PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Pepper/7 UP fountain drinks

Mr Nethead
09-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Sometimes there will be Dr. Pepper on a Pepsi or Coke fountain, but I've never seen a fountain with all DP/7 UP products. Has anyone ever? Maybe in Texas?

I think it's a real pity that such fountains don't seem to exist. Think of the great possibilities. Dr. Pepper, 7 UP, Squirt, Ruby Red Squirt, A&W Root Beer and Cream Soda, Welch's grape, Sunkist, and other stuff I'm probably not thinking of. It would knock the socks off of any Pepsi fountain!

fusion
09-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Don't forget RC and Diet Rite.

The big restaurants chains are pretty much locked up with Coke and Pepsi. It would be tough for them to make inroads in that business.

You can get A&W at the A&W Restaurants. I also recall a hotdog place in northern NJ that had Stewarts on tap.

Mr Zabe
09-13-2005, 05:13 PM
I have seen just a handful of soda fountains that had RC,Dr Pepper,7up and A&W Root Beer.

There is a real cool burrito joint located in Vernon Hill,IL. Last I checked they had an American Beverages soda fountain with the above
flavors. A good number of the Chicago Bear football team eat there on a regular basis.

El Famous Burrito
220 Hawthorn Village Commons (847) 816-6080
Vernon Hills,IL

If you in the area, this joint has a mega holly Mollie burrito that is cheap and very tasty. smile.gif

drpep
09-13-2005, 09:58 PM
There is an Arbys in Bath, NY that had RC, a Nehi flavor and other DPSU flavors plus Sprite.

Hacksaw
09-13-2005, 10:21 PM
I see Dr. Pepper & rarely 7up on tap around here, but not those other flavors mentioned.

mjb1124
09-13-2005, 10:51 PM
There's a place around here that has RC, Diet Rite, 7 UP, and I think it might have Sunkist but I don't remember for sure.

The Truth
09-14-2005, 11:10 AM
In western north carolina there are some with RC, 7UP, DIET RITE, CHEERWINE.

jmyjunk
09-14-2005, 12:28 PM
I have rarely seen and all DPSU fountain, if at all.

Though, I was at a Carl's Jr in Firestone CO that had Squirt on tap. That was neat, as I have never seen Squirt on tap at any fast food joint. (The rest of the drinks were Coke products)

ramonazo
09-15-2005, 06:01 PM
I didn't noticed that, that's true, there's only Coke and Pepsi fountains but no Cadbury-Schweppes(DPSU) fountains...

In the case of Mexico... 7up is in fountain because here is distributed nationwide by Pepsi, and Squirt is in fountain only in cities where is distributed by Coke (Hermosillo and Mexicali) or by Pepsi (Mexico City, Yucatan, Q. Roo, etc.) but in cities where is bottled by AGA there's no fountain, like here in Aguas...

[ 09-15-2005, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

boodoo
09-16-2005, 10:38 AM
It is not uncommon at all to see an independent c-store in Texas with DPSUBG selections.

SamC
09-16-2005, 08:49 PM
I have never understood why DPSU does not compete in the fountain business. I don't see them doing much in fast food, but in captive places like theatres, arenas, stadiums, they could easily underbid the Big Two, especially in smaller arenas where the government lowest bidder type rules would have to apply.

I seem to remember that the Mets had a deal with RC a couple of years ago at Shea.

Long ago, some Shoney's had RC.

When I was in college, long ago, the school had an absolute lowest bidder deal. It was Double Cola, with Dr Pepper, which was in its hands at that time in that town.

nick97
09-17-2005, 02:47 AM
A few years ago, Subway had Pepsi and 7Up in the fountain, along with Orange Slice and Dr. Pepper. It's been replaced with Coke products already though.

JACK
09-18-2005, 11:47 PM
A couple of reasons why DPSU or Cadbury does not play well in the fountain arena
-- No service network. Most Cadbury bottlers do not have service techs for fountain equipment
-- No service. No equipment
-- Government bids RFP no longer go to the lowest bidder every time. As an example, a major university with quickly falling football program puts out an RFP - request for proposal and they dont get the bid they...they actually rebid it until they got the money they thought they deserved, which by the way was RED exclusive without ANY DPSU brands
-- Theaters - Coke and Pepsi pay for this segment by treating their investment as a media spend. DPSU cant figure this out for some reason, they would rather have a Dr. Pepper commercial on at 3am for the Taco Bell crowd then put the product in someone's mouth.

Mr Nethead
09-19-2005, 11:26 AM
If DPSU ever decided to build up a fountain service, I think there are some smaller restaurant chains that would be good fits. For example, Culver's is a growing midwest chain that specializes in burgers and custard. They serve Pepsi products, but I'd love to be able to drink a Dr Pepper or a Squirt with my meal instead of lemonade.

fusion
09-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Check this out...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tienmao/12467396/

That fountain is located at:

The Burger Joint
241 3rd Ave.
NYC
ph: 212-228-1219

Look In The Tunk
09-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
Check this out...

That's awesome. I'd love to get some fast food and have a Diet Rite with my food.

Mr Zabe
09-20-2005, 02:14 PM
OMC...Pleae tell me the Bosco choclate soda is great tasting. Does it taste like a chocolate soda that my parents always rave about from their youth."

ramonazo
09-20-2005, 05:37 PM
BTW, that Diet Rite logo was better, the new one looks like made in the 80's...

[ 09-20-2005, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

bigrich
09-22-2005, 11:04 PM
In Davenport, IA, Pepsi now has Cheerwine in many of their fountains. They promote it with billboards that say "There's A New Soda In Town!"

nick97
09-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Check this out...

That fountain is located at:

The Burger Joint
241 3rd Ave.
NYC
ph: 212-228-1219 Wow, that looks..just odd. lol
I'd love Stewart's Root Beer in the fountain..in fact I'd try every soda there before I left!