get it at Taco Bell. What do you guys think? And why havent they released it other then just at taco bell?

yankees26mlb
06-08-2006, 01:15 AM
its probably got a contract with taco bell only or something.... and t-bell isn't gonna give it up

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-08-2006, 01:41 AM
I didn't like the Taco Bell taco... I better stay with my tacos al pastor with guacamolito :D

[ 06-08-2006, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-08-2006, 01:56 AM
ramon, after growing up not hving tried a real homecooked taco, i was brainwashed into thinking that taco bell was good... but no, when i had my first Real taco cooked up at a little family owned place across town, i cant stand taco bell... and i have never tried baha blast...

upinarms
06-08-2006, 02:06 PM
I love Baja Blast, very crisp and refreshing. I wish it was outside of Taco Bell, though.

I can't lie, I love Taco Bell but it is the furthest thing from real Mexican, but still damn good and cheap.

iluvsurge220
06-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Taco Bell is good and Baja Blast is pretty good too. This has nothing to do with pop but has anyone tried the new Ultimate Chalupa?

Mr Zabe
06-10-2006, 10:19 AM
I will on occasion eat a Taco Bell meal. I like the soft tacos with no cheese. The burritos are ok. I used to eat them after a good night of partying.

Now a days when I see Taco Bell adds on TV, they sort of make me sick. The food looks too perfect and too made up by a commercial food artist.

I have no problems with soda pop adds. LOL I love it when they show carbonation bubble cascading out from a nice tall glass. LOL

Baja Blast is the only other Pepsi non cola soda pop besides MD that I really enjoy. I so wish I could buy a fridge pack of it to savor this summer. smile.gif

[ 06-10-2006, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

upinarms
06-10-2006, 09:44 PM
The Ultimate Chalupa is OK. It only comes in chicken or steak though. I prefer the softer shelled Gorditas anyway.

SURGE
06-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Not entirely related but-
I read an article somewhere recently that said that Coke was inviting major resturant companies to send a rep to Atlanta where a new team of flavor chefs will help "customize" a pre-existing flavor- which is then made exclusive to that resturant (I'm sure lots of money is involved). Obviously Pepsi must be considering something similar. Clearly Blast is not part of something like this but it is interested that we will see more and more of these resturant exclusives in the future (atleast from Coke)

More on topic I enjoy Baja Blast and have always thought that with a name change it could be a better seller than Livewire, Red, or Pitch Black.

The Doomite
06-22-2006, 01:10 AM
I personally really like Baja Blast, especially during the spring and summer months. A Grilled Stuft Burrito combo and a large Baja Blast go great together on a summer afternoon. I can see both sides of getting Baja Blast bottled outside of Taco Bell. The plus side is that you could get a 12 pack whenever you wanted one. On the other hand, if Baja Blast WERE available outside Taco Bell, it might not be quite the same to drink a can or bottle without some Taco Bell food to go with it. BTW, I was born in south Texas and now live in New Mexico, so I also know what real Mexican food is like. That having been said, Taco Bell still rocks in my book. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

Tons O' Fun
06-22-2006, 12:14 PM
that is the only reason i got to taco bell

skifdank
06-25-2006, 06:01 PM
I too am guilty of eating taco bell, and am also a huge fan of the Baja Blast. I got a chance to speak to a regional manager from Yum Inc last week in Lexington, and inquired about the beverage. He voiced his frustration this beverage causes in some areas. Apparently multiple brand restaurants, like Taco Bell-Pizza Hut, are having storage issues as Baja Blast outsells others by so much some stores have had to compromise or recalculate their stocking habits.

[ 06-25-2006, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: skifdank ]

jacksmom
06-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi - new here - I'm also a huge fan of Baja Blast, but I wonder how much of that is the fact that it is so much harder to get because it's not sold in stores. I've found that a lot of drinks I really liked in the beginning (i.e. Vault) when it was hard to find, but as it became more mainstream my taste for it kind of went away. That being said, however, I do still wish they would sell Baja Blast mainstream - I'm not a fan of mexican food, so I don't often make it to Taco Bell.

David J.
08-21-2006, 11:58 PM
The only thing from Taco Bell I like are the soft Taco's with no lettuce. So I don't dine there much. But I stopped there today for a couple of soft tacos and a drink. A small drink is more than a soft taco!

Anyway, I got Baha Blast, and it was awful. Tasted like Pepsi Blue Redux.

Tri-Magnum
08-22-2006, 10:58 AM
I've had baja blast once and it really reminded me of a ramune drink.

mjb1124
08-22-2006, 02:26 PM
There's a Taco Bell at my favorite mall's food court, so a lot of the time, I'll get a Baja Blast from TB and then get something to eat elsewhere.

BRH
08-25-2006, 10:54 AM
I definately agree that "Baja Blast" is great and I really wish they'd bottle it at some point in the future. It is by far my favorite Mtn Dew flavor (including the original), and I often drive through Taco Bell for a large Baja Blast even when I'm not eating there. It's that good. It is certainly better than any of the other Mtn. Dew offshoots (Live Wire, Code Red, etc.). The only other one of these Mtn. Dew flavors that I kind of liked was the sour "Pitch Black 2" from last year. But I would definately buy "Baja Blast" if it were made available in bottles or cans. Also, it must be pretty popular since it's been in Taco Bell for a couple of years now. I think Mtn. Dew has a hit on their hands and know it, but maybe tied into some exclusive contract with Taco Bell.

juniorjin
08-31-2006, 02:52 AM
well i'm not 100% sure but i believe that pepsico actually used to own Taco Bell and is not a spin-off from PepsiCo. So it's not surprising that Pepsi made a drink exclusively for Taco Bell. Haha, we won't get baja blast going to Taco Del Mar, Mighty Taco, taco time and other chains.

I really enjoyed Baja Blast. The limeish fruity tropical flavour really appeals to me. I just was never a fan of Mountain Dew.