PDA

View Full Version : Is Coke Zero being discontinued

johnnysd
09-13-2005, 12:13 AM
I LOVE Coke Zero. Cold, it tastes almost exactly like regular Coke. But lately, itis becoming harder to find. One Major Supermarket no longer seems to carry it and many others rarely have stock. I am hoping it is not being discontinued. Any word/thoughts?

I want to see this product succeed it is SO good.

ramonazo
09-13-2005, 12:18 AM
No please!!!, I haven't tried it, I have to...

Mr Zabe
09-13-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm guessing that in your area demand for Coke Zero is temporally greater than supply.
It could be that Coke Zero is flying off the shelf or each store is not getting enough product.

I would ask your store manager or find out when the store usually gets it Coke load. As has been stated on this board, I usually get my most accurate information from the route men/ladies.

[ 09-12-2005, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Look In The Tunk
09-13-2005, 01:54 AM
I think its way too early to speculate these things. I mean C2 crashed and burned last year but you can still find it in some places.

XLS_04
09-13-2005, 03:33 AM
yes I agree Coke usually gives a product at least a year before it discontinues it.

iowacity
09-14-2005, 01:04 AM
C2 tastes like Coke. Zero tastes like Diet Coke.

MATHA531
09-15-2005, 12:20 PM
You mean like the way they screwed, for no good reason, diet vanilla and diet cherry coke.

chrisok
09-16-2005, 02:07 AM
Here in Oklahoma City, Coke Zero has now come out in 24 packs. That's a good sign for it, because cubes are only reserved for the big sellers. (Coke, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, and Diet Coke)

mjb1124
09-17-2005, 05:54 PM
I am starting to see it less often here. It's been MIA at some delis, pizzerias, and smaller independent convenience stores as of late. Same thing goes for Diet Coke w/ Splenda. Regular Diet Coke on the other hand is plentiful. I get the impression that a lot of Diet Coke drinkers aren't giving these (IMHO superior) new products a chance, and that's a shame.

SamC
09-17-2005, 06:36 PM
The contrary is true. The product is doing so well, it often sells out of the row or two that it is asigned.

johnnysd
09-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Hmm, I hope the opposite is true and that it is selling past demand. It is becoming very difficult to find in San Diego.

ramonazo
09-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by XLS_04:
yes I agree Coke usually gives a product at least a year before it discontinues it. Well, although there's cases where they don't give a year, Coca-Cola vainilla in my town is an example... although in other cities were on sale during a year, here in my city was on sale only in three months, the same happened with Coca-Cola citra but in Leon, Guanajuato...

I hope that Coke zero don't do the same!

chris916
09-18-2005, 09:13 PM
i dunno but im worried too ALL the targets around me dont have any in stock anymore and theres not even a tag/place for it anymore either....

XLS_04
09-18-2005, 11:55 PM
supermarkets have better selections than department stores. alot of coke/pepsi flavors are not sold in department stores but are available in supermarkets.

Look In The Tunk
09-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by chris916:
i dunno but im worried too ALL the targets around me dont have any in stock anymore and theres not even a tag/place for it anymore either.... Most stores like Target or a convenience store sells the new drinks only for a short time in fridgepack form, and then they go back to selling the basics (coke, diet coke, sprite, etc...)

johnnysd
09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Albertson's told me today that Coke Zero was discontinued.....

Thelonious Monkey
09-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Albertson's lied.

In other news: I went downstairs this moring to buy my usual Diet Coke from my school's vending machine and they are now selling Coke Zero in the machine! I really didn't expect Zero to show up in vending machines, so I think this is a sign that it is gaining some mainstream acceptance.

Mr Nethead
09-19-2005, 08:36 PM
I saw a Coke Zero ad on TV yesterday. If it was discontinued that probably wouldn't have happened.

Mr Zabe
09-19-2005, 08:52 PM
I have seen mostly on the weekends around and during sports and auto racing, many minutes of the new Coke Zero adds. Coke Zero is thriving here in Chicago. A few time while shopping have I heard shoppers rave to other shoppers how much they like it.

If it is not on the shelf it is a supply problem.
Coke Zero is starting to put up considerable sales numbers. I predicted that Coke Zero will soon have higher numbers than diet coke.

