PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Wham?

wonkapete
10-05-2005, 10:35 AM
My girlfriend was shopping last night and picked up a Pepsi product that I don't remember reading about. Dr. Wham?? It's got really cool packaging. It's distributed by our local Pepsi Bottler. I guess it's a regional thing?? Tastes just like Dr. Pepper!

http://static.flickr.com/28/49666016_ca620d7f42.jpg?v=0

http://static.flickr.com/28/49666017_4a5ebef560.jpg?v=0

Mr Zabe
10-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Don't drink it!!!!!!
It could be some mutant soda pop that might turn you into a girl friend "yes Dear". She will be having you scrub the floors and cook meals before you know it. LOL

Knowing you, you will be back at that store buying every bottle and fridge pack for just investment reasons. You could have uncovered a real gold mine or a money pit. LOL

[ 10-05-2005, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

The Truth
10-05-2005, 01:26 PM
What is the bottler on the can??

wonkapete
10-05-2005, 02:40 PM
It's Buffalo Rock Pepsi, out of Birmaingham, AL. It's our Pepsi Bottler...

Chad.
10-05-2005, 03:19 PM
intresting cant wait to try this, i guess this replacing dr. slice, since slice is no longer around, i wish/hope it is the dr. slice formula, but since you guys say it tastes like dr. pepper i doubt it

Mr Zabe
10-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Back up the truck, Pete said it tasted like Dr.Pepper. Don't get too excited, Dr.Wham is probably in a very limited test. Look how long and goofy the Vault testing has been and then limited roll out.

The Truth
10-05-2005, 03:35 PM
On the can does it say under the authority of Pepsi or Buffalo Rock??
Thanks

Look In The Tunk
10-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Oh my god that packaging is awesome!

Too bad Pepsi bottles DP out here so we'll never see it.

It reminds me of the old OK Soda packaging.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-07-2005, 03:53 PM
that stuff looks sweet. i'd buy it.

mjb1124
10-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Is this actually a Pepsi product, or just a regional product distributed by a Pepsi bottler?

wonkapete
10-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Looks like it's just distributed by our Pepsi bottler. Don't believe it's a national thing. Only has our Pepsi bottler listed on the can. Doesn't mention that it's a Pepsi product.

SamC
10-08-2005, 08:40 AM
I wish Pepsi would do to Dr Pepper what it did to 7 UP with Sierra Mist. Then Dr Pepper would get picked up in its territories by the third tier bottlers, who do such a much better job with the product than Pepsi does.

fusion
10-09-2005, 10:57 PM
What's the first five digits of the UPC code?

fizzbizz
10-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Buffalo Rock is only selling it in their areas where they don't sell dr pepper

wonkapete
10-11-2005, 10:34 AM
UPC codes are:

71854 00051
71854 00070

pepsidew
10-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by SamC:
I wish Pepsi would do to Dr Pepper what it did to 7 UP with Sierra Mist. Then Dr Pepper would get picked up in its territories by the third tier bottlers, who do such a much better job with the product than Pepsi does. that isn't always the case with all pepsi distributors

fusion
10-12-2005, 05:48 PM
71854 is Buffalo Rock's own manufacturer code.

fusion
10-12-2005, 05:49 PM
I agree with pepsidew. When I was in Dyersburg TN, Pepsi really took care of Dr Pepper. The stuff was everywhere, and they had all the varieties, and big sections in the big stores, too.

But otherwise, it seems that in most places I've been, Pepsi doesn't take care of it that much.

Mr Zabe
10-12-2005, 06:02 PM
My two cents.
Here in Chicago, American beverages has C.B.S.
They do an outstanding job in getting their products merchandised. It really is something to visit a big chain grocery store and find what you want in stock.

fusion
10-12-2005, 11:36 PM
According to their website, Buffalo Rock distributes Dr. Wham in the following markets:

Columbus, GA; Ft Walton & Pensacola, FL and Anniston, Childersburg, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Sylacauga, Talladega and Tuscumbia, AL.

I could kick myself.. I drove through Anniston a week ago.

fusion
10-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Oh, I forgot the link.

http://www.buffalorock.com/products/dr_wham.html

There is also a link on there to a radio commercial.

Mr Zabe
10-13-2005, 11:40 AM
The Day The Pepper Died!

I've got to tell you that I have drunken Dr Pepper and various Dr Pepper clones; Dr.Wham is outstanding.

I am so pissed that I had only one can to enjoy.
I was gifted a can from the soda pop fairy. LOL
According to my taste, Dr Wham is far better in every way than Dr.Pepper. I am so blown away by all the elements of a great tasting soda pop.

If Dr Wham should reach my neck of the woods, I would buy and buy it often. Dr.Wham is solidly on my A list of soda pops.

