PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola Raspberry: status?

NewColaLover
09-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Does anyone know how this has been doing in New Zealand? I hope that it does well so that we can try in the US. I checked out eBay and there was only one person shipping them out (at $15 per 20oz.). Has anyone seen this for sale at places like Jungle Jims?

Also is there an orange flavored coke out there?

MDCoke
09-23-2005, 01:56 PM
I purchased mine from the guy in NZ. Came fast, packed well.

Cokeologist
09-23-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by NewColaLover:
Also is there an orange flavored coke out there? Earlier this year, Coca-Cola Belgium began to market an orange-flavored version of Coca-Cola Light called "Coca-Cola Light Sango".

[ 09-23-2005, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: SodaScott ]

fusion
09-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Mezzomix (from Coca-Cola) is a mix of orange and cola. It's available in Germany. It's quite good, actually.

DJ HawaiianShirt
09-24-2005, 06:36 PM
I was obsessed with Mezzo Mix for years.

I can't remember who it was on this board, but they tipped me off to a website from which you can order it. The URL is:
http://www.germandeli.com/beverage1-carbonated.html

To this day, this site is the ONLY place you can order it. On.line, offline, wholesale, everything.

I can tell you that it's definitely worth the price to import it.

SEV smile.gif

NewColaLover
09-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Sweet! I had this site a long time ago and lost it. The cool thing is they also have drinks from other countries, like Macedonia (where all of my family is from)!

yankees26mlb
09-25-2005, 02:40 AM
I would recommend, just for a once-in-a-lifetime experience to taste the raspberry coke (I cant see it coming over here), just spend the 15 or so dollars to get it. Thats of course if you have the money to spend. I did it and really liked it

[ 09-25-2005, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: yankees26mlb ]

jblaviback
10-11-2005, 05:20 PM
I have a question for a collector, wouldn't it be smart to pay the high price for a can of it off ebay and save it and maybe in 10 years it would be a valueable collectable?

Mr Zabe
10-11-2005, 05:58 PM
JB

I'm not a real collector of anything but I do have tons of common sense through my years of message board participation and an interest in collecting. That being said. Here are my two cents.

Whether or not something is valuable in the short term or long term is pretty much based on scarcity or sentimental value. My advice to you is to buy that what you like. Buy for investment at a cost that you can live with. Most of us can not afford paying 20 or 30 bucks for a can of soda pop.

As in anything in life there are no sure things except that we will all bite the dust down the road. LOL This might sound sappy but buy from your gut. If your gut tells you that this has a good chance of being a good investment than blow all caution to the wind. Many of us have done this in our lives with good results.

I have not offered you any technical advice, that will follow from our board of outstanding experts.
I wanted you to see that collecting for investment is an inexact science, there is no way to forecast the future that's why your gut is a valuable indicator.

[ 10-11-2005, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jblaviback
10-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the advice Zabe, I was just thinking about this not really sure I am going to do it. But it was not going for that much it was like a starting bid of $3.99 plus shipping of about $5.00. I am not one to spend much on pop, I guess I was just seeing if this is stuff collectors even care about.

wonkapete
10-12-2005, 12:00 PM
I'd like to offer my $.02 here. Anytime a product is test marketed, those cans\bottles are good investments. Usually you can tell if a product is going to fail in a test market or if it will fizzle aferwards. When Crystal Pepsi came out, I had a feeling it wouldn't be around long. So, I stocked up on 2-liters, advertising signs, cans, bottles, magnents, etc. Sure enough, it fizzled. Now, you see the bottles of the stuff on Ebay for $10-15 each, sometimes more. When Tab test marketed their flavored sodas, orange, strawberry, root beer, etc., those didn't last long. I bought all the cans I could when I started collecting because I knew they would become valuable. Sure enough, look those up on Ebay, if you can find them. So, I've already ordered cans and bottles of this raspberry, in both Diet and Regular versions. It most likely won't catch on around the world and people will forget about it until I break out a can. It's fun collecting odd test market flavors. Remember Pepsi Kona? I have some of those.. saw a 2-liter recently sell for over $40! So, my advice is.. just do it!

