PDA

View Full Version : Silly Zabe Question

Mr Zabe
09-11-2005, 12:49 PM
My favorite bottle water is on the best sale I have ever seen. A six pack of 16.9oz is on sale for $0.77. That's right, 77 cents a six pack.

I want to buy enough 6 packs to fill the trunk of my beloved Nissan Maxima. May be 8 cases or so.
Can I leave the cases in my trunk during the remaining hot days? Will the heat change the taste of the water?

The brand on sale is Crystal Geiser. I must say it is the best tasting,smoothest bottle water I have ever tasted. LOL

[ 09-11-2005, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

boodoo
09-11-2005, 09:26 PM
The heat will not affect the taste of the water. It may however cause the plastic to degrade and that would change the taste. It may also loosen the seals.

Mr Zabe
09-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Thanks I appreciate your help.
I will bring the cases of water in my Cave House.

Christian Prickett
09-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Agreed on the liner/cap seals. Most 28 mm PCO finish caps have a F217 foam liner that can stand temps in the upper 110's F. Once you get to the 120 or constant heat tems the glue holding the liners will fail.

Then comes the fun part of expansion. All plastic breathes. The hotter the temp, the more plastic will breathe and the better chance of what we call seal failure. You won't notice the bottle are empty, however there may be pirsiration (I can't spell, nor do I care too on the Bev Board) on the sides and bottom of the bottles. Remember the bottles of water already made a long distance trip to your store, the longer they are in storage without coolant, the worse off they COULD be.

Best bring in the bottles to the cave.

drpep
09-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Christian Prickett:
pirsiration (I can't spell, nor do I care too on the Bev Board) Geez :eek: , at least try
;)

SaveCitra
09-12-2005, 09:39 PM
As long as it doesn't taste like deer park (completely plastic-like).

iluvsurge220
09-13-2005, 12:39 AM
OH YEAH!!!!! You're the man (or woman) SaveCitra!! Take that Dew Diehards!!