I remain thankful to have savored my can of Dr.Wham nectar. smile.gif

Mr Zabe
10-13-2005, 01:06 PM
I called the local Pepsi bottlers.
They said that they have not heard of Dr. Wham.
They also said that Dr. Wham most likely was distributed by an independent Pepsi bottler.

wonkapete
10-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Zabe, glad you liked. If you want to pay shipping, I can ship all you want. Last time I shipped a fridge pack, it was like $8-$10 for shipping. However, knowing the postal service, that price has probably increased. Let me know if you want to find out.

BATBL18
10-13-2005, 04:56 PM
You can always fit a fridepack in a USPS flat rate box (still $7.70?). You can fit twelve cans and fold the fridgepack in half after opening both ends of the fridgepack. This is the cheapest route, unless you want the fridgepack still intact completely with the soda cans in it.

[ 10-13-2005, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: BATBL18 ]

Mr Zabe
10-13-2005, 05:47 PM
In my case the cheapest way to get them is the best. I don't care about how the fridge box looks. I drink em,not collect them. ;)

NewColaLover
10-13-2005, 07:57 PM
If anyone can ship me a 12 pack of this, that would be awesome! This and Cheerwine are two of my most wanted sodas to try. Oh...if anyone can ship me a 12 pack of Cheerwine as well, let me know!

ramonazo
10-13-2005, 08:24 PM
I entered to the website of Buffalo Rock and I heard some of the radio spots, including the Dr. Wham one... with just hearing the spots you can notice that they were made locally.

BTW, what calls my attention is the great length that the radio spots have in the american radio, here in Mexico the radio spots have the same length as a TV commercial. But one thing is true... American Radio is better than the mexican radio, for instance I listen only U.S. radio by internet instead of the local stations of my town... Because the radio from Aguascalientes sucks...

Another thing, that man that appears in the Dr. Wham packaging looks funny...

[ 11-08-2005, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Mr Zabe
10-13-2005, 09:02 PM
The packaging may look funny but the taste is priceless. smile.gif

drpep
10-31-2005, 08:21 PM
Just got 4 cans in the mail. This is the best Dr Pepper copy I've had so far.

billygtexas
11-01-2005, 03:25 AM
Anyone try the diet version?

Looks interesting, the real test for its success will be in Texas, if someone has the guts to market it here.

Down here, even if its better tasting, Dr Blast will always be looked at as yet another clone of the Doctor..

But I think its strange Buffalo Rock also distributes all Cadbury/Schweppes sodas, including DP. Do they know about this?

[ 11-01-2005, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

The Truth
11-01-2005, 10:18 AM
It is a Buffalo Rock product, they do not have Dr P. in all of there area.

drpep
11-06-2005, 09:49 PM
I got to thinking while drinking a can of Dr Wham. Could this be a Pepsi test product done with the cooperation Buffalo Rock so no one would no what Pepsi was up to,if anything?

Mr Zabe
11-06-2005, 10:43 PM
drpep,
I would like to think that but a simple double blind study of a small population of current Dr Pepper drinkers IMO would show the obvious; Dr Wham IMO would get very high marks for quality and taste.

To make a long story short, IMO Dr Wham is a "sure thing" and does not require covert market tests. I'm sure if Pepsi would do a simple regional market test it would show positive results against Dr. Pepper.

[ 11-07-2005, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Darren
11-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Can anyone send me a 12 Pack of Dr. Wham?!?! I will pay you nicely... Is that $10 a can on Buffalo Rock's website? Forget that!

fusion
11-09-2005, 06:10 PM
No, for a case. But also realize that shipping is going to be pretty high as well.

ChrisPC
11-09-2005, 11:53 PM
How much caffeine does it have? Does it wake you up before you go-go? :D

fusion
11-10-2005, 02:39 PM
I view Buffalo Rock on similar footing as CCBCC. Big enough to be competative, but small enough to be a good place to do test marketing on a smaller scale. Buffalo Rock had those weird 2 liter bottles, the 8pk fridge packaging, and they also have all sorts of small PET bottle offerings, and Grapico and Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale. They also have a strong foodservice/vending business.

I'm of the opinion that Buffalo Rock owns Dr. Wham. But I could see them selling the rights to Pepsi in the future, or at least bottling franchises to other indie bottlers who want a good Pepper-like drink, since the demise of Dr. Slice. Heck, they could even include non-Pepsi bottlers.

[ 11-10-2005, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Mr Zabe
11-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Fusion,
Did you change your avitar to black and white?
I think it looks cool, kind of retro old school. smile.gif

fusion
11-10-2005, 03:46 PM
It's supposed to be a Dasani Spring! logo.. but it's just too small to look right.

http://members.aol.com/dialasong/dasani-spring.jpg

I found it at the Patent & Trade office website.

