PDA

View Full Version : Diet Sprite Zero packaging comparision

Tannerman
10-22-2004, 05:36 PM
I thought you guys might be interested in seeing the difference between the Billboard Version of the Diet Sprite Zero packaging vs. the Real World Version. Nothing too groundbraking, but when I first saw the billboards a while back, I was intrigued mainly because the image showed that the logo on the bottle would go sideways... which I thought was unique (but obviously, probably not very practical).

http://steveandamysly.tannerworld.com/databank/image_dietspritezero1.jpg
Billboard as seen next to I-90/94
(Kennedy Expressway) in Chicago

http://steveandamysly.tannerworld.com/databank/image_dietspritezero2.jpg
Out with the old...

http://steveandamysly.tannerworld.com/databank/image_dietspritezero3.jpg
...in with the new!

Energydude
10-22-2004, 05:59 PM
I must admit I enjoy this product very much.

XLS_04
10-23-2004, 05:53 AM
the sprite font is still the same as the old one.

i was in canada a few weeks ago and seen their sprite bottles and cans, they have the new packaging with the new font.

the diet sprite Zero packaging is not bad but they need to remove the word diet because it looks like it does not belong there. they mean well with the Zero concept, but the word diet throws it off.

XLS_04
10-23-2004, 05:54 AM
also wanted to mention we are the only country to still use the old Sprite font logo.

SamC
10-23-2004, 08:31 AM
If you are running a Coke bottle line, you have to keep the following inventory, in multi-sizes:

Coke bottles; green Sprite bottles; clear Sprite bottles; Coke product bottles in light blue (Dasani), clear, and green; and generally non-Coke product bottles in clear and green (KO will not permit non-Coke products in the Coke product bottles. And many Coke bottlers use the dedicated Dr Pepper bottle as well.

A Pepsi line would have Pepsi bottles, in clear and green, since Pepsi puts everything in the same bottles, and even permits non-Pepsi products like Dr Pepper into that bottle. A third tier would besimilar, two bottles, clear and green.

That has to cost and cause production slow downs.

fusion
10-23-2004, 09:35 PM
Coke bottles have names:

Contour - used for the colas
Dimple - used for Sprite
Bolt - used for the flavors

Coke bottlers who sell Dr Pepper use the angle bottles.

Except for 2 liters -- they all use the same generic bottles. 1.5 liters do use the contour/dimple/bolt, from pictures I've seen. I haven't seen a picture of a 1.5L Dr Pepper product, though.

I thought it was odd that Seagram's went from angle to bolt when Coke purchased the long-term licensing rights to the brand. I personally prefer the look of the angle bottle.

I remember the pre-bolt bottles.. they were these chubby looking bottles. In fact, some bottlers still use that style bottle for 1 liters, mostly Nestea and Dr Pepper. I had to go 2-3 states away to find a 1 liter angle bottle of any kind. Our 1 liter Nestea and Seagram's come in bolt bottles.

Pepsi Buffalo Rock does use angle bottles.. have you ever seen their 2 liters? They are these huge angle bottles with 3 liter size caps.

Keep in mind that Dasani is run off a separate line. So that does simplify things somewhat. Though Dasani comes in many sizes.. 8oz (given out on airlines), 12oz, 16.9oz, 24oz, 24oz sportcap, 1 liter, 1.5 liter. There are also many configurations of multipacks.

Forecasting and production have become pretty technologically advanced, so they probably don't need to keep a lot of bottle inventory on hand at one time. I do remember an incident last year where we ran out of CF Diet can bodies, so we were out of stock on fridgepacks for over a week, during a holiday ad week.

mjb1124
10-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
I haven't seen a picture of a 1.5L Dr Pepper product, though.https://webmail.eden.rutgers.edu/src/download.php?startMessage=886&passed_id=5980&mailbox=INBOX&ent_id=2

Pardon the blurriness - it was taken from a camera phone.

Coke04
10-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Energydude:
I must admit I enjoy this product very much. WHAT!? But it's not bottled in glass and made with cane sugar! *gasp*