PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola Bottlers Association?

SamC
02-24-2004, 09:29 PM
In my CCBCC area, the bottle cap verbage of "...by the Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated, Charlote, NC" has recently changed to "...by a member of the Coca-Cola Bottlers Assoiation, Atlanta".

I find no record of such an entity either on the internet or elsewhere. Anybody know what gives?

fusion
02-24-2004, 09:49 PM
Coca-Cola Bottlers' Association (http://www.ccbanet.com/)

Most of the site is login/password protected.

Only recently have they begun programs with large scale purchasing of cans, caps, and bottles. Hence the recent switch on the caps and cans.

karks88
02-26-2004, 08:42 AM
I wish they allowed the public to buy some of that cool stuff from their store.

fusion
02-26-2004, 11:46 PM
I know.. a lot of it is really cheap! I usually buy stuff of of Ebay.

There is an official Coke store at

Coca-Cola Store (http://www.coca-colastore.com/b2c/process/Index.pasp)

teamtitan512
02-27-2004, 09:27 PM
:( I don't know why but this makes me sad. It's like the little indie bottlers just had their names sent to the funeral home.

If you can tell, they've arrived now in MD's Central territory.

SamC
02-28-2004, 12:20 PM
I agree. Maybe I'm just a "soda geek" but I always read the bottlecap when I am traveling.

If 95% of Coke caps in the USA are going to read CCE or this bottler's association, and Pepsi is going to use the equally meaningless "Bottled by independent Pepsi-Cola bottlers nationwide", what is the point of even having the verbage on the products anymore?

fusion
02-28-2004, 09:17 PM
For the products that are always bottled by either Coke or Pepsi, there really would be no point. But for the brands that bounce around, like Dr Pepper and so on, it would be helpful to know who's bottling it.

A lot of sodas come with plain caps, even though they are produced by a bottler.. like Independent Beverage in Charlotte produces Food Lion soda, but uses plain caps. Once they goofed and put their own caps on a batch of one flavor of Food Lion soda, though.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-10-2004, 12:05 AM
saw some ccba caps on diet cherry cokes produced by cce-grand rapids, michigan. same date out of detroit had reg. cce caps.

i bet it was just a screw up.

they look almost identical

drpep
03-22-2004, 09:05 PM
I saw these caps on 2 liters in Buffalo, NY which is Abarta territory.

fusion
03-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Is Abarta fridgepacked in Buffalo yet?

drpep
03-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Nope. Same round corner 12 packs.

[ 03-22-2004, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]