PDA

View Full Version : Assclown reviews Bevmo

assclown
11-10-2002, 11:45 AM
0 out of 5 points

Apparently the booze purveyors are now dabbling in selling boutique sodas which really chaps my ass. People like the Yum dude have put their hearts and souls into lovingly assembling a murderers row of interesting soft drinks and bevies for us to explore, and now that the pump is primed, corporate Satan swoops in.

I'd rather distill my pee into potable water for consumption on a daily basis than encourage Bevmo in this endeavor.

Do yourself a favor. Always support the little guy over the beheamoth...

Ron Swedelson
11-10-2002, 02:13 PM
Assclown, who do you think supplies both of them? Same dist. Yum is a great place with really good sandwiches, but there are a select # of stores in each city that has the same sellection. So be glad its not the same set in every store, but hey, people in Orange County, or Sacramento, or Danville are not going to go to San Francisco and grab a drink at Yum. Don't be mad, just understand, its the same people selling it, and now you can get you same drinks in other areas of the Bay, or the state.

assclown
11-10-2002, 03:20 PM
I guess what I'm saying is that every city needs a YUM and many might have them...

sodasommelier
11-12-2002, 01:52 AM
Well, this is kind of a complex subject. In some ways I agree and in other ways I disagree. First let me say that based on some scattered knowledge I have, the existence of YUM has its roots in the existence of all such "beverage stores". If you trace it all back you might just end up finding a crazy bottle cap collecting non-conformist. But most importantly, even though BevMo has taken on this variety, places like YUM will always be one step ahead and carry that much more variety and have that much more knowledge and enthusiasm for the drinks because the owners are genuine beverage enthusiasts. By supporting YUM you will always get great service and be on the cutting edge of great beverage availability. On the other hand, like Ron mentions... if you don't live near YUM and you would like some great sodas the BevMo really helps to make them available in more outlying areas. And an added bonus is that when a chain such as BevMo supports the loose association of beverage aficionados that affords them their variety, they help to maintain and enhance the growth of a beverage quality mentality that will always afford places like YUM the opportunity to provide the absolutely best variety for miles.

But hey, it's refreshing to see that not only do you appreciate beverage quality and the zest to obtain it, but this enthusiasm lends itself to your protecting those who do their best to make beverage quality keep its place in all our hearts.
I gotta respect that no matter what.

Jon Marc Skink
04-14-2003, 06:04 PM
I love that store!