PDA

View Full Version : killercoke.org

xJABBERWOCKx
10-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Any thoughts on the www.killercoke.org (http://www.killercoke.org) site? Seems pretty creepy to me. Do you think what they say is true, or pure propaganda? I know I will think twice before buying any coke products now, though it has that sweet nostalgic appeal (though the taste isn't much better than that of pepsi, if you ask me)

Mr Zabe
10-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Now you don't believe everything you read on a dumb propaganda websites do you? Gee if you do I have a lot of prime New Orleans real estate right near the levies, I would love to sell you. LOL

[ 10-02-2005, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Dr. Galaga
10-02-2005, 07:26 PM
The loosers who have the site are also too chicken to have the domain registered to them. It is a "Private Registration."

SamC
10-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Communist propaganda.

TaB
10-02-2005, 09:20 PM
That's not "communist".

Seriously, don't start throwing around political accusations if you can't back them up. I have reason to believe that it's a Green website, judging from the socioeconomic views on it.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-03-2005, 09:30 AM
there's been talk of coke doing illegal things for years. it's interesting, that's for sure.

xJABBERWOCKx
10-03-2005, 03:32 PM
yeah, i've known about this site for quite some time now, but I haven't been on the boards for awhile, so I thought I'd throw it out here and see what the community has to say about it.

mjb1124
10-03-2005, 04:08 PM
This group was making a lot of noise at Rutgers (my university), because the 10-year contract Rutgers had with Coke was about to expire. This time, Rutgers went with Pepsi, and the Killer Coke people seem to be under the impression that they were influential in this decision, but Rutgers has denied it, saying Pepsi was simply the highest bidder. I'm with the university on this one, and with the people on this site who say this is just a propaganda group.

ramonazo
10-03-2005, 05:11 PM
I just don't believe any word that the people of killercoke.org say... maybe they're globaliphobics who want to give a bad image of Coca-Cola, that's not right.

[ 10-03-2005, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

xJABBERWOCKx
10-04-2005, 03:13 PM
I don't think they are against major corporations (though it's always a nice idea to go with the little guy, if he sells a high quality product.) After all, they list Pepsi as an alternative, as well as Jones and basically any other company that isn't Coke.

ramonazo
10-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by xJABBERWOCKx:
I know I will think twice before buying any coke products now...

After all, they list Pepsi as an alternative, as well as Jones and basically any other company that isn't Coke. Stop buying Coke???!!!

Why do I have to buy Pepsi or Jones or whatever? because of the lies that killercoke.org says?...

Coke will be ALWAYS my first choice, and if I have to think twice before buying a Coke product is when I have to decide if I'm gonna buy or Coca-Cola or Coca-Cola Light or Sprite or Fanta or any Coke product... that's all...

[ 10-04-2005, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

xJABBERWOCKx
10-04-2005, 06:06 PM
I was using the fact that killercoke.org advertises other popular brands to illustrate the fact that this isn't merely a site against big corporations. I don't know if what they say is true. I'm not omniscient and neither is anyone else on this board. Some sites like this are just propaganda, some are based in truth. I wish I could tell what camp this organization belongs to, but it doesn't seem like anyone here has the inside information I crave. If I believed all the propaganda that was fed to me, I would be a big Michael Moore fan when in fact I know that he is full of it. On this site, I see no sort of hidden agenda or hypocrisy. That is why this site doesn't turn me off like a Michael Moore film would. Because if it is simply propaganda, what is their point?

The Alternative Crow
10-04-2005, 08:08 PM
[ 10-04-2005, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: BevNET ]