PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard anything new about Sprite Ice being released in the U.S.?

SplitLevelP
06-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Here we are in the second week of june and still no news about it's U.S. release. However I saw this from wikipedia that at end hints about US rollout in 2006. Makes me wonder if we are the info source.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Sprite Ice was the first flavor extension for The Coca-Cola Company's Sprite brand soft drink. It has a hint of mint, which Coca-Cola says gives it "maximum refreshment." Sprite Ice first became available in Canada and Belgium in 2003. Sprite Ice is packaged in clear blue-capped plastic bottles with blue and silver graphics. It is also available in 12-can packages.

Mint flavored Sprite made its debut in Korea in 2002 as Sprite Blue, and as Sprite Ice in Canada and Australia (For a brief period of time from 2003 - 2004) and Sprite Ice Cube in Belgium in 2003. Sprite Ice Blue was introduced in Italy and China in 2004, and in Chile on the summer of 2005. It is also sold in Japan as Sprite X.

Sprite Ice is rumored to be coming to the United States in the summer of 2006

popologist
06-11-2006, 09:14 AM
a hint of mint might actually work with sprite... so long as it's not too strong.

i believe that trident makes a mint & vanilla flavored gum, and it's pretty good.

fusion
06-11-2006, 01:37 PM
I haven't heard a peep about it. The Sprite/Sprite Zero relaunch is the big focus right now, so I doubt they'll want any line extensions to take away from that at the moment. Maybe this fall, in time the for the holidays?

Popboy
06-12-2006, 01:01 AM
A hint of Mint? LOL... that stuff tasted like Sprite with a hint of Listerine. Coca Cola most likely will reformulate it before any type of US release.

SURGE
06-18-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm willing to bet that this gets pushed to next summer/spring. Like Fusion said, the relaunch seems to be the main focus ATM. I do think that we will see some cool stuff from Sprite now that Coke has invested a bit in the brand.

DMC
06-19-2006, 02:15 PM
no, it's suppose to be july. we've got samples at the plant, and it's pretty awful.