JasonRan
11-12-2005, 10:27 AM
I just had my first Dr. Wham yesterday. They are readily available here in Huntsville, AL. That thing was pretty darn good. Has quite a kick to it also! Yum!

rickyjames
11-21-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm in Huntsville AL and Dr. Wham is in the convenience store where I buy my USA Today every morning. I found this website via Google trying to find out more about it. Yep, it's a Dr. Pepper clone. Really cool advertizing. If anybody wants some, email me at rickyjames@email.com and I'll ship you some at cost via Paypal. I'm rjroberson on ebay with 200+ positive feedback, so this is on the level. Cheers!

orion007
12-08-2005, 04:19 PM
I live about 5 inutes fro wonkapete and can ship all of the Dr. Wham you want. This stuff is everywhere. There are even big billboards for it all over the place. We even have all the vault you want too so if you need that drop me a line.

The Truth
12-08-2005, 04:46 PM
I thought it was ok, but the diet is real good.

Mr Zabe
12-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Dr Wham regular rocks.
If the Chicago region had it I would buy it.

Is Dr Wham priced below Dr Pepper?

Ron
12-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Will there be a cherry version called "Dr. Bam" and a Vanilla one called "Dr. Thank you Mam"?

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-09-2005, 01:57 AM
hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

drpep
12-09-2005, 07:39 PM
www.buffalorock.com (http://www.buffalorock.com) has Dr. Wham for sale and an mp3 format radio commercial to listen to.

sirslash
01-04-2007, 04:04 PM
i tried it, i like it better the dr pepper but not more then pibb xtra.... it could for sure be nationwide

iluvsurge220
01-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Where is Dr. Wham available? Sorry if this question has already been answered. I've never seen it around my hometown.

fusion
01-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Buffalo Rock Pepsi is the owner, bottler, and distributor of the Dr. Wham brand. And they only sell it in markets where they don't sell Dr Pepper.

I found it in Huntsville AL when I was down there last year.

The BigTymer
01-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
Where is Dr. Wham available? Sorry if this question has already been answered. I've never seen it around my hometown. (Dr. Wham can be found at stores in the following markets: Columbus, GA; Ft Walton & Pensacola, FL and Anniston, Childersburg, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Sylacauga, Talladega and Tuscumbia, AL. Call any of the respective distribution centers to find a store location nearest to you!)

Source: http://www.buffalorock.com/products/dr_wham.html

And to reiterate everyone else: good stuff.

zzyzyzz
02-01-2011, 10:27 PM
I found this site from searching Dr. Wham on Google. I haven't bought it yet but I've noticed Dr. Wham in the Greenville SC market for about 3 weeks now. Interestingly I don't see Greenville listed on the Buffalo Rock website, but I know that we are not serviced by them. This is a market where Coke bottles Dr. Pepper, Mr Pibb or Pibb Xtreme is nowhere to be found. I guess maybe Buffalo Rock made a deal with distributors close to them? That's all I can think.

CitrusCola
02-02-2011, 06:21 AM
I bought some Diet Dr. Wham about a year ago via the Buffalo Rock website. Because they goofed on my order, I exchanged a number of emails with one of their employees. The person I spoke with said that BR was looking to find business partners who could distribute their products (Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale, Grapico, and Dr. Wham). Are any of the other BR products in Greenville, or is it just Dr. Wham?

The Truth
02-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Spinks in greenville SC has 2o 0z for .99 and 2 liter for 1.09.
They sell Sunkist grape.
They are independent.

newCOKEcanuck
02-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Vault was not limited, and has been out in all of north america at one point or another over the past almost eight years. There is no testing taking place. You can by that crap almost any state but is no longer in Canada. The product is so poor against MTN DEW.

Shootmaster_44
02-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Vault was not limited, and has been out in all of north america at one point or another over the past almost eight years. There is no testing taking place. You can by that crap almost any state but is no longer in Canada. The product is so poor against MTN DEW.

Are you certain it is no longer available in Canada? Granted we don't have one here in Lloydminster, but the last time I was in a Mr. Sub about 6 months ago you could get Vault.

Perhaps they import it for some reason.

zzyzyzz
02-04-2011, 07:39 PM
I bought some Diet Dr. Wham about a year ago via the Buffalo Rock website. Because they goofed on my order, I exchanged a number of emails with one of their employees. The person I spoke with said that BR was looking to find business partners who could distribute their products (Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale, Grapico, and Dr. Wham). Are any of the other BR products in Greenville, or is it just Dr. Wham?

I'll keep an eye out for the BR Ginger Ale or Grapico but I haven't noticed them yet. I believe I've seen the Dr Wham displayed with Pepsi products.

newCOKEcanuck
02-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Shootmaster_44, when you go down to montanna just buy some vault there and they have cherry vault plus diet flavors are available if your into them which i am against due to the chemicals. Just stick to regular sodas. I am a DEW man myself.