PDA

View Full Version : Better than regular?

Mr Nethead
09-08-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm curious, does anyone feel that certain diet sodas taste better than their regular counterparts?

Mr Zabe
09-08-2006, 03:56 PM
All I can say is that when I was drinking Diet Pepsi and still smoked; there was nothing that tasted as good as a Marlboro Red Box smoke and a cold can of Diet Pepsi. The mouth and nose exhale tasted better than good. LOL

[ 09-08-2006, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jmyjunk
09-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Frankly, No.

While I enjoy diet soda, Coke and Pepsi, even with the dreaded HFCS, is better tasting than than their diet. IMHO.

Though opinons are always subjective. smile.gif

Ram0n C0keah0lic
09-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Here... no... although Coca-Cola Light is good, regular Coca-Cola tastes better than Coke light... the only diet soda that tasted better than its regular counterpart (Coca-Cola Citra) was Coca-Cola Citra Light, but now is discontinued...

[ 09-08-2006, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

jblaviback
09-09-2006, 03:30 PM
No.....No.....No...........NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Way
diet soda would ever taste as good as regular!
>
>
>
>
but thats just my opinion ;)

David J.
09-09-2006, 10:28 PM
I recall that I liked Pepsi ONE a lot back when it first came out.

I haven't tried the new formulation.

jacksmom
09-10-2006, 01:00 AM
I'll have to admit that I grew up on diet drinks, since that was all my parents had around. For a long time I preferred that taste and whenever I had a "regular" Sprite or Coke it tasted so sicky sweet to me. I, of course, rarely drink diet now (I need all the energy I can get to chase my four kids around), but if I'm sick I prefer diet sodas because it takes me back to my childhood. Vault Zero, IMO, though is as close as it gets to a "regular" tasting soda.

Chad.
09-10-2006, 02:50 AM
diet code red is pretty good along with diet cherry 7up

Ram0n C0keah0lic
09-10-2006, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Ramón Cokeaholic:
the only diet soda that tasted better than its regular counterpart (Coca-Cola Citra) was Coca-Cola Citra Light, but now is discontinued... I found today Coca-Cola Citra Light 310ml cans on sale at Comercial Mexicana... I bought four cans... goodieeee! :D

popologist
09-10-2006, 04:41 PM
believe it or not, there ARE people who prefer the taste of diet coke. my brother being one of them. he thinks regular coke is too sweet.

go figure.

upinarms
09-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
All I can say is that when I was drinking Diet Pepsi and still smoked; there was nothing that tasted as good as a Marlboro Red Box smoke and a cold can of Diet Pepsi. The mouth and nose exhale tasted better than good. LOL LOL. This is something only smokers and ex-smokers can agree on. When I smoked, I used to love to have my first smoke of the day on the porch on a cool morning with a nice hot cup of coffee. In fact, September and October were the most common months I did these, before it got too cold, and you could catch a glipse of the foliage.

Anyway, back to the question. Being raised on diet sodas and then turned on to regular ones, I'm pretty indifferent, I'll drink both. However, most regular ones do taste better. But some folks do go for the watery flavor, hence the Diet Coke junkies.

However, one drink that is like night and day is diet Dr Pepper Berries and Cream. I initally tried the diet and thought it was kinda gross but when I found the regular I thought it was good.