PDA

View Full Version : Tons of Rotten News from Consolidated in WV

teamtitan512
02-15-2004, 01:31 PM
I happened to be in Morgantown yesterday, so I checked out to see what was available and I don't think many will be impressed w/what I saw.

-Mello Yello Afterglow is gone.
-Mello Yello Cherry is gone, but 1 store. Kroger in Bridgeport.
-Orange, Grape, Strawberry Fanta the only Fantas left. Peach is gone.
-13.2 oz. bottles are not here.
-PET FridgePacks are not here either.

The only thing I did see was the double Fridge Pack, and that wasn't that exciting.

sundrop
02-15-2004, 02:22 PM
I am not sure why those products were not available in WV. In NC we still carry MY afterglow and cherry. PET Fridgepacks are in most grocery stores and the 13.2oz are being pushed hard in C-stores. As for Fanta we still carry orange, grape, strawberry, peach and pineapple.
Orange, grape and strawberry in 2ltr, FP and 20oz. Peach is only in 20oz. Pineapple is carried in 20oz and FP.

golee1
02-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Just as bad here, and we don't even have double fridge packs.

fusion
02-16-2004, 12:20 AM
You usually have to make 3-4 stops in a given town or city to get a good feel for the beverage market. Often times some odd places will sell some pretty interesting stuff. Or a slower moving store will have a product that's been sold out of the other stores in the area for months. Or, if a package is new, it might not be authorized everywhere yet. I've found Food Lion to be generally ahead of the curve when it comes to authorizations. Ahold (Giant-PA, Giant-MD, Stop and Shop, etc) are the slowest.

I usually stop at two grocery stores, maybe a super wally if there is one, and 1-3 convenience/gas stores. I usually skip Sheetz, Wawa, and those types who have a standard set for every store. I have seen very little variation in their sets, except for Red Creme 20oz around Reading (when CCE or Herb didn't even produce it otherwise) and CF Pepper / CF Diet Pepper in Staunton (both were Sheetz locations).

teamtitan512
02-16-2004, 05:12 PM
I checked a Giant Eagle, Wal-Mart, Super Kmart, both Krogers, a Family Dollar, and a local Chevron Food Mart. I didn't see anything interesting about Consolidated in Morgantown. In fact, other than seeing some Fanta and Tab, it was no different than Central here in Cumberland in terms of what was available.

teamtitan512
02-16-2004, 05:13 PM
As for Clarksburg, I checked WM Supercenter, Kmart, Target, both Krogers again, and a GoMart (big convenience store in WV). Again, I did find MY Cherry in the Bridgeport Kroger, but in FP's only, and it was the only MY I'd see all day that wasn't regular.

fusion
02-17-2004, 01:27 AM
I'd say you definately covered your bases.. and I guess cherry really is dead up there. A real shame, since that was my closest connection to the stuff.

Did they ditch the MM lights, too? Last time I was up there, I saw them all over the place. Even in Kroger, they had that rear end-cap with MM light 12pks on the sides. 20oz was found in convenience stores.

sundrop
02-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Yep MM lights are gone.(except for light lemonade)I believe they are coming back soon as 4pk half liters.
I agree Food Lion does seem to get new products authorized before anybody else.

teamtitan512
02-17-2004, 10:54 PM
I didn't see the MM Lights. I can't remember if Lemonade was there. One thing I noticed was ABC seemed to be gaining some strength in that area, and they should, having both DP and 7Up now. Weird thing is there Pepsi had 7Up, and DP was third tier.

fusion
02-18-2004, 12:25 AM
We are getting the new 4pk half liter MM lights as well. I figure they are trying to go head to head with Crystal light, who sells their RTD stuff in the same size packaging.

I don't see them setting the world on fire. Food Lion retail is $2.99, and I think the military (commissary) price is $2.36. The Light Lemonade will do well, because people have been complaining about not being able to get it in multipack bottles. The other 3 flavors are questionable, though. Only time will tell, I guess. But I can't see why people would pay the same cost as a 6pk half liter (the rest of our line is $2.99 regular retail just about everywhere) for a 4pk of these new MM lights.

CCE did sell Fruitopia in the 4pk half liter package, and it did horribly.