PDA

View Full Version : Imported sodas

fusion
03-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Mexican sodas can be found in almost every Mexican store around, but I haven't seen anything from any other countries, locally. I did get a ton of stuff when I went to Jungle Jim's, but I live too far away to make that trip again.

Has anyone had any luck with finding imported soda anywhere else? Asian grocery stores? Indian stores? Anywhere else?

I do remember going to an international food store in northern New Jersey, and they had a limited selection of stuff. Most of it was produced in the US, though. I did get some Antarctica from Brazil, and some odd looking coffees and an apple soda in cans from China and Japan.

KanKing
03-02-2004, 06:10 PM
There is a Korean supermarket near Tysons Corner in Virginia that has a few good drinks. My wife and I bought some Mandarin Orange Juice in small cans that was exceptional. They also had a grape juice made the same way. Not carbonated. Real juice. No other sodas though.

Cheer-wined
03-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Not much...
Some of the Ukrops stores around Richmond/Petersburg carry Ting (Pepsi-Jamaica.)

The local latino grocers run by non-Mexicans have a few different brands that the Mexigrocers don't usually carry, like Ambassador and Guarana Antarctica (Pepsi-Puerto Rico.)

Most of the drinks I've seen in the Asian grocers are the non-carbonated variety, mainly juices and cold coffee drinks. Grass jelly, now there's one to try.

fusion
03-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Giant-Landover carries Ting as well, along with a few other brands that aren't carried other places.

That was also the first place I found The Switch.

fusion
03-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Well, I took the plunge and visited an Asian store near one of the stores I work at on an infrequent basis.

Along with the usual 30+ varieties of tea, some odd looking aloe stuff, was a bunch of stuff from the Lotte Chilsung Beverage (http://www.lottechilsung.co.kr) company in Korea (they are also a Pepsi and Del Monte bottler).

The various flavors were packed in 8.4 ounce slim cans. I found a few skim milk based drinks, one was orange, another was strawberry. They also produce a product called Chilsung Cider, which is a lemon-lime soda. I also found some canned coffee, and a mandarain orange drink from Hapi. I found a mention of the Hapi on a site from Saint Louis MO.. they talked about a place called Jay International Foods (3172 S Grand Blvd, if anyone is near there).

I also saw the juices that KanKing mentioned in a Giant-Landover store today.

XLS_04
03-17-2004, 01:07 AM
New Zealand has good Coke too. I had some awhile ago, and they still use sugar there.

I don't think there in glass but they do have 600mL bottles. Which is slightly bigger than a 20oz bottle.

Shatter
03-17-2004, 11:30 PM
I recently checked out a new grocery store that opened up not too far from me, and once I got inside I realised that it was a Korean supermarket. It's very hard to know what you're buying when you don't read the language the stuff's printed in. But I did pick up a couple different flavors of Ramune from Japan. I'd like to go back when I have more money, they had some interesting stuff there. Like drinks made with lychee.

fusion
04-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Here's a new one on me. Found this at a big international grocery store in northern Delaware.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/pinkting.jpg

Soda-MN-Good
04-19-2008, 01:04 AM
I've picked up quite a few flavors that I offer online..

Germany:
Afri-Cola
Possmann apple Sodas

France:
San Pellegrino orange (aranciata) and lemon (limonata)
Orangina

Slovenia:
Jupi orange
Cockta cola

Peru:
Inca Kola

Australia:
Bundaberg Ginger beer

Africa: (all w/cane sugar)
Fanta orange
Coke
Fanta fruit Cocktail
Sprite

Thailand:
Fanta green jelly
Fanta Black Currant
Fanta Orange

Japanese Ramune:
orange
raspberry
lychee
melon
hello kitty
lemonade
cream soda
strawberry

India:
Fanta orange
Thums Up
Limca

Philippines:
Royal Tru orange
Sarsi

and of course the hispanic products:
Jarrito's Fruit punch, strawberry, pineapple, guava, watermelon, grapefruit, lemon, lemon-lime, mandarin, jamaica, tamarind
barrilito's pineapple
Sidral apple
sidral green apple
Manzana
Tropical
Crush orange
Fanta Orange
Senorial Sangria
Mirinda
Fresca

Mexi-Coke
Mexi-Pepsi
Mexi Sprite

Tannerman
04-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I live in a Polish/Hispanic neighborhood here in the city, so our local supermarket offers quite a bit of interesting stuff. A couple of the standouts include Fanta Pomaranczowa (http://www.bevreview.com/2006/03/31/review-fanta-pomaranczowa/) (Polish Fanta Orange), Fanta Lemonic (http://www.bevreview.com/2006/04/04/review-fanta-lemonic/) (Polish Fanta Lemon), and Sidral Mundet (http://www.bevreview.com/2008/01/23/review-sidral-mundet/) (sort of a Mexican apple flavored soda[/url]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-21-2008, 12:49 PM
I soon will post pictures of mexican Coke in glass bottles... but now with the new label... stay tuned!

lychee
04-23-2008, 02:50 PM
There is a need for Mexican Coke products in my market. Is there another procedure besides sending a 20 bay truck to Laredo and bootlegging it north? Just wondering...