PDA

View Full Version : Weird Coke bottles...

ramonazo
10-06-2005, 12:35 AM
This ones are from Costa Rica, they are from a promotion where you can win a debit card (or credit card?)...
https://www.credomatic.com/panama/img/cocacola-promo.jpg
And this Coca-Cola Light ones are from here (Mexico) from a promotion in partnership with Cirque du Soleil where you can win tickets or trips to see the show "Saltimbanco" from Cirque du Soleil in Mexico City or "O" in Vegas...
http://www.a.com.mx/Imagenes/noticias/cirque.jpg
IMO, I lately drank Coke light in this bottles and it's cool and also weird because you can't see if it's full or empty... and also looks like if I were drinking from a motor oil bottle...

What's your opinion?

[ 10-05-2005, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

iluvsurge220
10-06-2005, 11:27 AM
I like the different colored bottles. They are a lot more fun looking than the clear ones. I wish they had those here in the states.

Mr Zabe
10-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Just my sick distorted two cents. LOL

These bottles remind me of spray paint mixing bottles that my Dad used to use to mix his house hold paints.

Just me, I would never buy nor drink any soda pop from a bottle that was not in some way translucent. I enjoy seeing the soda pop and knowing how much is left to drink.

Yes I even have soda pop hang up. ;)

ramonazo
10-06-2005, 03:22 PM
You're right Mr. Z...

With a bottle that's not translucent, you can't see if the soda is going to explode after getting shaked (specially the diet ones, that happened with me and my family with the silver colored Pepsi Light special edition bottles) or if is full or empty...

I can't deny that these bottles that are in the images are cool, specially I'd like to have one of the Costa Rica special edition bottles, but like you say, It's better to see what you're drinking...

[ 10-06-2005, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

mjb1124
10-06-2005, 03:24 PM
When I was in Europe this past summer, they had silver Pepsi Light bottles, but you could still see through them.

drpep
10-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Just me, I would never buy nor drink any soda pop from a bottle that was not in some way translucent. I enjoy seeing the soda pop and knowing how much is left to drink.
So you do not buy cans?

Mr Zabe
10-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Good point.
I really do not have a good reason other than cans seem IMO to be different. I can hold a can in one hand easily. I can look into a can easily.
These are all irrational excuses. I guess it's all what one is use to.

Sometimes I get a 20btl out of a cooler and the pop inside the bottle is either warm or flat. I never have this problem with a can. I know just about 95% of the time if the can has ice cold pop in it.

What I'm saying is that I'm a product of my past experiences. There must have been some less than pleasant thing when I was drinking a bottle (plastic) of pop. I became sensitive to the bottle in general.

I like a can because IMO the carbonation seems to be sharp the way I like it. I go for carbonation as much as I go for taste. smile.gif

[ 10-06-2005, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

PepsiBlue
10-07-2005, 01:25 AM
I love frinking Jolt soda from the battery can/bottle!
its fun!