PDA

View Full Version : Jones Halloween Sodas

xJABBERWOCKx
10-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Jones has introduced some new halloween sodas, sold only at Target. The flavors are Candy Corn, Caramel Apple, and some Berry Lemonade and Strawberry concoctions. Has anyone tried any of these sodas? The reviews on x-entertainment aren't very complimentary, but candy corn and caramel apple sodas sound good to me.

The sodas come in little 8 oz. cans (for a change).

Look In The Tunk
10-02-2005, 04:43 PM
I was going to get some of these Friday but I just didn't. (I was kinda running low on money).

NewColaLover
10-02-2005, 05:43 PM
I have tried both the Carmel Apple and the Candy Corn, and I will never buy them again. The Carmel apple tastes like flat apple soda that is really sweet, and the Candy Corn just tastes weird.

I thought that both of these flavors were going to be good, so I was highly disappointed.

TaB
10-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Jones has disappointed me since early 2004 when Fufu Berry began to have a really plasticy and sickening aftertaste, and the quality has began to really lower.

xJABBERWOCKx
10-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I think Jones is taking the path of novelty over delicious taste. Their other holiday sodas (like freaking green bean casserole and whatnot) were famously revolting. But these Halloween flavors sounded like something I would actually want to slosh around in my mouth in liquid form. Sounds like they're not very well executed, unfortunately...

Look In The Tunk
10-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Does Jones still make the "pink" flavor? I used to like getting those from the seven eleven near my house during the summer of 2001.

Dr. Galaga
10-02-2005, 08:31 PM
http://scorpius.150m.com/master/smilie/oi.gif Uuuuummmm, look here. (http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003203)

TaB
10-02-2005, 10:21 PM
TVCS, yes, that is what I was referencing to. It is no longer very high-quality, though. =/

BottleBoss
10-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Oh come on guys/ girls/ whoever, they may not be great but they are worth a try. smile.gif

jblaviback
10-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Well said. :cool:

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Delicious taste?

I remember several Jones flavors being very good, but was their entire line really that good?

SEV :rolleyes:

sodasommelier
10-06-2005, 02:44 AM
Hey you know the Skeleteens (Brain Wash, Black Lemonade, The Drink, DOA) are the original Halloween sodas which people buy all year around!

But anyway you can mix Black Lemonade with Tequila to make Black Margaritas!! smile.gif

xJABBERWOCKx
10-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey, don't roll your eyes at me, SEV, hehe. I don't think every Jones product is so great either. I said they are choosing the path of novelty over delicious taste, I never said every Jones product exemplifies said delicious taste.

ramonazo
10-06-2005, 03:39 PM
I've never in my life tried Jones sodas, but after seeing on the web their Thanksgiving special edition sodas, when I saw the bean, turkey and mashed potato flavors and just to imagine how they taste... I wanted to throw up...

Just for curiosity... how much costs a bottle of that Jones soda and where is available, only in Panera bread?

[ 10-06-2005, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

wonkapete
10-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Our Jones sodas run about $1.19 each. They are found in our Target stores (in the 4 packs) and most any convienence store around here..

yipching
10-09-2005, 09:26 AM
I've tried all the Jones Halloween flavors, except for Strawberry Lime... I love the Berry Lemonade.

But... The Candy Corn is the most vile, disgusting sugar-based concoction I've ever drank. And I usually love things like that... Forcing each sip down was a huge effort not to puke. It was like a cough syrup or liquid antibiotic i had as a kid.

Yet... Bevnet says it's the best soda they've ever had. I think it's amazing the influence a little advertising money has on the reviews:
Candy Corn Review (http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/jones_halloween/)

Mr Zabe
10-09-2005, 12:25 PM
I try to comment on soda pop that I have drunk.
I have not tried the Jones Halloween Sodas.
I just read the Bevnet review for the Jones Candy Corn soda pop.

Bevnet has to be on some sever mind altering drugs. Their review has to have been written by a marketing suit for Jones. What a major joke.
Each time I read a Bevnet review it reminds me of my creative writing class I took in college. I thought the class was a big joke. LOL
I question the integrity of Bevnet's reviews.

I feel some what torn as I really enjoy this message board. It's just the Mother Ship that drives me nuts.

jblaviback
10-09-2005, 02:19 PM
I've tried all the Jones Halloween flavors, except for Strawberry Lime... I love the Berry Lemonade.

But... The Candy Corn is the most vile, disgusting sugar-based concoction I've ever drank. And I usually love things like that... Forcing each sip down was a huge effort not to puke. It was like a cough syrup or liquid antibiotic i had as a kid.

Yet... Bevnet says it's the best soda they've ever had. I think it's amazing the influence a little advertising money has on the reviews:
Candy Corn Review They do not say it is the best soda they have ever had. They simply say it is the best tasting novelty soda Jones has ever come up with.

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-10-2005, 12:20 AM
It doesn't matter.

Zabe and yipching are backing me up on ideas that I've been pushing for months now.

BevNET is really out of touch with consumers.

Jabberwock, I now see what you were saying, and I humbly apologize. Sorry for rolling my eyes at you.

SEV ;)

Mr Zabe
10-10-2005, 12:23 AM
SEV
I got your back on this.
Zabe

jblaviback
10-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Sev by posting that quote does not mean that I do not agree with you because I do agree with you as well.

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-10-2005, 11:11 PM
I know JB, I apologize if it looked otherwise.

I completely understood your point.

Also, as a disclaimer, for RunWDLG for example, I'm not saying that BevNET needs to change, I'm just stating an interesting anomaly among the tastes of consumers as compared to the BevNET reviewers.

SEV smile.gif

MERVERNATOR
10-27-2005, 10:59 AM
yipching, I agree about the reviews here. either these people are getting paid off, or they simply have no taste buds left. Ill never understand how opposite most of the reviews here are from what they should be, and the visitor rating very often shows that... and when they say something like this "overall the product is a bit watered-down and syrupy." (found on the review of the SOHO Blueberry) doesnt it make you wonder? I mean... theres syrup and theres water. if theres too much water, you cant really taste the syrup. (like you find the fountain drinks in many fast food places that are trying to save pennies by skimping on the mixture), and if its too syrupy.. you set the mix higher on the seltzer.. how can they come up with a phrase like that?