PDA

View Full Version : What does your nose knows?

Mr Zabe
09-21-2005, 09:26 AM
I have had a habit for many moons. When I open a can of pop or a bottle, or anything for that matter, I will briefly take it near my nose for a good smell. No my middle name is not Blood Hound,LOL.

My biggest thrill is when I smell grape kool aid.
The smell of the grape powder sends my nose into outer space. I just can't get enough of that smell.

What soft drink related smells do you really enjoy?

[ 09-21-2005, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jmyjunk
09-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Mr Zabe,

I do that as well, well actualy with most food items.
I give it a good smell before I put it in my mouth, just to make certain it is ok! smile.gif

iluvsurge220
09-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Wow!! I do that too. I thought I was the only one. Everytime I get a new pop I open it and the first thing I do is smell it. My favorite pop smell would have to be Mello Yello Afterglow. I loved it so much that I didn't want to drink it because it smelled so good. The smell of Surge also brought great joy to me, and Vault has a nice essence. LOL.

ramonazo
09-21-2005, 05:51 PM
I usually do that with new sodas or new beverages too, for example recently I made it with the new grapefruit Ciel Dasani, smells like clamato, and the taste was awful, and also made it with the new Minute Maid Revita "marandu" flavor (mix of apple, peach and orange), the smell was good, and the taste was damn good!.

But everytime I used to smell Coca-Cola Vainilla everytime I opened a bottle, I liked to smell that delicious vanilla scent...

In conclussion, if the soda or the beverage smells good, no doubt that it tastes good.

[ 09-22-2005, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

ramonazo
09-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by jmyjunk:

I give it a good smell before I put it in my mouth, just to make certain it is ok! smile.gif This is essential...

Specially with Milk, it always happens that I smell the gallon of milk to make sure that it's not in bad conditions, but sometimes I forget to do that and I pour it directly on the cereal, when I notice a bad smell in the bowl... too late...all directly to the sink...

[ 09-22-2005, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Hacksaw
09-22-2005, 12:50 AM
In conclussion, if the soda or the beverage smells good, no doubt that it tastes good. Ramon: You have to be kidding. Shasta Diet Chocolate Soda smelled wonderful, but it was like drinking carbonated unsweetened chocolate. Awful, and others agreed. :eek:

Some sodas this is true, but not all.

ramonazo
09-22-2005, 01:38 AM
That's true, for example the American Diet Coke with Lime smells great, but when you try it... mmm.. not so good...