PDA

View Full Version : Variety Pack

SaveCitra
09-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Would it be possible for a variety 12-pack (for example: Pepsi's could contain- 3 pepsi, 3 diet pepsi, 3 Mt. Dew, and 3 Sierra Mist. Or, if mixing diet and regular is too risky, 4 Pepsi, 4 Mt. Dew, and 4 Sierra Mist. I would buy that). The same could apply to coke and dp/7up. Would you guys buy a variety pack? I would, as I often get bored of 12 cans of the same soda, especially with the big brands.

ramonazo
09-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Pepsi also offers variety packs here in Sam's Club at Costco of 12 bottles: you get Pepsi, 7up, Manzanita Sol, Kas and Mirinda. And in packs of 24 cans too, Jarritos also offers variety packs of their four flavors.

The weird thing is that Pepsi offers all their brands in Sam's and Costco, and Coca-Cola only sells Coke and Coke Light there... no flavors...

[ 09-12-2005, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

SaveCitra
09-12-2005, 09:35 PM
You are lucky!

drpep
09-12-2005, 09:46 PM
A variety pack? How stupid.

Paul's Beverages
09-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Variety packs are popular in the large warehouse clubs. They enable the consumer to try various flavors and allow the retailer to sell a full case of single serve beverages. However, it is a problem for a production line. These packages require additional handling from a third party repacker. Most production facilities do not repack themselves.
Beer distributors in PA used to let you mix your own pop variety packs in the wooden shells (a few years back).

Look In The Tunk
09-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Paul's Beverages:

Beer distributors in PA used to let you mix your own pop variety packs in the wooden shells (a few years back). I can swear up and down that I've been to a grocery store in Alaska that lets its customers do the same thing with beer. This was about six years ago, and this was way before I became drinking age, so it might just be a mixed up memory.

iluvsurge220
09-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by drpep:
A variety pack? How stupid. That isn't a stupid idea. Unless you have one pop that you drink all the time. When I want more than one kind of pop I have to buy like 3 12-packs and that's a lot of money. If they had a variety pack I'd only have to buy 1 12-pack. SOunds like a good idea to me.

Chad.
09-13-2005, 01:18 AM
i buy them 4 packs of glass bottles and just mix em up and go thru self checkout hahaha, not exactly what you want but it works.

Hacksaw
09-13-2005, 03:55 AM
I've seen variety packs at Costco of several different sodas over the years. We've picked up the Stewart's & Fanta ones when they were there. I think they are mostly for intro purposes.

boodoo
09-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Variety packs....you are thinking like a consumer. Put yourself in the role of retailer and manufacturer. The whole idea is to sell MORE, not less. The more straight case 12 packs you buy, the better.

iluvsurge220
09-13-2005, 12:04 PM
That's a good point BooDoo. I never really thought of it that way.

boodoo
09-13-2005, 03:45 PM
When you have to meet a few payrolls you tend to look for every angle!

Mr Nethead
09-13-2005, 04:18 PM
I think a variety pack of Coke would be awesome. 3 each of Classic, Vanilla, Cherry, and Coke with Lime would be perfect!

A lot of gas stations around here used to allow people to make their own six packs. But I don't see that much anymore.

iluvsurge220
09-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah I remember at Save-a-Lot when I was younger you could mix and match their brands of pop and get a 24 pack. They only cost 15 cents a piece but they were off brand.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-13-2005, 08:36 PM
variety packs have to be hand packed, which is why that when they are at warehouse clubs, they come from an independent packer and not a coke warehouse. they do not have the technology cheap enough to have three bottling lines simultaneously end up at the same point in one case. all the beer and malternative variety packs, mike's hard, sam adams, smirnoff twisted, microbreweries, are all hand packed.