PDA

View Full Version : Nehi Brand ???

Energydude
02-29-2004, 02:01 AM
Does anyone know what is being done with the Nehi Brand and is it for sale???

10*2*4
02-29-2004, 05:53 AM
Yes it is.,.....how much ya got??

Energydude
02-29-2004, 10:37 AM
I guess the better question would be who is the person or persons to talk to?

golee1
02-29-2004, 10:54 AM
You could try contacting DPSU from their website. I've heard that some Coke bottlers in the midwest run Nehi flavors insteed of Fanta or Minute Maid, does anyone know if this is true?

bigrich
02-29-2004, 08:31 PM
This is not the case in the Midwest or Mideast. I believe someone posted that Coke in Louisana (possibly New Orleans) bottles Nehi.

Energydude
03-01-2004, 11:29 PM
Has anyone seen Nehi in the market place?

bigbottom
03-02-2004, 12:26 AM
It's not for sale! The question has been asked of the proper people and it's a dead issue. DPSU does not want it nor do they wish for anyone else to have it. So like most great brands it's dyeing a slow and painful death to it's final demise of never never land.

Ron Swedelson
03-02-2004, 12:58 AM
our good friend Danny (sodasommolier) has Nehi with his company (real soda). Pretty good brand. I have only had it in his accounts, only place I have ever seen it.

Energydude
03-02-2004, 08:29 AM
If DPSU does not want it why not let someone who does do something with it?

Willbev
03-02-2004, 08:34 AM
Beverage Digest headline states that DPSU might sell off some brands.

fusion
03-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Considering Nehi isn't even on their website, I could see it as one of those expendable brands.

Maybe Mistic, too. I often wonder why they have so many non-carb/newage/whatever brands.. Snapple, Nantucket, Mistic.. Plus, Canada Dry bottlers around here distribute Ocean Spray.

I'm not sure who would be interested in Nehi, though. The only company I can think of would be Monarch, who owns Dad's, Moxie, Bubble Up, and so on. Or maybe Big Red?

boodoo
03-02-2004, 01:11 PM
I have in the past tried to get distribution rights for Crush and Nehi with no success. Great brands with no place to go!

Cheer-wined
03-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Nehi’s still doing fine here in NC. Third tier has 3 flavors in glass and they use Nehi as the main peach soda in their distribution network.
I think Monarch with Nehi would be a disaster ... look what they've done (actually, what they haven't done) with Suncrest. Big Red could probably do better.

fusion
03-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Or what Monarch has/hasn't done with All Sport.

Cheer-wined
03-02-2004, 10:29 PM
It’s really a shame, too. Just like Nehi, the Suncrest brand name has a lot of nostalgic value. It used to (20-30 years ago) mean you were getting a quality beverage and nice packaging. Somewhere along the line Monarch lost that direction with Suncrest and decided to settle for cheap tasting, flat sodas in generic plastic bottles. Even the logos look cartoon-ish.
But I should pull back on the Monarch bashing, because at least they did manage to keep some of those old brands in production. Can’t say the same for Tru-Ade, Budwine and others.

Anyway, my point is, that even if the Nehi brand were sold (which I don’t think will happen), it might not necessarily be a good thing.

Energydude
03-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Just curious but what would the brand cost? If they are not doing much with it.... why keep it?

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
Or what Monarch has/hasn't done with All Sport. hasn't.

cadbury likes to keep multiples of it's brands. the best example is when fusion said that most canada dry bottlers distribute ocean spray. that's owned by pepsi. pepsi carries dole juices, pepsi contracts with third-parties for ocean spray. that way, they control most of the market.

wink and squirt
hires, a&w
crush, nehi, sunkist.

energydude, you might be able to get a region distribution for nehi, but i highly doubt national rights. i've seen dpsu allow intrastate dist. to distribute crush (and make it in glass) in MI. and that's within the last five years.

Willbev
03-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Pepsi does not own ocean spray.

A&W, Hires, IBC and Stewarts.
Nehi, Crush, Sunkist and Welchs.
Canada Dry, Vermors and Sweps.
7up and Upper 10.
Yoohoo. Browine, Choc Solder.
Hawaiian Punch and Triatian Treat.

fusion
03-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Pepsi was the last distributor of Ocean Spray before they dropped it to use the Dole name on their single serve juices.

Lepke
03-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Nehi was so cool when I was a kid. I remember the tall bottles taller then any other bottle. And flavors as I kid I loved. That brings back memories. You needed a bottle opener back then. The vending machines had a built-in bottle opener my dad would open it for me and they were the kind of machines these you opened the door and pulled the bottle out.
Oy do I feel old.

Ron Swedelson
03-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Im barely 24, I remember when Coke would have the promotional 16 oz cans of soda. Id get to bring one to school, and could not even finish it before lunch was over. I thought that was the best thing in the world.

FitzgeraldHead
03-18-2004, 01:52 PM
I saw four rows of Peach Nehi selling for 79 cents at a BP in Euphaula, AL last weekend. they used to sell Blue, Strawberry, Orange, and Grape at the same place a few years ago. I'm guessing Columbus, GA still has it's share of Nehi. This is one drink I don't want to see vanish.

toby1
03-18-2004, 03:12 PM
Prob coming out of Gusto Distributing in Lagrange, Ga.