[ 09-19-2005, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-20-2005, 11:35 AM
hell, they are still making c2.

fusion
09-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Coke Zero will soon be available in more places in 8 pack 12oz PET bottles - but I'm not sure if this will be nationwide or in every chain. Coke Consolidated has has this brand in this package for quite a while now.

[ 09-20-2005, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

drpep
09-20-2005, 10:10 PM
What I am not finding is Diet Coke w/Splenda.

MDCoke
09-21-2005, 10:49 AM
The past two weeks it has been impossible to find Coke Zero in 20 oz. in ANY store. Fridge Packs are available at Wal-Mart of 12 oz. cans. But it is nowhere else to be found in mid-Maryland.
Sigh!

bigrich
09-22-2005, 10:50 PM
I have seen Coke Zero in 500ml 6 packs. Also Sprite Zero, Minute Maid Lemonade, and a few other rare items. They were packed in Eagan, MN.

MDCoke
09-23-2005, 01:58 PM
They are still advertising Coke Zero here, but it is hard to find. At the "Great Frederick Fair" this week, Coke is the official (and only) soda sponsor. Lots of DC and other Coke flavors, not a CZ to be found. :(

jmyjunk
09-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Wow, I am surprised.
It is still everywhere in Boulder. 2 litres, fridge packs, 20oz.

Pick one up this morning on the way to work.

fusion
09-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by bigrich:
I have seen Coke Zero in 500ml 6 packs. Also Sprite Zero, Minute Maid Lemonade, and a few other rare items. They were packed in Eagan, MN. We've had Diet Sprite / Diet Sprite Zero and MM Lemonade in 500ml for quite a while. We actually had them in 8 packs before we switched to 6 packs a few years ago.

No Coke Zero 500ml here, though. I did see a planogram from Philadelphia Coke in a store near my house -- looks like they are going to be doing Diet Coke w/ Lime in 500ml. I have also seen MM Pink Lemonade from Twinsburg OH.

fusion
09-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by MDCoke:
The past two weeks it has been impossible to find Coke Zero in 20 oz. in ANY store. Fridge Packs are available at Wal-Mart of 12 oz. cans. But it is nowhere else to be found in mid-Maryland.
Sigh! It should be plentiful again, soon. Apparently Silver Spring production didn't run any until about a week or so ago (after the initial launch production run). Silver Spring also produces 8pk 12oz fridgepet, so you should see Coke Zero in that package in about a week and a half.

MDCoke
10-01-2005, 10:17 PM
I was in Michigan this week and Coke Zero was everywhere and all the flavors of Desani, including Strawberry.

xJABBERWOCKx
10-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Hey, what is the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero, anyway? A couple of the ingredients are in a different order, but otherwise, there is no deviation in taste or chemistry from Diet Coke. At least, None that I could notice.

jmyjunk
10-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Coke Zero is Coke Classic formulation
Diet Coke was the formulation for New Coke.

xJABBERWOCKx
10-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Ahh, I guess my palate isn't refined enough to discriminate between the two.

JenC
10-04-2005, 10:40 PM
We were at Walmart last night looking at the empty shelves where Coke Zero used to be, and were told by their staff that it has been discontinued. Perhaps Albertson's wasn't lying after all....

Mr Zabe
10-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Who told you the rout Coke person, the rout Pepsi person, a store clerk or the store manager?

Coke zero is booming. It is flying off the shelves. It is being advertised in both print and TV adds.

Maybe you were told Coke C2 was being dropped.
I would call your local Coke bottler to double check.

[ 10-04-2005, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

MDCoke
10-05-2005, 11:10 PM
I s**** with a Coke Route person yesterday and asked him why it was not available anywhere in Frederick, Maryland. He said they were out of it for a while, but stores have should have it now (which they don't). He said Coke was "very disappointed" with Coke Zero and unsure of its future. My question is...how the hell can they be disappointed in its sales when you CANNOT buy it anywhere. Idiots. What should I expect from the company that gave Surge, Citra etc. have a half-a-second to succeed. Guess I better go stock-up on cans at the Wal-Mart.

johnnysd
10-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Man I hope they don't discontnue it. I am sure it will get a good following if they get it in stores and give it a chance. I do not want to go back to Diet Coke

johnnysd
10-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Also, their advertising really is terrible for Coke Zero. Just tell people exactly what it is clearly and people will try it.

