PDA

View Full Version : Can't find Pepsi Blue...

Robot
02-17-2004, 09:02 PM
Had a few places that still had Pepsi Blue 20 oz in their stock, and all of a sudden it disappeared.. it seems the distributor pulled it from the shelves to dump or something???

anyways, was a bit disappointed, have been wanting to get some pepsi blue lately.

anyone else still see pepsi blue anywhere?

teamtitan512
02-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Pepsi Blue has flown off to Soda Heaven...or Soda Hell, depending upon how you look at it.

fusion
02-18-2004, 01:27 AM
I saw six bottles dated October 2003 a few weeks ago in a 7-11 in Maryland. I have also heard that the last runs of the cans have just expired within the past few weeks. Pepsico is probably pushing the bottlers to get this expired crap out of the accounts.

Robot
02-18-2004, 02:26 AM
The few places I knew that had it.. they had like 10+ 20 oz bottles, and they werent moving.. they'd be the same 10 bottles or so every week i'd go in.

then all of a sudden, they were all gone, adn replaced with a new row of diet pepsi or pepsi one or something...

so it definately seems pepsico got strict and clamped down on any pepsi blue still sitting in the system..

as this was at 4 different locations throughtout illinois.

XLS_04
02-18-2004, 11:38 AM
yeah usually when a Pepsi product does not do well they pull it from all there bottlers. Coke is different they will keep there failed product and leave it up to the local bottler to make it available or not.

cph
02-19-2004, 01:27 AM
I saw six bottles dated October 2003 a few weeks ago in a 7-11 in Maryland. I have also heard that the last runs of the cans have just expired within the past few weeks. Pepsico is probably pushing the bottlers to get this expired crap out of the accounts. Can you drink expired soda? It's not like milk or something that goes bad....is it?

fusion
02-19-2004, 01:38 AM
Yes, you can drink it. But the parent companies don't want it out there on the streets, and they can use it as a justification for pulling franchises or fining bottlers.

Robot
02-19-2004, 01:47 AM
ended up finding 8 20 oz bottles today.

a store was closed for renovations for the last few weeks.. and the distributor never got to pull the bottles...

if anyone else sees any out there, make sure to pick it up!