PDA

View Full Version : The Cold Hard Truth...

Mello Yello Luver
10-10-2005, 04:03 AM
It's time the truth be revealed to BevNet. Coke is A GIANT.

Most valuable Food And Beverage Brands
1. Coca Cola 72 Billion
2. McDonald's 28 Billion
3. Marlboro 22 Billion
4. Nescafe (Switzerland) 13 Billion
5. Heinz 11 Billion
6. Budweiser 10 Billion
7. Kelloggs 7 Billion
8. Pepsi 6 Billion
9. Wrigley's 4 Billions
10. Bacardi 3 Billion

Source: Interbrand
(The Top 10 of everything 2002)

[ 10-10-2005, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

ramonazo
10-10-2005, 11:34 AM
No doubt about it... Coca-Cola is the best-known brand all around the world, and really deserves that value.

Mr Zabe
10-10-2005, 12:13 PM
I so agree. The Brand beverage Coke is still the Holy Grail of the best of the best brands.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-10-2005, 07:47 PM
yes...i'm sure they realize that as well. but does "Coke" really need a review? Or do you know what it tastes like? Do you need a review of Diet Coke? Or do you need a review of Stewart's Diet Cola, a lesser brand that won't be 2/$1 in a dump bin at wally world.

I don't see anywhere on BevNet where they deny that Coke is a giant, or that COKE itself is the largest brand in terms of intrinsicate value, but BevNet started out as an industry source and website, and not devoted to one company, KO. Also, BevNet supports a lot of new innovators and entrants in the market, something that they stick with to this day.

However, PepsiCo (the owner of Pepsi, as well as Frito-Lay, Quaker Oats, Gatorade and 1/3 of Yum! Inc, which owns Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, Long John Silvers and A&W Restaurants) is worth more as a company in terms of profit and sales than Coca-Cola itself. However, Coca-Cola outsells Pepsi in beverages. There's different ways you can look at it, but the bottom line is, we all know Coke is huge. Do we all have to like it? Because they are so big, must they get favorable reviews?

pepsidew
10-10-2005, 08:04 PM
pepsi outsells coke in some parts of the US - but overall coke sells more...i don't really know why...pepsi has better brands :D

ramonazo
10-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by pepsidew:
pepsi outsells coke in some parts of the US - but overall coke sells more...i don't really know why...pepsi has better brands :D I don't think so... :rolleyes:

IMO, Coke is better than Pepsi, Sprite is better than Sierra Mist (or 7up in the case of us), Fanta is better than Mirinda and Powerade for me is better than Gatorade.

And in the case of mexican brands... Ciel, Fresca, Manzana Lift and Delaware Punch taste better than E-pura, Kas, Manzanita Sol and Power Punch respectively.

No question that our country is the number one consumer of Coca-Cola products in the world... smile.gif

[ 10-10-2005, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

ramonazo
10-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
However, PepsiCo (the owner of Pepsi, as well as Frito-Lay, Quaker Oats, Gatorade and 1/3 of Yum! Inc, which owns Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, Long John Silvers and A&W Restaurants)In some latin american countries like Chile, Pizza Hut sells Coke, and also Long John Silver's does it.

It's weird that Pepsi owns a one third part of a company that sells Coke in some restaurants.

[ 10-10-2005, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

the saint
10-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Last time I went to a LJS they still sold coke same with A&W also. I have also been in a Taco Bell as well as a KFC that sold coke products. It depends if it is a corporate store or a Franchisee owned store. I do believe that Pepsi has changed their policies on this but the franchisees contracts thru coke have to run their time.
As far as coke having better products than Pepsi it is all a matter of opinion. I for one do not see how anyone can stomach to drink coke but I am not going to argue with someone about it. I will be one of the first to say that coke bottled Dr Pepper taste a hell of a lot better than Pepsi bottled Dr Pepper.
One last thing if you notice the time of the numbers stated above it was 2002 which IIRC happens to be before Pepsi bought Tropicana, Quaker, SoBe, Dole. I am sure it doesn't count the partnerships with Lipton or Starbucks either and is only counting Pepsi CSDs but counting all of Cokes brands i.e. Minute Maid etc.

Mello Yello Luver
10-11-2005, 05:28 AM
I think the reason Coke is bigger than Pepsi is that Coke is worldwide and Pepsi isn't. I think most of Pepsi's sales are in North America and Europe. But Coke is sold everywhere all over the world. But Pepsi sales are quite comparible with Coke here in the U.S.

[ 10-11-2005, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

Mr Zabe
10-11-2005, 05:48 AM
I agree.
When I lived in Israel some 20 years ago.
Coke the only soft drink besides those produced locally,available. At that time,there was no Pepsi or any other US soft drinks.

I remember that Coke was sold in the medium sized bottles and was sweetened with sugar cane. Oh man a cold coke or two (LOL) felt like heaven paused on a super sized wide screen TV. LOL I craved drinking it every day. They were relatively cheap, around 70 cents a bottle.

[ 10-11-2005, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-12-2005, 08:47 AM
zabe: http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/israel.asp

Mr Zabe
10-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Interesting link.
In 1978 when I was in Israel, Coke was the only choice. I being a soda pop freak would have drank Pepsi too as I like variety.

IMO soda pop and politics do not mix in my view of life. I do recall my Aunt who was a religious Jew making a major case in the 1980's that drinking Pepsi was hurting Israel.

I did not pay attention to her as at that time. I was into Diet Pepsi. I may of been blind to the politics but it did not stop my Diet Pepsi addiction.