PDA

View Full Version : 24 Packs

fusion
02-22-2004, 01:11 AM
Anyone live in an area where Coke or Pepsi has a deep selection of 24 packs? It seems that over the years, they've eliminated a lot of flavors. We're down to Coke, CF Coke, Vanilla, Diet Coke, CF Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Seagram's, Nestea, and MM Lemonade. Diet Coke w/ Lemon bit the dust a few weeks ago, though I think our warehouse only got it in once or twice. Philadelphia Coke maybe has 6-7 brands in slabs.

I remember Mid-Atlantic Canners producing Barq's and Sunkist for Herbco a few years back. They have the cube-style 24pk, as opposed to the slab style that Coke seems to use everywhere else.

I've also seen Dr Pepper in slabs where Coke has it.. and Pibb Xtra in cubes from Central/MAC.

Pepsi bottlers seem to run a deeper selection. I've seen Pepsi, CF Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, CF Diet Pepsi, One, Twist, Diet Twist, Wild Cherry, Mug, Slice, Mist, Diet Mist, Code Red, Dew, Diet Dew, Schweppes, and Brisk. Mostly in cubes, but I do remember seeing an indie Pepsi that ran slabs. I remember Red Fusion from one indie Pepsi as well.. and I've seen Diet Pepper and CF Diet Pepper from others.

I think the craziest thing I ever saw was Surge in 24pks. I even bought a few to get the free shirt (mail in offer).

RC Winchester has slabs as well, though I have no idea if they still produce them. I think it was maybe 4-5 flavors, like A&W, Sunkist, Dew, Canada Dry?

[ 02-22-2004, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: fusion ]

golee1
02-22-2004, 02:19 AM
You have a great selection to what we have here. Until recently we only had Classic, diet coke, sprite, and diet coke CF. We got 24 packs of nestea cool a few weeks ago, interestingly enough they weren't made by MACA , but from Consolidated I believe. Vanilla Coke was tried out in 24 packs, but didn't do anywhere. Just about a month ago I saw one in Jroger that expired last May. The 1 liter vanilla did poorly also.

In other news...it appears MACA is now making 8 ounce cans. We got diet coke, sprite, and seagrams ginger ale in last week. Previously we had only had classic, and they were from Consolidated.

teamtitan512
02-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Central Coke here has 24 packs of Coke, Diet Coke, Vanilla Coke, and Sprite. That's it, and most stores don't even sell those. Only Food Lion has them on a regular basis.

Most stores don't have the Pepsi Cubes on a regular basis here either, but I've seen tons!

Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, CF Pepsi, CF Diet Pepsi, Pepsi One, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Pepsi Twist, Diet Pepsi Twist, Pepsi Vanilla, Diet Pepsi Vanilla, Mountain Dew, Diet MD, MD Code Red, Sierra Mist, Diet SM, Schweppes, Diet Schweppes, Mug, Slice, Lipton Brisk, and I think a couple of others. Pittsburgh has them everywhere.

teamtitan512
02-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Forgot about Dr Pepper, and Diet DP.

XLS_04
02-22-2004, 11:52 PM
The only Coke products we have here in 24 packs are...

Coke, diet Coke Caffeine Free diet Coke, and Sprite. that's it.

Terry K
02-23-2004, 03:06 AM
Coke in So. Cal only runs Coke, Diet, and Sprite in 24 packs (I don't live in their DP area so I can't say if they get DP or not in 24 pks)

Pepsi sells literally everything in 24 pks though. I recall at one point seeing Pepsi BLUE and Mr Green in 24 pack cubes.

Ozarks Coke sells cubes of Coke, DP, Diet DP, Vanilla Coke, CF Diet, and Sprite in 24 pks. I've seen Pibb Xtra in 24 pks in Great Plains territory (where tehy don't have DP)

fusion
02-23-2004, 12:52 PM
I do remember seeing Blue as well. Maybe that was the dumbest thing ever put in a 24 pack?

fusion
02-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Our last shipment of 8oz cans also came from MAC. I figured we were done with this package (that it was only a halloween promo) until this last shipment showed up.

teamtitan512
02-23-2004, 05:12 PM
I didn't mention it Fusion, but RC Winchester is still doing the slab 24 packs (4x6) of Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew, A&W, and RC. Seen them very recently, as of February 2004 at Wal-mart in Winchester. Not real easy to find down there. Martin's there puts the RC Winchester 24 pks of MD and DP w/the Pepsi cubes when they're on sale.

golee1
02-23-2004, 09:00 PM
I thought the 8 oz cans were on the way out too. I'm glad we're getting them from MACA now though, the boxes consolidated uses are just too flimsy, and they break easily, and then you have a mess. The cardboard MACA uses for their 6-packs a lot sturdier.

DrPepperYummy
02-23-2004, 09:31 PM
milwaukee, wi
the area has quite a few 24packs

Drpepper
Diet Drpepper
Fusion
7up
Diet 7up
Cherry 7up
dnl
Squirt