PDA

View Full Version : Cokes plans in US for next year

yankees26mlb
09-14-2005, 11:12 PM
"Minnick confirmed Coke plans to test a new product, which a slide referred to as Coca-Cola Blak, in key markets next year. She did not provide any details of the product, but a slide shows it will fall under the company's Diet Coke and Coca-Cola Light products.

Industry speculation has focused on Coke introducing a coffee-based soft drink.

Minnick said the Atlanta company is also testing 3G, an energy drink tied to Sprite, in Germany. Coke is working on line extensions for Fanta, too, including one that combines Fanta with milk-based products to capitalize on the fruit smoothie craze, and Fanta Sours, which will feature "a strong sour bite," Minnick said.

Coke Zero has "not only met but it's exceeded North America's expectations," she said. "It's very early days for that brand, and it was launched on the heels of Diet Coke with Splenda, so we need to give it some more time before we pass judgment on Coke Zero."

http://money.cnn.com/services/tickerheadlines/for5/200509081316DOWJONESDJ******001001_FORTUNE5.htm

Mr Zabe
09-15-2005, 02:22 AM
Thanks for post about Coca Cola.
Speaking for myself anything reported by or about Coca Cola's product development or marketing, I take with a Mega Grain of Salt.

That like about Coke Zero was priceless. I could see how that could have been said about a year ago. Like I have been saying for a while their upper level execs are either stoned 24/7 or have not spent too much time going out with the rout men/women who know more about product sales and new product launches than any suit in the company.

A canned coffee with real low fat milk and a small amount of sugar or artificial (no splenda),sounds good. If it was sold at a good price point of say $4.50 a six pack (assuming it tasted great, I would bet it would be a great seller and eat up market share of it's competitors.

[ 09-15-2005, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
09-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Great posting! Thanks for updating us about Coke...

It's weird the name of that new brand extension of Coca-Cola that they want to create, Blak?... that's the weirdest name I've ever heard for a soda, and even for a diet soda... But anyway, remember when they planned to launch Coca-Cola Ultra and they at the end named it Coca-Cola Zero...

Interesting the innovations about the coffee-based drink and the energy drink by Sprite, although in another countries have those innovations: the japanese Georgia and the australian Recharge by Sprite.

http://www.activefactor.com.au/images/beverage_range/sprite_recharge.jpg

[ 09-23-2005, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

mjb1124
09-15-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Ramón el Coca-Colero:
But anyway, remember when they planned to launch Coca-Cola Ultra and they at the end named it Coca-Cola Zero... Actually, that was C2.

ramonazo
09-16-2005, 01:02 AM
d'oh!, that is true...

[ 09-16-2005, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

da987
09-20-2005, 02:07 AM
Cocac-Cola Blak has already been test marketed in Spain earlier this year. I saw a bottle of it for sale on eBay.

http://www.members.aol.com/da987/blak

Sprite3g is actually being released in England this month, I didn't know about Germany.

We have also just had Fanta Grapefruit released here as a limited edition.

fusion
09-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Apparently Coke is going to use that same bottle for Blak in the US. There is also an energy drink version of TaB in the works, as well as "sparkling" versions of Dasani.

ramonazo
09-22-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by da987:
Cocac-Cola Blak has already been test marketed in Spain earlier this year. I saw a bottle of it for sale on eBay. Wow! Is that a bottle or a can with the shape of the contour bottle? Is Coke with energy drink?

[ 09-22-2005, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

da987
09-22-2005, 12:52 PM
it is a glass bottle

DietCokeEnthusiast
09-22-2005, 05:13 PM
I wish they had gone national with the contour can.

Cokeologist
09-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by da987:
it is a glass bottle The Coca-Cola Blak bottle pictured above is not a glass bottle. It is a metal (aluminum?) bottle.

[ 09-23-2005, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: SodaScott ]

da987
09-24-2005, 02:13 AM
Sorry, i assumed it was glass.