Mr Zabe
10-05-2005, 11:26 PM
MDCoke,
What a laugh.
What that rout guy said to you sounded just like the book and movie "Catch 22". Coke Zero is not a "dud", it is and will be the cutting edge formulation for many new Coke no cal soda pops.

The new Fresca Peach and Black Cherry have the same new aspartame formulation of that used in Coke Zero. I just drank a 2ltr of Fresca Peach and it was awesome.

I find it hard to believe that Coke Zero is not doing well. Let's not for get the many months of less than adequate marketing and advertising that the suits used to launch Coke Zero.

I still say that in time Diet Coke will have declining sales due to Coke Zero.

[ 10-05-2005, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

sodasommelier
10-06-2005, 02:49 AM
Junk!

If you need a real Coke you have to drive down to Mexico & drink it there. I hear they even sell Mexican Coke in Atlanta... Q.E.D.

XLS_04
10-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Coke zero is being pushing EVERYWHERE, Diet Coke with Splenda on the other hand is not available in as many places and there are no store displays for it.

Coke zero will be here atleast a year, seriously I dont care how much you couldn't find it for a certain amount of weeks, it is being pushed more than any other beverage they released this year so far.

MATHA531
10-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Well they did the same thing with diet coke vanilla and diet coke cherry. Their account managers did not provide the product and then they claim sales are flat. Give me a break.

JenC
10-06-2005, 11:27 AM
I wasn't there personally, but my husband told me. I'm guessing it was a Walmart employee stocking the shelves. Also, he went to the local Giant last night after their soda shelves had been restocked, and the Coke Zero section was totally empty. Despite all the assurances here, I'm afraid it's really not looking good for Coke Zero.

Diet Coke with Splenda is still available everywhere here though. Do I live in bizarro Coke world or something?

Okay, I'm editing to say that I must be in bizarro Coke world. The official word from the company is that the brand is not being discontinued. They suggested that perhaps my local bottling company has made a decision not to sell it in my area anymore, and gave me contact information for them. So there you have it... an official answer.

[ 10-06-2005, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: JenC ]

XLS_04
10-06-2005, 04:36 PM
I honestly just think it is the local Coke bottlers that are being lazy in re stocking their inventory.

As far as Diet Coke Cherry and Diet Coke Vanilla... I think that was stupid what the Coca-Cola did to those 2 products as well. They just made things more confusing.

MDCoke
10-11-2005, 09:49 PM
My quest for Coke Zero continues...
Still not available in 20 oz. in Maryland.
I was in Chicago for the weekend, and found one lone bottle in the bottom of a cooler at Jewel-Osco. They had a Coke Zero tub...full of PowerAde.
In Puerto Rico this week, no Coke Zero...although C2 seems to be abundant. Is this a new New Coke trick by the folks in Atlanta?

fusion
10-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Making or two stops in a city or town really doesn't give you a full picture of the beverage availability. You've got different salespeople, different drivers, different merchandisers, and sometimes even different warehouses.

There is tons of Coke Zero in the area I work in in Maryland (east of Baltimore). In fact, we now have it in 12oz 8 pack bottles.

Mr Zabe
10-12-2005, 07:13 PM
The end case coolers are not the primary place to find most if not any of the variety soda pops. I always check the few extra display areas that most grocery stores have. This requires a short walk usually by an "Add Sales" isle or the end caps of each row. This is real easy,just scan the rows all at one time. Then I slowly walk down each side of the soda pop isle. I do this as from week to week; there maybe changes in the slotting or even a category reset.

Basically, the end cap coolers are extremely hit or miss. They are a low priority for the vendors and the stores.

[ 10-12-2005, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Robot
10-12-2005, 07:50 PM
in chicago, i dont know what was up with your jewel..

but its everywhere

its like a regular coke product, but has bigger area alloted than pibb/c2/etc.. more along the lines of diet coke or regular coke

Mr Zabe
10-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Same here by me. I would say that Coke Zero has been quiet successful in a short period of time.

You are 100% correct, Coke Zero is everywhere.