jblaviback
10-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Wonkapete one last thing do you have to leave the soda in the can or bottle? Because if I did buy a can of raspberry coke I would probably want to drink it, so does it make a difference to collector if the beverage is still in it.

wonkapete
10-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Doesn't make a huge difference. For some collector's, they like to open the cans from the bottoms so the top will remain intact and look full. I usually leave mine full but have many that are emtpy. When they are all on a shelf, you can't tell unless it's a bottle. So, I'd say drink it up.. and save the can..

fusion
10-20-2005, 11:54 PM
There's an auction up for an 8 pack.. Total comes to $80 with s&h.

ouch.

ramonazo
10-20-2005, 11:58 PM
$800 pesos... double OUCH

[ 10-20-2005, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

ramonazo
10-28-2005, 01:49 PM
BTW, in New Zealand is also released Coca-Cola Citra ( www.coke.co.nz (http://www.coke.co.nz) ) , the same in Singapore and Australia, where has been released Coca-Cola with Lime

imawalkingcorpse
12-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Is this coming out stateside at all?

jmyjunk
12-12-2005, 06:40 PM
IMHO:
I don't think it will be making to our shores anytime soon.
If they can't keep Vanilla Coke afloat, then why raspberry. Coke with Lime? Not a big push anymore. Now BCV coke?
I just don't see if happening.

Mr Zabe
12-12-2005, 06:57 PM
I agree. IMO Coke should have tried Coke
Raspberry as it's unique break thru flavored coke.
It would have been perhaps just the flavor to start a long needed "re-awakening" of the soda pop category.

Lemon,lime,Vanila..and so on are dull over staid flavors that the American public tolerates but does not have any enthusiasm to want them in a cola soft drink.

Raspberry could be just the "new" taste sensation.
More than an acquired taste, a taste sensation that could excite former and current soda pop drinkers back in to the soda pop drinking fold.
IMO....Coke Raspberry launched with a superior marketing and add campaign could in the long run become a major destination soda pop like Coke Classic and Pepsi.

[ 12-12-2005, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jmyjunk
12-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
I agree. IMO Coke should have tried Coke
Raspberry as it's unique break thru flavored coke.
It would have been perhaps just the flavor to start a long needed "re-awakening" of the soda pop category.

Lemon,lime,Vanila..and so on are dull over staid flavors that the American public tolerates but does not have any enthusiasm to want them in a cola soft drink.

Raspberry could be just the "new" taste sensation.
More than an acquired taste, a taste sensation that could excite former and current soda pop drinkers back in to the soda pop drinking fold.
IMO....Coke Raspberry launched with a superior marketing and add campaign could in the long run become a major destination soda pop like Coke Classic and Pepsi. It would be lovely. But it will never happen, or at least not for a long time. Coca Cola focus, as with Pepsi is no longer their flagship brands. It Diet, Diet, Diet, and then the waters.
Suger drinks are on the back burner, and though BVC Coke is coming out, I thin DBVC will last longer.

XLS_04
12-15-2005, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by jmyjunk:
IMHO:
I don't think it will be making to our shores anytime soon.
If they can't keep Vanilla Coke afloat, then why raspberry. Coke with Lime? Not a big push anymore. Now BCV coke?
I just don't see if happening. Coke with Lime was never pushed to begin with.

jblaviback
12-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Here is my theory. Coke and reportedly Pepsi are coming out with cherry vanilla flavored colas in response to Dr. Pepper having success with Cherry Vanilla DP.

Now my theory is: Dr. Pepper is launching Berries and Creme in the near future. If this product does as good or better than CVDP then Coke is going to look and say hey, we already test marketed Raspberry Coke in New Zealand why not try that here and take away some sales to Berries and Creme.

So those who want Raspberry Coke root for Berries and Creme as well.

Mr Zabe
12-17-2005, 02:46 PM
As my great grand Ma use to say...
"From your mouth to the Coca Cola G-ds ears." LOL

I hope your theory works out. smile.gif

imawalkingcorpse
01-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Any word on this one stateside? Or does it appear to be a no go?

PhillySteve
01-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by XLS_04:
[QUOTE]Coke with Lime was never pushed to begin with. [/QB]When my brother, who never drinks soda, walks around humming "Put the lime in the Coke, you nut" it's being pushed.